The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
So when will the trailer be released?

MJM
The Shire

Jul 27 2014, 1:40pm

Post #1 of 16 (1599 views)
Shortcut
So when will the trailer be released? Can't Post

Does anybody have any ideas? I heard that is was likely that it would be released by Monday, but I am worried that they will wait to release it with Into the Storm. Has anybody heard anything to the contrary?

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 27 2014, 2:06pm

Post #2 of 16 (818 views)
Shortcut
There is nothing "to be heard", I think. [In reply to] Can't Post

Most trailers that premiered on CC have not been made available to the public yet - Mockingjay, Superman/Batman, Skull Island, Hobbit, etc.

So there is some hope they will just keep them under wraps until the Convention is over and publish them tonight and in the following days.

So Monday is probably a good guess but not based on real information, simply the best guess possible. Mockingjay is going to be released tomorrow after the weekend has been exclusive to Samsung regarding their trailer.

Carne has also "heard" that theaters will start to get it at the beginning of the week... so the teaser might be released on Thursday. I am sure we will get it online before a cinema release.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

bicho
The Shire

Jul 27 2014, 2:11pm

Post #3 of 16 (887 views)
Shortcut
Actually [In reply to] Can't Post

some of them are already on the internet.... the batman vs superman is AWESOME!!

Angelic

I did not know that

(This post was edited by bicho on Jul 27 2014, 2:16pm)

Name
Rohan

Jul 27 2014, 2:13pm

Post #4 of 16 (803 views)
Shortcut
Yeah but that will be taken down soon enough. [In reply to] Can't Post

How many Tolkien fans does it take to change a light bulb?

"Change? Oh my god, what do you mean change?! Never, never, never......"

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 27 2014, 2:15pm

Post #5 of 16 (784 views)
Shortcut
Please edit that. [In reply to] Can't Post

TORN is not the place for bootlegs that are not meant to be seen like this. Mad (EDIT: Thanks!)

Thank God there are not Hobbit bootlegs out there, yet.

Officialy, none of those have been released, yet.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Jul 27 2014, 2:20pm)

Carne
Tol Eressea

Jul 27 2014, 2:25pm

Post #6 of 16 (815 views)
Shortcut
Yup, Monday is what I've heard [In reply to] Can't Post

But I have no idea if it's released online then or just sent to theaters. The latter sounds more likely as WB likes to hype their trailer releases. If it was indeed coming on Monday I think it WB would have announced it all over Twitter and Facebook. Wednesday or Thursday is more realistic.

(This post was edited by Carne on Jul 27 2014, 2:26pm)

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jul 27 2014, 2:46pm

Post #7 of 16 (708 views)
Shortcut
oh my [In reply to] Can't Post

Frown

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

Arandir
Gondor

Jul 27 2014, 4:02pm

Post #8 of 16 (683 views)
Shortcut
thehobbit.com [In reply to] Can't Post

The official site is currently redirecting to the Hobbit Fan Fellowship Contest.

Take it as a sign that Warner Bros are prepping up the site with a BOTFA theme (+ teaser Wink) before launch.

'A Tolkienist's Perspective' Blog
Why we Love 'Sherlock'
'How Peter Jackson inches closer to making 'The Silmarillion'

(This post was edited by Arandir on Jul 27 2014, 4:03pm)

Bernhardina
Rohan

Jul 27 2014, 5:24pm

Post #9 of 16 (463 views)
Shortcut
Oh this is too exciting! [In reply to] Can't Post

My feelings at the moment: Crazy Shocked Laugh Unsure Pirate Heart Frown Cool

bicho
The Shire

Jul 27 2014, 6:31pm

Post #10 of 16 (317 views)
Shortcut
hope [In reply to] Can't Post

the mad max trailer is out.. .and it was shown yesterday at comic con

(This post was edited by bicho on Jul 27 2014, 6:31pm)

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 27 2014, 6:40pm

Post #11 of 16 (280 views)
Shortcut
I thought "this is it"... [In reply to] Can't Post

... 40 minutes ago when I saw PJ being online on FB.

But since he only clarified what's the deal with the contest and nothing has happened since, I doubt anything is being planned for today.

I do understand the impatience... but what some people write on FB is really inappropriate. Sense of entitlement or even the "right" to see it NOW and downright anger at those who made it to Comic Con. Sorry, this is borderlining ridiculous.

Some obviously not even bothering to read PJ's message before commenting... as he clearly stated the contest will be open to everybody around the world, yet people still get upset because they think it is only for US citizens. Sigh.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Jul 27 2014, 6:44pm)

Bofur01
Lorien

Jul 27 2014, 6:45pm

Post #12 of 16 (255 views)
Shortcut
Seems like WB's bizarre marketing strategy is working... [In reply to] Can't Post

People are begging for the trailer's release, with the movie months away!

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Jul 27 2014, 6:50pm

Post #13 of 16 (225 views)
Shortcut
This [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
... 40 minutes ago when I saw PJ being online on FB.

But since he only clarified what's the deal with the contest and nothing has happened since, I doubt anything is being planned for today.

I do understand the impatience... but what some people write on FB is really inappropriate. Sense of entitlement or even the "right" to see it NOW and downright anger at those who made it to Comic Con. Sorry, this is borderlining ridiculous.

Some obviously not even bothering to read PJ's message before commenting... as he clearly stated the contest will be open to everybody around the world, yet people still get upset because they think it is only for US citizens. Sigh.

you know before reading the comments from a posting what you gonna see first Crazy

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Jul 27 2014, 6:52pm

Post #14 of 16 (204 views)
Shortcut
i wouldn't exactly call it a batman vs. superman trailer [In reply to] Can't Post

it was like a 30 second clip.

The flames of war are upon you..

KeenObserver
Lorien

Jul 27 2014, 6:55pm

Post #15 of 16 (225 views)
Shortcut
Mad Max: Fury Road [In reply to] Can't Post

It sounds like the Maxian footage that was shown induced a terrific reaction from attendees.

And it seems like it was the highlight of the WB panel.

I hope that it gets released some time soon because I'm dying to see what all the buzz is about.

I kinda feel the same about Jupiter Ascending and Batman v. Superman (I'm gonna scrounge the net for what's available).

Unfortunately, my excitement for The Hobbit teaser is dwindling. It won't be fresh now. I guess I can only blame myself for spoilage.

Here's to tomorrow!

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Jul 27 2014, 7:21pm

Post #16 of 16 (134 views)
Shortcut
Do not despair K.O. [In reply to] Can't Post

Tomorrow may be a brand new dayCool

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life"

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.