Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
BOTFA - Film description (On Hobbit Homepage)

DuBekar
Rivendell

Jul 28 2014, 8:47pm

Post #1 of 10 (804 views)
Shortcut
BOTFA - Film description (On Hobbit Homepage) Can't Post

From Academy Award®-winning filmmaker Peter Jackson comes “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies,” the third in a trilogy of films adapting the enduringly popular masterpiece The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkien

“The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies” brings to an epic conclusion the adventures of Bilbo Baggins, Thorin Oakenshield and the Company of Dwarves. Having reclaimed their homeland from the Dragon Smaug, the Company has unwittingly unleashed a deadly force into the world. Enraged, Smaug rains his fiery wrath down upon the defenseless men, women and children of Lake-town.

Obsessed above all else with his reclaimed treasure, Thorin sacrifices friendship and honor to hoard it as Bilbo’s frantic attempts to make him see reason drive the Hobbit towards a desperate and dangerous choice. But there are even greater dangers ahead. Unseen by any but the Wizard Gandalf, the great enemy Sauron has sent forth legions of Orcs in a stealth attack upon the Lonely Mountain.

As darkness converges on their escalating conflict, the races of Dwarves, Elves and Men must decide – unite or be destroyed. Bilbo finds himself fighting for his life and the lives of his friends in the epic Battle of the Five Armies, as the future of Middle-earth hangs in the balance.

Looks very good! CAN'T WAIT

" Why, O people of Noldor! Fëanor cried. Why should we longer serve the jealous Valar, who cannot keep us nor even their own realm secure from their enemy? And though he be now their foe, are not they and he of one kin? Vengence calls me hence, but even were it otherwise I would not dwell longer in the same land with the kin of my father's slayer and of the thief of treasure. Yet i am not the only valiant in this valiant people. And have ye not all lost your King? And what else have ye not lost, cooped here in a narrow land between the mountains and the sea? Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain tears in the thankless sea? Or shall we return to our home? In cuiviènen sweet ran the waters under uncloaded stars, and wide lands lay about, where a free people might walk. There they lie still and await us who in out folly forsook them. Come away! Let the cowards keep this city!"

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 28 2014, 11:01pm

Post #2 of 10 (309 views)
Shortcut
And from the credits, we've confirmation that Old Bilbo will be in this film as well [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm talking about the credits from the official site. Woohoo! I'll be happy to see him again Smile

The Hobbit Soundtracks - Being an online archive of information concerning Howard Shore's score for The Hobbit films.

DuBekar
Rivendell

Jul 28 2014, 11:05pm

Post #3 of 10 (288 views)
Shortcut
yee [In reply to] Can't Post

It is wonderful to have Ian Holm in it :) It is going to be tearmaker really.

" Why, O people of Noldor! Fëanor cried. Why should we longer serve the jealous Valar, who cannot keep us nor even their own realm secure from their enemy? And though he be now their foe, are not they and he of one kin? Vengence calls me hence, but even were it otherwise I would not dwell longer in the same land with the kin of my father's slayer and of the thief of treasure. Yet i am not the only valiant in this valiant people. And have ye not all lost your King? And what else have ye not lost, cooped here in a narrow land between the mountains and the sea? Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain tears in the thankless sea? Or shall we return to our home? In cuiviènen sweet ran the waters under uncloaded stars, and wide lands lay about, where a free people might walk. There they lie still and await us who in out folly forsook them. Come away! Let the cowards keep this city!"

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 28 2014, 11:11pm

Post #4 of 10 (275 views)
Shortcut
Totally! [In reply to] Can't Post

I should remember to probably *not* go watch this with a whole bunch of friends the first time Angelic

The Hobbit Soundtracks - Being an online archive of information concerning Howard Shore's score for The Hobbit films.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 29 2014, 12:10am

Post #5 of 10 (244 views)
Shortcut
Ohhh... Bilbo... That would be perfect... // [In reply to] Can't Post

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 29 2014, 12:12am

Post #6 of 10 (248 views)
Shortcut
It would indeed... [In reply to] Can't Post

... it would also be a lovely segue into the beginning of FOTR (after the prologue ofc) :)

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 29 2014, 1:45am

Post #7 of 10 (217 views)
Shortcut
Bombyzz Theory stated elsewhere here...MONTHS ago? [In reply to] Can't Post

LAST SHOT?

OLD Bilbo
Blows OUT the Candle?

(Audience Right).. this time
Instead of

Lighting the Candle?
(Audience Left) @ the Beginning of
AUJ...

POOF!

Black Screen...Credits.

BookEND Shots in
BagEND

Crazy

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 29 2014, 1:48am

Post #8 of 10 (206 views)
Shortcut
Indeed! [In reply to] Can't Post

And I think it was just a few weeks ago actually. I recall reading your post and thinking it would be a nice ending :)

Rickster
Rohan

Jul 29 2014, 3:35am

Post #9 of 10 (187 views)
Shortcut
but no more Frodo [In reply to] Can't Post

It would ruin the movie

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Jul 29 2014, 6:31am

Post #10 of 10 (177 views)
Shortcut
The aged Martin Freeman [In reply to] Can't Post

as the Old Bilbo at the beginning of the Hobbit was something of a disappointment for me; I'll be glad to see again the "real" Old Bilbo, so lively. who was so great in LOTR... Sir Ian Holm! To have him again in the end of this Hobbit Trilogy will be a perfect and wonderfully fitting way indeed to prepare the new audience to his slightly different appearance and mannerism as Old Bilbo. Yay!!!

'Is everything sad going to come untrue?'
(Sam, 'The Field of Cormallen', in 'The Return of the King'.)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.