The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
"The Hollow Crown" cycle 2

Kelly of Water's Edge
Rohan

Jul 7 2014, 12:29am

Post #1 of 3 (194 views)
Shortcut
"The Hollow Crown" cycle 2 Can't Post

People following the Richard III threads may be interested to know that according to Wikipedia, The Hollow Crown will be continuing in 2016 with the three Henry VI plays and Richard III. So far, Benedict Cumberbatch has been confirmed as Richard III, Sophie Okonedo as Margaret of Anjou and the legendary Judi Dench as the York Matriarch Cecily Neville, Duchess of York! No word yet on who will play Henry or any of the other major characters. The first four plays (currently reairing here in the U.S. on PBS) were quite good, although they naturally had to face the shadow of Derek Jacobi's Richard II and both Laurence Olivier and Kenneth Branagh's Henry V (along with several highly regarded Falstaffs available on film) - just as cycle two will have to face the shadow of Peggy Ashcroft's Margaret and both Laurence Olivier and Ian McKellen's Richard III. I'll look forward to cycle 2, although we're probably talking about fall of 2017 when it airs in the U.S. I thought of attaching this to the latest Richard III thread but thought others might feel it deserves a thread of it's own.

Old Toby
Grey Havens

Jul 7 2014, 5:28am

Post #2 of 3 (123 views)
Shortcut
I really enjoy the Hollow Crown series [In reply to] Can't Post

At the very least, these are available in the US! I really liked Tom Hiddleston in the first series, and am SO looking forward to Benedict playing Richard III in the second series.

You mean I have to wait till 2017? sigh.

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Kelly of Water's Edge
Rohan

Jul 7 2014, 10:20am

Post #3 of 3 (129 views)
Shortcut
I'm not sure about [In reply to] Can't Post

home media if you want to blind buy and it comes out for Region 1 before the U.S. TV airing - and it very well may, but as far as TV we got cycle 1 on PBS a year after it aired in Britain so yes, we can project it showing up on Great Performances around fall of 2017 on the basis of the pattern for cycle 1. At this point, they're still locking in the cast.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.