Elrond in his armor - new pic!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

TnuaccayM
Bree

Jul 21 2014, 7:42pm

Post #26 of 28 (689 views)
Shortcut
There were ''costumed'' orcs [In reply to] Can't Post

Many orcs and some goblins were actually people in costumes, and some with prosthetics too, but most of them only with cgi faces. I agree that sometimes they can look weird, but it allows them to show more facial expressions than someone in prosthetics. Like Lurtz or Gothmog in LOTR, they had no facial expressions, only angry faces, and when you have antagonists like Bolg and Azog you need them to show facial expressions to make them complete interesting characters. With an orc like Lurtz people might have gotten bored easily very quickly. At least we know when Azog or Bolg is actually happy, angry or surprised.

Taurious
The Shire

Jul 21 2014, 9:01pm

Post #27 of 28 (668 views)
Shortcut
eh... [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't look at this picture without thinking how sad it was they went with a digital Bolg instead of prosthetics Unsure It's like missing a long lost friend. But Elrond's Armor looks sweet! Smile

Old Pilgrim
Rivendell

Jul 23 2014, 5:25am

Post #28 of 28 (594 views)
Shortcut
Why not? [In reply to] Can't Post

I think he should be there since he is part of the White Council and an important leader of the Free Peoples. I don't see anything bad in him participating in that battle, in fact I would be surprised if he stayed in Rivendell while all other members of the White Council do fighting.

Elrond looks nice in this shiny new armour and I am wondering if he will fight in it... However the other orc probably won't appear because we already have Bolg so this one isn't important any more - maybe he will just play some low orcs or something.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.