The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
I really fear asking but...

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Jul 25 2014, 7:49am

Post #1 of 12 (1827 views)
Shortcut
I really fear asking but... Can't Post

...could today maybe the day where the t-r-a-i-l-e-r drops ?...

KeenObserver
Lorien

Jul 25 2014, 7:55am

Post #2 of 12 (910 views)
Shortcut
Catch us off guard? [In reply to] Can't Post

I was thinking of that . . .

I hope so.Sly

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jul 25 2014, 8:24am

Post #3 of 12 (871 views)
Shortcut
Dont think so [In reply to] Can't Post

It makes more sense that it will appear with PJ presence at SCC. That it will by Saturday right?

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

(This post was edited by Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) on Jul 25 2014, 8:24am)

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 25 2014, 8:47am

Post #4 of 12 (834 views)
Shortcut
I do not see... [In reply to] Can't Post

... why it would drop a day before the official PJ panel at CC. In that case the delay would have made no sense at all.

Premiere at CC tomorrow, Online Release Saturday-Monday, Cinema Release mid/end next week.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 25 2014, 10:12am

Post #5 of 12 (788 views)
Shortcut
Let's hope that by spelling it out [In reply to] Can't Post

you won't scare it away. ;)

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jul 25 2014, 12:08pm

Post #6 of 12 (813 views)
Shortcut
Does anyone remember the RotK trailer? [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember when it came out I watched it over and over again, it was the first trailer that I really got excited and emotional over. Hearing "The end has come" and realising it was the last Tolkien film we might ever get Frown

http://youtu.be/r5X-hFf6Bwo

Hope that this trailer has the same effect on the younger fans as RotK had on me when I was 15. Who knows, if the trailer's really good it'll have that same effect on me and make me feel like a teen again Laugh can't wait.

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Jul 25 2014, 12:11pm)

Glorfindela
Valinor

Jul 25 2014, 1:30pm

Post #7 of 12 (658 views)
Shortcut
Crickey [In reply to] Can't Post

I was well past my teens when the LotR films were released, and that didn't stop me from obsessing about them. As for feeling 'like a teen again' – God forbid and no thank you! That's one stage of my life I'm glad I've got shot of…

In Reply To
Hope that this trailer has the same effect on the younger fans as RotK had on me when I was 15. Who knows, if the trailer's really good it'll have that same effect on me and make me feel like a teen again Laugh can't wait.

Lindele
Gondor

Jul 25 2014, 1:58pm

Post #8 of 12 (597 views)
Shortcut
Agreed [In reply to] Can't Post

Do I have to be a teen to have these feelings of obsession and passion for these movies? I sure hope not...otherwise, how embarrassing.

adt100
Rohan

Jul 25 2014, 2:01pm

Post #9 of 12 (592 views)
Shortcut
Ditto! Ever since FOTR I have been utterly hooked like nothing before or since [In reply to] Can't Post

(and I too was past my teen years even then!)

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jul 25 2014, 2:20pm

Post #10 of 12 (576 views)
Shortcut
I was "hooked" at 18 with FOTR but it was with the DVD [In reply to] Can't Post

I had no idea from the books and when I went to cinema the movie seeed to me ok, it remind me to Willow or something, but it was when Ii started to watch it on DVD that I realized WOW just wow, the huge amount of detail and the story was a masterpiece. Then I read the books before the release of ROTK

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 25 2014, 3:02pm

Post #11 of 12 (526 views)
Shortcut
No you don't, I promise.... ;-) // [In reply to] Can't Post

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 25 2014, 3:03pm

Post #12 of 12 (542 views)
Shortcut
Couldn't agree more! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.