The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Offensive comment

Loresilme
Valinor

Jul 11 2014, 3:02pm

Post #1 of 10 (1911 views)
Shortcut
     Offensive comment  

I find this comment extremely sexist and a personal insult to Philippa Boyens. Would appreciate an Admin review and decision, please:

(This post was edited by Eledhwen on Jul 11 2014, 8:29pm)

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Jul 11 2014, 6:53pm

Post #2 of 10 (1823 views)
Shortcut
     It is a typical comment [In reply to]  

by that particular user.Most of his posts concern direct or indirect insults towards Boyens(mainly) and Jackson.

"Obsession and narrow-mindness is the trend of the 2000's and synonyms to many Tolkien fanatics"

"Tolkien Nazis is the disgusting scourge of the internet"

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 11 2014, 7:03pm

Post #3 of 10 (1805 views)
Shortcut
     Agreed. [In reply to]  

Some signatures by some posters should be checked as well though. In this thread, for example Unsure

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Jul 11 2014, 7:07pm

Post #4 of 10 (1801 views)
Shortcut
     My signature does not offend anyone personally [In reply to]  

Crazy

"Obsession and narrow-mindness is the trend of the 2000's and synonyms to many Tolkien fanatics"

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 11 2014, 7:11pm

Post #5 of 10 (1790 views)
Shortcut
     It must feel as a constant aggravation to some, though. [In reply to]  

Anyway, it is for the mods to decide. And they are okay with it, I guess, since you had it for quite some time.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 11 2014, 7:16pm

Post #6 of 10 (1791 views)
Shortcut
     offending people in general is okay? [In reply to]  

I mean, I notice you aren't saying it's not 'offensive'.

Only that since it's not aimed at any one person in particular it's okay to offend?

Or something?

Why do I try to work out the reasoning of internet behavior?

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Jul 11 2014, 8:08pm

Post #7 of 10 (1782 views)
Shortcut
     Haven't you offended anyone in your long life? [In reply to]  

Btw,some people,or a group of people deserve to be offended .And no matter what you say, i will never change my opinion about that particular group of people i refer to in my signature.SorryWink

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Jul 11 2014, 8:13pm

Post #8 of 10 (1778 views)
Shortcut
     Please,have the courtesy to respond [In reply to]  

directly to me and not with that way: "some signatures by some posters",especially when an attempt to reprimand me(i count 5 times in the last 3 months so far and i haven't replied to you) is more than obvious.

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 11 2014, 8:21pm

Post #9 of 10 (1773 views)
Shortcut
     This would be exactly what you do with your signature. Just not as offensive. [In reply to]  

But I did not respond to you directly because I do not want to discuss it with you.

I simply want the mods to look into it.

That's what this sub-board is for. Not personal back-and-forths.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Jul 11 2014, 8:28pm)

Eledhwen
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 11 2014, 8:29pm

Post #10 of 10 (1785 views)
Shortcut
     We are reviewing both the issues raised in this thread [In reply to]  

Which I am now locking. We will take any action we deem appropriate and will let those concerned know.

Storm clouds

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.