The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Andy Serkis Appreciation Thread I

trqn13
Bree

Jul 12 2014, 5:49am

Post #1 of 3 (463 views)
Shortcut
Andy Serkis Appreciation Thread I Can't Post

One for Martin Freeman and how many for thranduil?, i think we sometimes overlook the awesome performance of andy serkis as gollum on the hobbit and lotr. Great actor and motion capture performance genius....... favourite parts and comments?

"Give me your name, Horse Master, and I shall give you mine"

Elarie
Grey Havens

Jul 12 2014, 2:22pm

Post #2 of 3 (318 views)
Shortcut
I would like to see more of Andy Serkis in the movies just as himself [In reply to] Can't Post

without the motion capture special effects. I think he's a terrific actor.

And once again the world has not arranged itself just for me.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Jul 12 2014, 6:15pm

Post #3 of 3 (310 views)
Shortcut
While i think the Oscars are pretty much a sham, [In reply to] Can't Post

i think the Acadamy owes Andy Serkis a Special Achievement Academy Award for his unique role in the birth and evolution of that particular form of acting, as i think it's obvious that he will (wrongly) never win a Best Actor Oscar for any of his individual performances.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.