Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Del Toro praises Jackson's Fellowship: "rarely been as transported in a movie theater"

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Jul 12 2014, 8:31pm

Post #1 of 3 (560 views)
Shortcut
Del Toro praises Jackson's Fellowship: "rarely been as transported in a movie theater" Can't Post

Guillermo del Toro dropped into Reddit today to conduct an Ask Me Anything to promote his new vampire horror-drama television series The Strain which is debuting on US telly this Sunday.

While he was there, he had this to say when asked which he preferred, The Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones.

I think that I have rarely been as transported in a movie theater as I was when I saw the Fellowship of the Ring unfold on the screen. I consider Peter Jackson one of the most gifted directors ever to tackle the fantasy genre.

I believe that Game of Thrones, however, operates at a different level within arguably, the same genre.

Game of Thrones has a social and sexual complexity that makes it a very different cutting-edge post-Vietnam Era fantasy story that deals with not only an impending enemy, or the purity of evil, but the relative evil that lurks within the hearts of all mankind.

Therefore, tonally, I think that the works of Tolkien provides a completely different experience to Game of Thrones, but they are both masterworks of world creation.

Del Toro fans can check out his AMA in full over on Reddit. Just follow the link below.

[Reddit AMA thread]

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Jul 13 2014, 10:44pm)

EomundDaughter
Lorien

Jul 17 2014, 9:12pm

Post #2 of 3 (442 views)
Shortcut
Really comparing apples and lemons.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Funny or Die has the right idea..."Gay of Thrones"....

GOTs is stupid..

Owain
Tol Eressea

Jul 29 2014, 7:03am

Post #3 of 3 (337 views)
Shortcut
Guillermo is a cool dude. [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope that he get's to finish the Hellboy Trilogy and a shot At the Mountains of Madness.

Middle Earth is New Zealand!

"Question everything, embrace the bad, and hold on to the good."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.