The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
3 Spoiler(?)s From Hobbit : The Battle of the Five Armies

erdildeniz
Rivendell

Jul 11 2014, 12:33am

Post #1 of 17 (2575 views)
Shortcut
3 Spoiler(?)s From Hobbit : The Battle of the Five Armies Can't Post

1) You know Galadriel wore a blue dress in the turning scene of AUJ. So maybe this dress will be her dress in the attack of Dol Guldur?? What do you think about it ?

2) In this scene(it's from 2nd production blog) wee see a miniature of Dol Guldur. And there's a figure in it. First i thought he was Gandalf. And set was about DoS. But when we carefully look at it, really looks like Saruman. Some people doesn't think The White Council save Gandalf, they say maybe Legolas or Beorn. But I'm sure The White Council will save him. And Christopher Lee mentioned in his last Christmas Message 'There's a lot of me in it.' So surely Saruman and Galadriel will save Gandalf and they will fight in Dol Guldur. I myself expect some drowýng sword scenes by Saruman. And maybe that set miniature is for that, ha?

3) In this photo( it's from production video 2) we see Dol Guldur stairs. And there are red signs on it. Why is that? We see it clearly on DoS. I think, these red signs are for bombs or CGI effects. But i'm really expecting to see Galadriel and Saruman laying waste to the fortress of Dol Guldur. So maybe these red signs are the places that breaking of the walls, ha?

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Jul 11 2014, 12:50am)

Joe20
Lorien

Jul 11 2014, 12:51am

Post #2 of 17 (1534 views)
Shortcut
The red dots are used for motion tracking. [In reply to] Can't Post

They are simply are means for the digital artists to have a stable point to work from. For example when they place digital extensions behind the set, they will match up with everything. It doesn't necessarily mean that there will be 'bombs' going off there.

But yes, I do think we'll get a White Council Saves Gandalf in the nick of time scene.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 11 2014, 12:51am

Post #3 of 17 (1566 views)
Shortcut
Sorry eldeldeniz, [In reply to] Can't Post

I had to remove two of your images as they are oversized. Please have a look at my response to your post on the Feedback board to see the image posting guidelines, which include the maximum image sizes allowed.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jul 11 2014, 1:08am

Post #4 of 17 (1557 views)
Shortcut
Galadriel's dress, etc. [In reply to] Can't Post

1) You know Galadriel wore a blue dress in the turning scene of AUJ. So maybe this dress will be her dress in the attack of Dol Guldur?? What do you think about it ?

Although Galadriel's dress in the vlog looks grey and the one in the movie looks blue, I think they're the same dress. Reason being, the whole "turning scene" had a blue filter put on it, either digitally or with a blue lens on the camera making everything look blue. Grey is a dull and neutral color so the color filter will naturally make it look as though it is blue because it's not bright enough to show through.

Note this screencap. Even Gandalf's skin has a blueish hue to it and we know that this is not his natural skin color. (Unless of course he's lacking oxygen or something.Wink) I also noticed in one of the other vlogs that the true color of Elrond's outfit in that scene is almost purple, but the blue filter makes it look like a deep indigo instead.

Also, I don't think that Galadriel would wear something with that long of a train into battle. It's simply not practical as it could get caught on things or stepped on, putting her in danger.

2) In this scene(it's from 2nd production blog) wee see a miniature of Dol Guldur. And there's a figure in it. First i thought he was Gandalf. And set was about DoS. But when we carefully look at it, really looks like Saruman. Some people doesn't think The White Council save Gandalf, they say maybe Legolas or Beorn. But I'm sure The White Council will save him. And Christopher Lee mentioned in his last Christmas Message 'There's a lot of me in it.' So surely Saruman and Galadriel will save Gandalf and they will fight in Dol Guldur. I myself expect some drowýng sword scenes by Saruman. And maybe that set miniature is for that, ha?

That's a good observation! Given the location of the figure; kind of up on top of some structure, overlooking everything, I agree that that could be Saruman. Cool!Cool

3) In this photo( it's from production video 2) we see Dol Guldur stairs. And there are red signs on it. Why is that? We see it clearly on DoS. I think, these red signs are for bombs or CGI effects. But i'm really expecting to see Galadriel and Saruman laying waste to the fortress of Dol Guldur. So maybe these red signs are the places that breaking of the walls, ha?

I'm not so sure about the red dots being intended to mark where the walls get broken. You'll note on a lot of the other vlogs that whenever they are filming on a set that will have things digitally added later, there are always red dots all over certain objects. One place I've noticed them is on the steps leading up to Thranduil's throne when the vlog has featured unfinished scenes from his halls, like the orc interrogation scene. I believe that they are simply markers put in place that help the computers "see" or locate certain objects when they are working on a scene that will have a digital background.

Welcome to the boards, btw!Smile

"Love woke me up this morning
With a memory
Love came and whispered a story
That awakened a dream,

I am a dreamer, take me higher
Open the sky up, start a fire
I believe even if it's just a dream"
~"Dreamer" by Bethany Dillon

erdildeniz
Rivendell

Jul 11 2014, 1:09am

Post #5 of 17 (1577 views)
Shortcut
cannot edit the post so added the photos with a new post [In reply to] Can't Post

2)

3)

(This post was edited by erdildeniz on Jul 11 2014, 1:15am)

Loresilme
Valinor

Jul 11 2014, 1:48am

Post #6 of 17 (1477 views)
Shortcut
Oh there's a thought [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Also, I don't think that Galadriel would wear something with that long of a train into battle. It's simply not practical as it could get caught on things or stepped on, putting her in danger.

