The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
The Fifth Hobbit: Sam looked back...

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jul 14 2014, 11:55am

Post #1 of 6 (1666 views)
Shortcut
The Fifth Hobbit: Sam looked back... Can't Post

https://www.facebook.com/thefifthhobbit/photos/a.266638860163329.1073741826.266525816841300/309598822533999/?type=3&theater

This goes for you BlackFox

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jul 14 2014, 4:51pm

Post #2 of 6 (1590 views)
Shortcut
This is awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Boy, it's a creepy scene. *shudders*
Big thanks! Smile

“Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” - Henry David Thoreau

Loresilme
Valinor

Jul 28 2014, 7:00pm

Post #3 of 6 (1527 views)
Shortcut
Sam looked back... [In reply to] Can't Post

Another very evocative depiction! I like how you have anchored Sam and Frodo on the bottom right with the gnarled tree trunk on the bottom left. It gives me the feeling that Sam and Frodo 'belong' out there, among the trees and the leaves - the colors of their clothing and backpacks mirror the tree trunk's, and the swirls in their hair blends into the swirls of the leaves - to me this says, the Hobbits belong there. Then our eyes are drawn up to where they're both looking and we see what doesn't belong, the black horse and its rider, something being in that woods that is very wrong and shouldn't be there. Very eerie, chilling!

Applause! Applause! Lovely work, all of these recent pieces. Looking forward to your next group of illustrations :)!

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jul 28 2014, 9:12pm

Post #4 of 6 (1518 views)
Shortcut
Iam really, really, really overwelmed by your atemption and care [In reply to] Can't Post

in describing those drawings, I´m about to draw something Black Fox talked about, if you feel free to suggest any scene of the book I could try to give the vision I see about that particular scene:-)

Thank youSmileSmileSmile

Survivor to The Battle for The Fifth Trailer

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jul 28 2014, 9:31pm

Post #5 of 6 (1515 views)
Shortcut
The feeling of that the nazgul doesnt belong there its why this scenes in the book [In reply to] Can't Post

are the scariest to me, is like the enemy at home

Also to the post hype of the trailer in the facebook page of The Fifth Hobbit there are a lot more about Silmarilion aswell, enjoySmile

https://www.facebook.com/thefifthhobbit?ref_type=bookmark

Survivor to The Battle for The Fifth Trailer

Loresilme
Valinor

Jul 29 2014, 12:46am

Post #6 of 6 (1562 views)
Shortcut
Exactly! [In reply to] Can't Post

The idea of:

In Reply To
is like the enemy at home

that's exactly the feeling I get from the illustration!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.