Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
New stills of Bard, Tauriel and Thranduil.
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 24 2014, 6:49pm

Post #26 of 35 (567 views)
Shortcut
Bilbo will have his own soon enough! / [In reply to] Can't Post

There&ThereAgain
Rohan

Jul 24 2014, 6:53pm

Post #27 of 35 (593 views)
Shortcut
he might as well be the talking purse in these films! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair; and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater."-J.R.R. Tolkien

"Thanks for the money!" -George Lucas

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 24 2014, 7:16pm

Post #28 of 35 (555 views)
Shortcut
Stop LOL [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm just SO grateful for the Bard and especially that stunning, gorgeous Thranduil image.HeartHeartHeart And even tho I'm missing my dwarves and esp. the Mountain King (no matter what, he's my favorite) I know there will be a slew of images - also of Bilbo. So much of these films rests on the shoulders of one little Hobbit.

Merenwen Vardamir
The Shire

Jul 24 2014, 9:03pm

Post #29 of 35 (478 views)
Shortcut
Fantastic pics. [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, I´m happy for the new pics, specially Thranduil´s one, I hope we´ll get soon pictures of Bilbo and the dwarves .Smile

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 24 2014, 10:26pm

Post #30 of 35 (428 views)
Shortcut
But if he had been, he would have had to steal himself! // [In reply to] Can't Post

KeenObserver
Lorien

Jul 24 2014, 10:45pm

Post #31 of 35 (448 views)
Shortcut
Good stuff [In reply to] Can't Post

Thranduil looks absolutely epic. *shivers*

I like Bard more and more with each new pic.

Where's your blue coat Bard? I thought you'd
change clothes soon after your dip in the lake.

It looks like he waits till Dale to suit up.

Makes me wonder about that family picture.

Perhaps I'm assuming too much.

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

MirielCelebel
Rivendell

Jul 25 2014, 12:54am

Post #32 of 35 (422 views)
Shortcut
Can I just say... [In reply to] Can't Post

...how gorgeous Thranduil is in this shot??? And I'm NOT a Thrandy girl, I promise. I said it after DoS and I'll say it again, Lee Pace is exactly how I pictured Thranduil. They were able to mirror his image based on Legolas (since they already visualized him in LOTR), there is a strong family resemblance, but enough differences, I think, to say Legolas may also look like his mother. But Thranduil looks just like the Elvenking, tall, fair, majestic, cool, he's just amazing. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

"The Road goes ever on..."

Writing Bliss

Moahunter
Rohan

Jul 25 2014, 1:06am

Post #33 of 35 (400 views)
Shortcut
Re: "Where's your blue coat Bard?.... [In reply to] Can't Post

... I thought you'd change clothes soon after your dip in the lake.
It looks like he waits till Dale to suit up."

That pic of Bard is in Dale so the mystery of the blue coat continues.

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 25 2014, 2:14pm

Post #34 of 35 (295 views)
Shortcut
Elves! Thranduil! Thanks for sharing, Carne // [In reply to] Can't Post

Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII
(Tis true! More appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies)

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), Two, Three, Four new! posted 16 Jul

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Jul 25 2014, 11:45pm

Post #35 of 35 (267 views)
Shortcut
Thranduil's is beautiful [In reply to] Can't Post

Really striking!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.