Elutherian
Rohan

Jul 21 2014, 5:23pm

Post #1 of 8 (2239 views)
Shortcut
Evangeline Lilly interview on Tauriel Can't Post

Among some other things:

http://www.slashfilm.com/evangeline-lilly-comic-con-hobbit-ant-man-real-steel/

The Grey Pilgrim, they once called me. Three hundred lives of men I walked this earth, and now I have no time...

Taurious
The Shire

Jul 21 2014, 5:44pm

Post #2 of 8 (1576 views)
Shortcut
hmmm [In reply to] Can't Post

"Tauriel’s story ends in classic Tolkien fashion." hmmm...interesting little nugget of information from Evangeline. I wonder what she means by that...

JamesPaganini
Rivendell

Jul 21 2014, 6:02pm

Post #3 of 8 (1545 views)
Shortcut
I whole heartedly believe... [In reply to] Can't Post

That Tauriel will pass into the undying lands because of Kili's death. To me that is in the style of Tolkien, like she described and it also backs up what Evangeline said before about Tauriel having a "tragic end".

Not all those who wander are Lost

Darkness must pass. A new day will come and when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Jul 21 2014, 6:46pm

Post #4 of 8 (1452 views)
Shortcut
sailing west [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not sure how I would feel about that. On one hand, having her get killed in the Battle of Five Armies would take away from the impact of the more important deaths. So I think I'd prefer her "tragic end" to involve something else, and it seems like sailing west would be the next option. But I don't know if I necessarily want something like that brought up in the Hobbit. I guess at this point there's enough Lord of the Rings and Appendices related stuff that a reference to sailing west wouldn't be the end of the world as long as it's done well. But the Tauriel storyline has been hit and miss for me so far, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

(This post was edited by Mooseboy018 on Jul 21 2014, 6:46pm)

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 21 2014, 7:01pm

Post #5 of 8 (1422 views)
Shortcut
WHAT a Burden "Tauriel" must bear...& EVIE is up to the TASK! [In reply to] Can't Post

"SOMETIMES a Great Notion"?

Happens...

when picking
Anyone to PLAY ...
such an important ROLE?

Bomby sometimes...does not care what
anyother TolkienGEEKS.. thinks?

SHE WILL go down in History!!!

SOOoo, get used to it?

(WE are truly Blessed to such a Fine Canadian Actress doin' her TaurielTHING?)

Heart

Taurious
The Shire

Jul 21 2014, 8:04pm

Post #6 of 8 (1363 views)
Shortcut
just speculation... [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree with you, Mooseboy018...I was also thinking, what if there's a small chance she kicks the bucket in the sacking of lake-town. I'm not going to hold a very big candle to that notion though myself; just speculation. Based on an interview with Weta, I'm projecting the film will pick up literally where 'the Desolation' left us hanging; Smaug destroying Lake Town in the opening sequence, which would be early for a death of any major character, Fili and Kili including...there's just so much uncertainty, you know? Anything could happen.

JamesPaganini
Rivendell

Jul 21 2014, 8:26pm

Post #7 of 8 (1334 views)
Shortcut
I highly doubt... [In reply to] Can't Post

that Fili and Kili will die in Laketown. PJ will most certainly stay true to the book and have them both die defending Thorin in the Battle of Five Armies.

Not all those who wander are Lost

Darkness must pass. A new day will come and when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.

bruinen
Bree

Jul 22 2014, 12:33pm

Post #8 of 8 (1095 views)
Shortcut
Boromir/Theoden [In reply to] Can't Post

IDK...but "classic Tolkien fashion" plus probable death in battle...to me this sort of leans Boromir or Theoden...wounded in battle, death scene with person of royal blood. (In Tauriel's case, I think it's Thranduil or Legolas.)

Movie-verse lines more like:

I would have followed you, my brother... my captain... my king...

or

My body is broken. You have to let me go. I go to my fathers, in whose mighty company I shall not now feel ashamed.

Just my 2 cents!

My Avatar: the desk Tolkien used when he wrote The Hobbit...now on display at Wheaton College.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.