Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
I think we'll get a teaser poster soon (tomorrow?)
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

adt100
Rohan

Jul 16 2014, 8:04pm

Post #26 of 41 (310 views)
Shortcut
Not Arwen's unexplainable 3rd billing and the FOTR Gollum as almost an afterthought? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jul 16 2014, 8:20pm

Post #27 of 41 (309 views)
Shortcut
Billing order is a contractual thing [In reply to] Can't Post

Being one of the few (if not only) recognizable Hollywood stars of the day, it's not surprising that Liv had such high billing in the films. Of course, I wish it meant she had more screen time, but that's a different subject.

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 17 2014, 3:28am

Post #28 of 41 (252 views)
Shortcut
*Snicker* I'm just gonna agree with you [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sorry for folks that like it. But now that I'm really paying attention - well this view it looks like a giant soap bubble, with a kind of ET Gollum. Reminds me of Labyrinth with David Bowie only there the bubbles work and are kind of eerie re the film.Cool

Also by dropping the heads and all that in the middle of the Two Towers, it's just messy.

That said, they could have done better with the all-dwarf poster instead of bad PS. Especially if you are going to slap on poster on the entire side of a building *sigh*. At least they had the Hobbit photograph series which I thought were beautiful.

adt100
Rohan

Jul 17 2014, 8:34am

Post #29 of 41 (243 views)
Shortcut
I realise that [In reply to] Can't Post

and I accepted it for FOTR, but I think by TTT the films were strong enough and other actors/charcters strong enough not for this to happen. She's hardly even in the film and tbh, I recognised Ian McKellen, Christopher Lee and Bernard Hill far more! The fact that Gollum is arguably 'the' star of the second film makes it all the more frustrating that he's so small in the poster.

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jul 17 2014, 7:56pm

Post #30 of 41 (197 views)
Shortcut
The contracts [In reply to] Can't Post

were probably completed for all three films before FOTR was released, so she probably had that billing place long before the number of scenes she was ultimately in was decided.

And I disagree that Gollum is the star of the film. If anything, I'd say it's Aragorn. These films really became about Aragorn, especially the final two.

adt100
Rohan

Jul 17 2014, 8:35pm

Post #31 of 41 (196 views)
Shortcut
Aragon is over the course of the 3 films clearly the star (with Frodo and Gandalf) [In reply to] Can't Post

But in TTT I think Gollym is up there with any of the other characters. Certainly coming out if the cinema Gollum was the one most ppl were talking about, in regards both the performance and CGI. I realise this has no reference really to billing order, but I still think his representation on that poster is very poor.

Bofur01
Lorien

Jul 17 2014, 8:41pm

Post #32 of 41 (185 views)
Shortcut
I'm guessing his CGI hadn't yet been finalised... [In reply to] Can't Post

...so they had to use his FotR image.

Gandalf the Green
Rivendell

Jul 19 2014, 11:08pm

Post #33 of 41 (167 views)
Shortcut
Let's see you eat your hat then. [In reply to] Can't Post

Sunday, still no poster.
Let's see you eat your hat, then.

Name
Rohan

Jul 19 2014, 11:20pm

Post #34 of 41 (164 views)
Shortcut
Ah, but [In reply to] Can't Post

It's still Saturday here in the States. There's still time!

How many Tolkien fans does it take to change a light bulb?

"Change? Oh my god, what do you mean change?! Never, never, never......"

Gandalf the Green
Rivendell

Jul 20 2014, 7:17am

Post #35 of 41 (161 views)
Shortcut
Hat eating [In reply to] Can't Post

Only he said he was sure it would come on Friday, which means that he was already a day late - two by now.
So there's some hat-eating to be done on YouTube.

Name
Rohan

Jul 20 2014, 12:27pm

Post #36 of 41 (154 views)
Shortcut
You're right! [In reply to] Can't Post

Name
Rohan

Jul 20 2014, 12:31pm

Post #37 of 41 (160 views)
Shortcut
I FORMALLY CALL FOR A HAT EATING CEREMONY! [In reply to] Can't Post

IF I CAN'T ENJOY A HOBBIT POSTER/TRAILER, THEN GOSH DARN IT, I'M GOING TO ENJOY YOU EAT YOUR HAT ON YOUTUBE!

AshNazg
Gondor

Jul 21 2014, 1:11am

Post #38 of 41 (142 views)
Shortcut
Hey hey, you're all too early! [In reply to] Can't Post

I said if it doesn't come at all (meaning by the end of Sunday) That for me is about now... I don't own a hat, though. But I will do some sort of forfeit when I wake up tomorrow.

I apologise for being wrong, I guess it shows you can never know for sure, but I was under the impression that we were getting a teaser on 21st and that didn't come either :(

I think whoever is in charge of releasing these things saw my comment and decided to hold on just to make me feel stupid, lol.

Sorry!

Name
Rohan

Jul 21 2014, 1:16am

Post #39 of 41 (141 views)
Shortcut
As a fellow poster [In reply to] Can't Post

On TORN's message boards, I understand. We all go through the same thing, waiting for this accursed trailer.

But if I don't see a shoe-eating video on YouTube by tomorrow, I'm definitely flipping out.
Laugh

AshNazg
Gondor

Jul 21 2014, 1:20am

Post #40 of 41 (143 views)
Shortcut
Umm.... I don't have shoes? [In reply to] Can't Post

Unsure please be gullible

The most annoying thing that could happen now, is it comes out while I'm sleeping tonight Mad

(This post was edited by AshNazg on Jul 21 2014, 1:22am)

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Jul 21 2014, 2:17pm

Post #41 of 41 (124 views)
Shortcut
Of course you don't own shoes!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

You are a Hobbit aren't you? You don't need 'em!! Wink *hint* *hint*

Call me Rem, and remember, not all who ramble are lost...Uh...where was I?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.