The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Will there be pick ups in August?

djm008
The Shire

Jul 28 2014, 6:31pm

Post #1 of 8 (627 views)
Shortcut
Will there be pick ups in August? Can't Post

I heard a rumor about Evangeline Lilly telling that she would do some pick ups afther Commic Con.
Is that correct?
And if so, are there also other actors who will do the same?

Lindele
Gondor

Jul 28 2014, 6:32pm

Post #2 of 8 (412 views)
Shortcut
ADR [In reply to] Can't Post

As far as I know they are only doing ADR at this point...so no pickups. At least that is what I've been hearing and if I am correct Lilly said she was going for two days of ADR...not pickups.

djm008
The Shire

Jul 28 2014, 6:35pm

Post #3 of 8 (360 views)
Shortcut

And what is the difference? ADR is shooting same scenes again...?
And are there more actors to do ADR?

JamesPaganini
Rivendell

Jul 28 2014, 6:37pm

Post #4 of 8 (353 views)
Shortcut
No, ADR... [In reply to] Can't Post

...is when the actors go into a voice recording room and recording dialogue over scenes which are shown on a screen.

Not all those who wander are Lost

Darkness must pass. A new day will come and when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.

(This post was edited by JamesPaganini on Jul 28 2014, 6:38pm)

Lindele
Gondor

Jul 28 2014, 6:38pm

Post #5 of 8 (343 views)
Shortcut
ADR is [In reply to] Can't Post

re-recording audio to be dubbed over the already shot visuals. So it will be an actor in a studio with a microphone looking at the scene trying to match her dialogue with the original scene that was shot. There is no filming involved. And they typically do one actor at a time, so there are never really any actors together.

ADR is important because sometimes the sound you get on set is not very good due to the environment or noise etc...so this allows you to get good clean audio. Also, oftentimes the filmmakers will change the script a little bit and need some new words/phrases recored by the actors.

djm008
The Shire

Jul 28 2014, 6:41pm

Post #6 of 8 (313 views)
Shortcut

Ah okey. Learned something again ;).

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Jul 28 2014, 6:44pm

Post #7 of 8 (312 views)
Shortcut
You can also add new dialogue to individual shots [In reply to] Can't Post

that don't feature the character (i.e. new dialogue from character A added over a shot of character B), although this seems to be done more on television.

adt100
Rohan

Jul 28 2014, 10:01pm

Post #8 of 8 (154 views)
Shortcut
Aka Additional Dialogue Recording // [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.