Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Do you think there will be the Trolls in the third movie?

caglarkuraner
Bree

Jul 12 2014, 7:39am

Post #1 of 7 (987 views)
Shortcut
Do you think there will be the Trolls in the third movie? Can't Post

Yes, my question is quite clear: do you think there will be the Trolls in the battle.
Last year, in an interview by Empire, Peter said "we have the battle of the five armies. When we finish shooting, this might be the battle of six or seven armies, as well. So the Trolls might be included, I think.

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 12 2014, 8:35am

Post #2 of 7 (662 views)
Shortcut
It's possible... [In reply to] Can't Post

... but I doubt it. So far we haven't seen that kind of troll, even in the glimpses of the army in Dol Guldur. And when it comes to the battle, the inclusion of anything that big on the enemy side might detract visually from Beorn. Just a thought.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jul 12 2014, 11:44am

Post #3 of 7 (626 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, I'm about 80% sure there will be [In reply to] Can't Post

PJ is gonna try and ramp this battle up to 11. del Toro mentioned armoured trolls that curl themselves up like hedgehogs and roll to attack. Maybe they're still in. We'll be seeing bats, trolls, goblins, orcs, wargs and all sorts.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jul 12 2014, 12:56pm

Post #4 of 7 (603 views)
Shortcut
Well, not THE Trolls... [In reply to] Can't Post

I doubt that we will see an entire Troll army; we might encounter the three stoned Trolls again if we see Bilbo and Gandalf retrieve the buried chest from An Unexpected Journey. Sauron might have some of his Olog-hai at Dol Guldur--especially since they are not bothered by sunlight.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

tsmith675
Gondor

Jul 12 2014, 1:59pm

Post #5 of 7 (552 views)
Shortcut
That sounds very much like a del Toro thing [In reply to] Can't Post

del Toro mentioned armoured trolls that curl themselves up like hedgehogs and roll to attack.

I couldn't see that staying in PJ's version.

Our destiny lies above us.

Name
Rohan

Jul 13 2014, 8:29pm

Post #6 of 7 (408 views)
Shortcut
Just gotta say..... [In reply to] Can't Post

Beorn duking it out with a couple trolls would be pretty cool.

How many Tolkien fans does it take to change a light bulb?

"Change? Oh my god, what do you mean change?! Never, never, never......"

LordotRings93
Rohan

Jul 13 2014, 11:37pm

Post #7 of 7 (397 views)
Shortcut
Hmmmm I'd say probably not [In reply to] Can't Post

We saw the army that will be marching to Erebor. The Gundabad orcs that set out from Dol Guldur only (from what we saw) had orcs and wargs marching, and we never got a hint of a troll in Dol Guldur, and those big brutes would be pretty easy to spot in a march. No trolls, probably. Only ones we'll get are the ones we already got: Bert, Tom, and William. They made a point trolls don't venture far south (at least the mountain trolls in the Ettenmoors), and they really only joined Sauron's army when he returned to Mordor. So yeah, probably just orcs, wargs, and giant bats.

The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies 12/17/14
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.