The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Fellowship of the Ring deleted scenes

shaundobson
Rivendell

Jul 27 2014, 6:11pm

Post #1 of 8 (812 views)
Shortcut
Fellowship of the Ring deleted scenes Can't Post

PJ's announcement at Comic Con this year in which he stated there are many scenes in LOTR that we havnt seen yet gave me the idea of piling all of these scenes together into one place, whilst also trying to fit them into the chronological order of the movie:

Prologue: There was going to be a longer version of this, especially the Last Alliance

Barrow Wights: I'm unsure whether these pictures are legit but it seems to show a barrow wight in the barrow downs

Rivendell: Alot more scenes of Rivendell, to Arwens meeting of aragorn, Arwen with galadriel and Arwen saying goodbye to Legolas

Fellowship climbing up to Cahadras:

Moria Goblins chase the Fellowship: The fellowship's entry into Lorien isn't so smooth after all !

(This post was edited by shaundobson on Jul 27 2014, 6:17pm)

IdrilLalaith
Rivendell

Jul 27 2014, 6:49pm

Post #2 of 8 (527 views)
Shortcut
Cool idea! [In reply to] Can't Post

The Barrow-wights look more like concept art. Where did you find them?

TolkienBlog.com

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 27 2014, 6:50pm

Post #3 of 8 (508 views)
Shortcut
Or even card game art. [In reply to] Can't Post

I think they decided very early this was not going to be in the movie. I doubt anything has been shot.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

shaundobson
Rivendell

Jul 27 2014, 7:19pm

Post #4 of 8 (491 views)
Shortcut
yeah.. [In reply to] Can't Post

i wasnt too sure they were real shots either as i know they were cut from the films at a very early stage..

here's the website i found most of them on

http://s729.photobucket.com/...57409884071252232397

IdrilLalaith
Rivendell

Jul 27 2014, 8:33pm

Post #5 of 8 (477 views)
Shortcut
Good call [In reply to] Can't Post

It does look like card art. I agree that it was probably never shot. I'd be a little surprised if it even made it into the concept stage.

TolkienBlog.com

Eruclauron
Bree

Jul 28 2014, 12:16am

Post #6 of 8 (500 views)
Shortcut
Barrow-wights! [In reply to] Can't Post

Love those Barrow-wight images! That's always been one of my favorite parts of the first book, and they look awesome here! Too bad they weren't in the film.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 29 2014, 2:39am

Post #7 of 8 (427 views)
Shortcut
Feel free to use these :) [In reply to] Can't Post

I gathered them up as unused scenes when making the Lotr Geeky Observation Lists.

Unused scenes slideshow

And I did this one before The Hobbit got the green light to begin filming :)

The Hobbit~In Pictures

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

shaundobson
Rivendell

Jul 30 2014, 7:33pm

Post #8 of 8 (394 views)
Shortcut
much appreciated !:) [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.