Come on in, it's time for Fiesta!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Meneldor
Valinor

Jul 11 2014, 6:44pm

Post #26 of 35 (525 views)
Shortcut
I have a lot of respect for barn swallows. [In reply to] Can't Post

They have no fear at all. I remember mowing lawns and getting to close to the wrong tree, the one with the nest, and barn swallows would swoop down within inches of my head until I went away. It makes you feel foolish to duck when attacked by a creature that weighs only ounces, but they make their little chirping noises sound ferocious!

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jul 11 2014, 6:58pm

Post #27 of 35 (522 views)
Shortcut
TGI Friday! [In reply to] Can't Post

Happy weekend everybody! I'm so ready for the weekend, it's not even funny!

I've been having some major school-related stress this week. First of all, I'm three weeks into a new Early Childhood education course and, due to a bunch of complications with ordering, I was only able to get my ridiculously expensive textbook delivered this past Tuesday. That means I've had a whole bunch of reading and three quizzes to catch up on along with the other assignments that are due by this coming Monday evening.

Then, the website where I have to complete my algebra assignments has suddenly decided to be glitchy and give me trouble with logging in for the past three days. (I contacted the tech people so they're working on it) I've managed to keep up with things in spite of it all, but if it weren't for the glitches, I would have had all my algebra for the week done yesterday, whereas now, I've still got some exercises and a quiz left. I'm not happy.Mad

Anyway, now that I have my textbook, things should get back on track after Monday. I just look forward to getting to relax a little tomorrow.

"Love woke me up this morning
With a memory
Love came and whispered a story
That awakened a dream,

I am a dreamer, take me higher
Open the sky up, start a fire
I believe even if it's just a dream"
~"Dreamer" by Bethany Dillon

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jul 11 2014, 7:05pm

Post #28 of 35 (518 views)
Shortcut
Fun! [In reply to] Can't Post

Outdoor concerts and fireworks and temperatures in the 80's sounds lovely.Heart Have fun Kim!Smile

"Love woke me up this morning
With a memory
Love came and whispered a story
That awakened a dream,

I am a dreamer, take me higher
Open the sky up, start a fire
I believe even if it's just a dream"
~"Dreamer" by Bethany Dillon

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 11 2014, 8:40pm

Post #29 of 35 (518 views)
Shortcut
*Paddles kayak in* [In reply to] Can't Post

Fourth straight day of gale-force winds and horizontal rain. Didn't there used to be a yellow face in the sky?

We're much, much better off than many, though. At its peak, 30,000 households were without electricity - ours stayed on. And we're on high enough ground not to be flooded. But I'm looking forward to making acquaintance with the sun again - and to a good night's sleep!

I'll just help myself to espresso, with a follow-up of espresso.

The Passing of Mistress Rose
My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Jul 11 2014, 8:44pm

Post #30 of 35 (516 views)
Shortcut
Girl Scout Day Camp for me too! [In reply to] Can't Post

Week one down, one more to go. I'm floating this year because I need to keep my week open in case I get called in to work. I've been to each unit doing something or other. My favorite is teaching the little ones campfire safety and other camp skills. We made an awesome Stone Soup in Unit One this year!

Right now I've got my feet up because I spent first hour of camp hiding camp mascots to be found by campers. We hide them all over the woods... which means I walked all over the woods. It's a beautiful camp though and the weather had been nice. (knock wood)

Tonight my Girl Scout Troop marches in the local parade. We have it every year and the scouts make a pretty good showing. It's a nice tradition in this small town. We'll march from the high school through town to the local Volunteer Fire Department grounds where there is a small fair (not nearly as big as the fireman's picnic I remember from back home) and fireworks.

Last year I made Solar S'mores in a solar oven that I pulled along the parade route. The chocolate melted but the marshmallows needed more time. I guess I'll have to look for a longer parade route to make that work. Cool

This weekend? I write! I'm 2 days behind my Camp NaNoWriMo goal if I want to finish in time to submit before we leave on vacation.

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 11 2014, 10:13pm

Post #31 of 35 (515 views)
Shortcut
A friend in Silverdale brought her chooks inside. [In reply to] Can't Post

They learned from the previous storm, when the hen-house landed in the driveway. Unimpressed I'm glad to hear you still have power!

We're on the edge of it here. I strongly doubt the forecast gales will arrive but we do have steady (undramatic) rain.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 11 2014, 10:31pm

Post #32 of 35 (512 views)
Shortcut
We moved the sheep [In reply to] Can't Post

to a more sheltered paddock. They're not coming inside, though.:)

I fully expected to lose power - we've been lucky. We had wind-up torch and extra water at hand, and have kept the fire going.

I think the worst of it is heading east (poor Coromandel-ites), so hopefully you'll be spared it!

The Passing of Mistress Rose
My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

cats16
Half-elven

Jul 12 2014, 1:06am

Post #33 of 35 (509 views)
Shortcut
Happy weekend! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sinking into my routine here starting next week. I swear, there is always a picturesque vista here somewhere on the horizon. Still chilly, though!

Have a good weekend, everyone!

sherlock
Gondor

Jul 12 2014, 12:05pm

Post #34 of 35 (509 views)
Shortcut
Hi all [In reply to] Can't Post

Going to the pool today and a play tomorrow. Then Monday I take my mom & dad to see an attorney to be sure their affairs are in order.

Cheers & happy weekend all!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 14 2014, 12:14am

Post #35 of 35 (494 views)
Shortcut
Road Trips are great no matter when they happen :) [In reply to] Can't Post

No Worries, Arandiel! YOU ROCK!

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.