The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
So, the trailer will be released Saturday

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Jul 23 2014, 10:16pm

Post #1 of 16 (2918 views)
Shortcut
So, the trailer will be released Saturday Can't Post

At least that's what I'm getting from PJ's post on the Hobbit blog: http://www.thehobbitblog.com/

Hopefully this will hit Youtube shortly thereafter, for those of us who can't go to ComiCon!Unsure

TheHutt
Gondor

Jul 23 2014, 10:34pm

Post #2 of 16 (1790 views)
Shortcut
First look != Trailer [In reply to] Can't Post

Could be a videoblog.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Booklet Project

cats16
Half-elven

Jul 24 2014, 5:13am

Post #3 of 16 (1409 views)
Shortcut
I think it will be similar to Catching Fire, from last year. [In reply to] Can't Post

I happened to be online at the time, and noted the process, starting from those in Hall H seeing it, people waiting online roughly 10-15 minutes at the most, and then an upload. I can't remember the publication that released it first, but it wasn't the studio's social media team.

Things one does when DOS wasn't at Comic Con last year. Cool

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 24 2014, 8:24am

Post #4 of 16 (1263 views)
Shortcut
Yes, the word "confirmation" is used way to lightly. [In reply to] Can't Post

On another note: I hope the long wait and false build-ups and expectations will not lead to the teaser being impossible to fulfill the incredibly high hopes some seem to have.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Arandir
Gondor

Jul 24 2014, 11:28am

Post #5 of 16 (1220 views)
Shortcut
What we need to start asking now is: [In reply to] Can't Post

When will the teaser be publicly availble?

It's all well and good that I'll make it's first debut during the Comic Con panel, but how long before they release it online?

To me, that's been the question on my mind recently. As far as I know, the majority of stuff that appears behind closed doors at Comic Con, always takes a while to be released to the public (unless it's an awful camera version - which is a big no no)

'A Tolkienist's Perspective' Blog
Why we Love 'Sherlock'
'How Peter Jackson inches closer to making 'The Silmarillion'

TheHutt
Gondor

Jul 24 2014, 11:36am

Post #6 of 16 (1182 views)
Shortcut
I'd suggest... [In reply to] Can't Post

...Monday or Tuesday after CC.

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 24 2014, 12:00pm

Post #7 of 16 (1139 views)
Shortcut
Exactly. [In reply to] Can't Post

As long as they do not do some "Samsung Exclusive" such as THG: Mockingjay I am good with it.

Since THG have no real panel at CC and the trailer for it will only be available with the use of either Samsung or bootlegs until 28 July, I hope the TH team uses that "vacuum" and momentum to release the trailer shortly after the screening at CC.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Jul 24 2014, 12:00pm)

Carne
Tol Eressea

Jul 24 2014, 12:08pm

Post #8 of 16 (1216 views)
Shortcut
So I contacted someone who works with trailer distribuation here in Norway [In reply to] Can't Post

And they told me the trailer arrives on Monday. I'm not sure if that's just for them or if that is when it officially hits the net.

(This post was edited by Carne on Jul 24 2014, 12:14pm)

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 24 2014, 12:11pm

Post #9 of 16 (1175 views)
Shortcut
I guess Monday and next week... [In reply to] Can't Post

... would be the day they start to ship them to cinemas world-wide.

Some sites and Twitter accounts also re-used and copy-pasted a claim from a BO.com user who claims to know the teaser is released this Sunday (I wouldn't be surprised if PJ put it online right after the panel).

At least in some European countries this will go nicely together wit the release of Dawn ot Planet ot Apes.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Jul 24 2014, 12:16pm)

TheHutt
Gondor

Jul 24 2014, 12:42pm

Post #10 of 16 (1139 views)
Shortcut
The time of truth is nigh... [In reply to] Can't Post

...will our prediction with 4 dialog parts in the trailer work out? :)

adt100
Rohan

Jul 24 2014, 2:22pm

Post #11 of 16 (1052 views)
Shortcut
From past history, online rumblings and just gut feeling, [In reply to] Can't Post

I would strongly expect it to come at some point in the day online following The Hobbit presentation on Saturday. In cinemas next week for sure, but they almost certainly won't wait that long for an online release.

Arandir
Gondor

Jul 24 2014, 5:31pm

Post #12 of 16 (951 views)
Shortcut
That's encouraging! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope you're right Wink

Why we Love 'Sherlock'

Arandir
Gondor

Jul 24 2014, 5:31pm

Post #13 of 16 (943 views)
Shortcut
Seems a likely possibility ... // [In reply to] Can't Post

Why we Love 'Sherlock'

EomundDaughter
Lorien

Jul 24 2014, 6:17pm

Post #14 of 16 (962 views)
Shortcut
Plan watching it here on TORN [In reply to] Can't Post

Rickster
Rohan

Jul 24 2014, 11:46pm

Post #15 of 16 (857 views)
Shortcut
giving up [In reply to] Can't Post

i had almost given up all hope.

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 25 2014, 6:44am

Post #16 of 16 (812 views)
Shortcut
Why? [In reply to] Can't Post

It was always quite expectable to happen like this. +/- one or two weeks. And we have known for a while now from PJ that the teaser will soon come and the trailer in October.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.