The Black Arrow - what a monster!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Farficom
Rivendell

Jul 21 2014, 1:41am

Post #26 of 35 (287 views)
Shortcut
Interesting. [In reply to] Can't Post

I really hope there is a bow involved, and not some sort of device.

Yngwulff
Gondor

Jul 21 2014, 2:30am

Post #27 of 35 (289 views)
Shortcut
rooftop battle [In reply to] Can't Post

I am assuming Bard's rooftop battle involves his getting to the ballistae so he can launch the Black Arrow.

It's been mentioned so I think it likely as much as I would prefer a canonical version.

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Jul 21 2014, 6:12am

Post #28 of 35 (276 views)
Shortcut
Ooops - yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

Of course, I should have said longbow...brain failure! Crazy

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Jul 21 2014, 5:38pm

Post #29 of 35 (231 views)
Shortcut
I especially love the shot [In reply to] Can't Post

of the Black Arrow approaching and bouncing off of Smaug. Such a great shot, and a great little sequence. So glad it made the EE.

(This post was edited by sauget.diblosio on Jul 21 2014, 5:39pm)

Snowghost77
Lorien

Jul 21 2014, 8:38pm

Post #30 of 35 (225 views)
Shortcut
I totally believe. .. [In reply to] Can't Post

PJ will have built up all the hype with the black arrow only to have smug destroy the arrow and Windlass, leaving the audience completely blindsided, perplexed, and wondering. At that moment, Bard will have his moment by heroically reverting back to his longbow and regular arrows in an epic showdown as smaug is hovering right in front of him about to flame his butt.

The path of the Warrior is paved in blood, sweat, tears and ultimately death. He weeps for the fallen, bleeds for the cause, and sweats till he dies.
In memory of operation FALLEN ANGEL and the mighty Heroes of SEAL team 6, the PJ's, SOCOM aviation, and all those who fell in the Tangi Valley.
- Task force Warrior will not forget you

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jul 21 2014, 9:13pm

Post #31 of 35 (218 views)
Shortcut
Maybe... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
PJ will have built up all the hype with the black arrow only to have smug destroy the arrow and Windlass, leaving the audience completely blindsided, perplexed, and wondering. At that moment, Bard will have his moment by heroically reverting back to his longbow and regular arrows in an epic showdown as smaug is hovering right in front of him about to flame his butt.

The Black Arrow was the instrument of Smaug's destruction in the book, so I have a hard time believing that it will be bypassed in the film. We do have the description of Bard firing some over-sized projectile from his bow; as implausible as this seems on the surface, it could be the windlance bolt. I just have a hard time visualizing this.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Snowghost77
Lorien

Jul 21 2014, 9:29pm

Post #32 of 35 (201 views)
Shortcut
It's all good, his other arrows are black too. .. [In reply to] Can't Post

The path of the Warrior is paved in blood, sweat, tears and ultimately death. He weeps for the fallen, bleeds for the cause, and sweats till he dies.
In memory of operation FALLEN ANGEL and the mighty Heroes of SEAL team 6, the PJ's, SOCOM aviation, and all those who fell in the Tangi Valley.
- Task force Warrior will not forget you

Barrow-Wight
Rohan

Jul 22 2014, 2:39am

Post #33 of 35 (199 views)
Shortcut
one of two things will happen [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think he'll shoot from the windlance I believe one of two things will happen

1: He'll use it and miss or lose it somehow and like another user said he'll use a regular arrow

2: it breaks in half and he'll use it to shoot Smaug

but for some reason I just can't see him shooting the whole thing from the windlance. But perhaps I should get used to the fact that Jackson will do it anyway lol

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 22 2014, 3:18am

Post #34 of 35 (193 views)
Shortcut
MISTER Magnicent izz fully aware of Windlances [In reply to] Can't Post

& Black Arrows
he has said THAT all ready...in DOS?

Soo..What do you think he may
AIM for First?

BombyBelieves
NOTHING
ANymore?

JUsST ...."Surprise us,W/ Something"?
UNEXPECTED!

Please PJ!
Crazy

Trying to predict our FutureFATE in this FILM
is for
Fake Fortune-Tellers?

(This post was edited by Bombadil on Jul 22 2014, 3:21am)

Old Pilgrim
Rivendell

Jul 23 2014, 5:36am

Post #35 of 35 (144 views)
Shortcut
Which would be bad [In reply to] Can't Post

I wasn't fun at all of this windlance stuff from the beginning. When I first heard that it replaced the original black arrow I disliked it, because the book was telling specifically about the black arrow from the long bow, there was no windlance mentioned and changing this particular part of storyline would be really bad.

But I really like your idea Barrow-Wight: he would shot from windlance but when he miss it, he would be forced to use his own bow and in last desperate moment shot a normal arrow at Smaug. I hope we will see something like that.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.