I agree! Perhaps she'll even wear some type of armor. Or at least just something other than the long flowing things we've seen her in up until now. That would be really interesting, I'm looking forward to that.

deskp
Lorien

Jul 11 2014, 1:50am

Post #7 of 17 (1565 views)
Shortcut
THIS dress. [In reply to] Can't Post

This is the dress Galadriel will wear to Dol Guldur:

https://static.squarespace.com/static/51b3dc8ee4b051b96ceb10de/51ce6099e4b0d911b4489b79/51ce61f7e4b0d911b44a7bd9/1351556985052/1000w/galadriel_1280.jpeg

why do I know that you ask? well it's waht she wears in the Elrond+Galadriel VS witch king lego set,

AND it's an outfit for her we havent seen in the movie, yet it got a publicity still.

Also Lego wouldn't make a figure based on an unused outfits. (unless there was last minute changes to the movie and lego couldnt keep up)

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Jul 11 2014, 5:44am

Post #8 of 17 (1435 views)
Shortcut
Lego set [In reply to] Can't Post

Do you have a link to the Lego set? I remember reading about it, but I don't think there were any pictures available at the time.

Guert
Rivendell

Jul 11 2014, 2:05pm

Post #9 of 17 (1240 views)
Shortcut
Yes !! Link please !! [In reply to] Can't Post

Anything related to the White Council battling in Dol Guldur, and the Witchking being my favorite villain in this universe, I would like to see that !!

I can't believe I missed that !

dubulous
Rohan

Jul 11 2014, 5:17pm

Post #10 of 17 (1183 views)
Shortcut
That makes sense [In reply to] Can't Post

It's an outfit she obviously uses since there's a publicity photo and I doubt we'll see her anywhere else really, so that must be it. I guess it counts as practical compared to the previous outfit.

I'd love to see a picture of the Lego set too if there is a photo somewhere available.

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Jul 11 2014, 6:04pm

Post #11 of 17 (1168 views)
Shortcut
That doesn't look very suitable for war, either.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jul 11 2014, 7:16pm

Post #12 of 17 (1153 views)
Shortcut
Maybe... [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree, it doesn't look suitable for actual fighting. But if Galadriel mainly fights with magic, maybe it could work then? Still, I'd like to see something more like what she had on when she "went nuclear" in FOTR. At least that had armor.Unsure

Of course, it's possible that this dress isn't for Dol Guldur at all. It could just be what she's wearing when she gets the message that Gandalf is in trouble or something.

"Love woke me up this morning
With a memory
Love came and whispered a story
That awakened a dream,

I am a dreamer, take me higher
Open the sky up, start a fire
I believe even if it's just a dream"
~"Dreamer" by Bethany Dillon

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Jul 11 2014, 8:21pm

Post #13 of 17 (1147 views)
Shortcut
I'm still not convinced she will be involved in the fighting... [In reply to] Can't Post

...much as everyone seems to want to see Cate kitted out in armour - remember her quote in the EMPIRE interview back in the Fall of 2012?

Empire: [In reference to the Appendices] There's some description of her in almost warrior terms in her early years. Will we see you in battle?

Blanchett: In battle? No, not exactly. This is where the extraordinary chaos of our times is reflected in the scenes with Galadriel and Gandalf. their world is beginning to fracture and it's something the White Council doesn't want to hear - it's a bit like climate change, really. They don't want to know that world is in disorder aand that there's this evil that's been let loose and gone unchecked. I think they can feel a great war approaching and the Council is beginning to splinter in working out how to stop it. It's all about the responsibility of those in power to act.

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Jul 11 2014, 9:17pm

Post #14 of 17 (1132 views)
Shortcut
I am also doubtful that we will see Galadriel actively fight [In reply to] Can't Post

Beyond the quote you cite, it just doesn't seem to be consistent with the character as they have presented her.

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

The Hall of Fire

tarasaurus
Rohan

Jul 12 2014, 1:27pm

Post #15 of 17 (1054 views)
Shortcut
Toys R Us [In reply to] Can't Post

Toys R Us website should have a spot for the Dol Goldur set. Beorn is a lego that comes with it, I saw it in person :D

(This post was edited by tarasaurus on Jul 12 2014, 1:27pm)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jul 12 2014, 8:19pm

Post #16 of 17 (1032 views)
Shortcut
Lego Dol Guldur sets. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Toys R Us website should have a spot for the Dol Goldur set. Beorn is a lego that comes with it, I saw it in person :D

There are two Lego The Hobbit: Dol Guldur playsets:
- LEGO The Hobbit Dol Guldur Ambush 79011 (Beorn and 2 Gundabad Orcs)
- LEGO The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 79014: Dol Guldur Battle (2 Gundabad Orcs, The Necromancer, Azog, Radagast, Gandalf)

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jul 12 2014, 8:49pm

Post #17 of 17 (1034 views)
Shortcut
Incorrect product name. [In reply to] Can't Post

Amazon.com screwed up the name of the Dol Guldur Battle set (twice, since it is also listed as a LotR set). It should be: LEGO The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 79014: Dol Guldur Battle.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.