The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of The Rings:
Title Contest

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jul 6 2014, 4:39pm

Post #1 of 19 (1269 views)
Shortcut
Title Contest Can't Post

The rules are simple: I'll give you a screencap and you'll give it a title.

“Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” - Henry David Thoreau

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jul 6 2014, 4:40pm

Post #2 of 19 (1018 views)
Shortcut
Allow me to go first ----- The Ring Sets Out // [In reply to] Can't Post

sador
Half-elven

Jul 6 2014, 6:22pm

Post #3 of 19 (1039 views)
Shortcut
The Ring goes North. [In reply to] Can't Post

Isn't that the wrong direction?

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 6 2014, 6:47pm

Post #4 of 19 (1018 views)
Shortcut
"Home left Behind" [In reply to] Can't Post

God , the music directly after this shot is beautiful and to me the essence of the brilliance that is FotR.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jul 6 2014, 10:54pm

Post #5 of 19 (991 views)
Shortcut
Heigh-Ho, Heigh-Ho, it's off to work we go.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Lossefalme
Gondor

Jul 7 2014, 12:31am

Post #6 of 19 (982 views)
Shortcut
The Road goes ever on and on, and I must follow if I can.// [In reply to] Can't Post

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Aragorn threw back his cloak. The elven-sheath glittered as he grasped it, and the bright blade of Andúril shone like a sudden flame as he swept it out. “Elendil!” he cried. “I am Aragorn son of Arathorn, and am called Elessar, the Elfstone, Dúnadan, the heir of Isildur Elendil’s son of Gondor. Here is the Sword that was Broken and is forged again! Will you aid me or thwart me? Choose swiftly!” TTT, Book III, Chapter 2
And Éomer answered: “Since the day when you rose before me out of the green grass of the downs I have loved you, and that love shall not fail.” RotK, Book VI, Chapter 5

Meneldor
Valinor

Jul 7 2014, 2:28am

Post #7 of 19 (981 views)
Shortcut
See the dragon in the clouds? // [In reply to] Can't Post

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Jul 7 2014, 3:51am

Post #8 of 19 (981 views)
Shortcut
"Ah, you ride the horse." "No YOU ride the horse!" "Naw, let's walk." // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
-Albert Einstein

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Jul 7 2014, 7:38am

Post #9 of 19 (973 views)
Shortcut
The Dawn of Adventure (Too obvious?? ) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Only when we stop stopping our lives can we begin to start starting them. - Prof. Whitman, Community

tiamy
Rivendell

Jul 7 2014, 1:34pm

Post #10 of 19 (963 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf Did Turn Samwise Into Something Unnatural -- A Horse... not!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

Jul 7 2014, 1:58pm

Post #11 of 19 (963 views)
Shortcut
"Morning Skyline With Tater Eaters" / [In reply to] Can't Post

"We’ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true."
-Robert Wilensky

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jul 7 2014, 4:55pm

Post #12 of 19 (1008 views)
Shortcut
Attention everybody! [In reply to] Can't Post

First of all, many thanks to all who've submitted their entries so far. Keep them coming! Feel free to post more than once/one title.

Now, DanielLB came up with a great idea that would really turn Title Contest into, well, a contest. He suggested we'd spice things up a bit by adding a little motivator: whoever comes up with the best title, can choose the next screencap that will be featured in the contest! As I got the ball rolling and posted the first screencap, I'll be the one who picks the first winner, who I'll announce on Friday. He/she will then post the next image in need of a title on Sunday and will pick the winner from the pool of suggestions again on Friday. And so on. If the winner declines, forgets or is unable to post a screencap of his or her choosing, I'll step in as a substitute.

If you have any questions or further ideas, don't hesitate to reply to this post or send me a PM.

BF

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Jul 8 2014, 5:45pm

Post #13 of 19 (943 views)
Shortcut
"SAM, DON'T MAKE ME COME BACK THERE!"// [In reply to] Can't Post

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."-Gandalf

(This post was edited by Radagast-Aiwendil on Jul 8 2014, 5:45pm)

Darkstone
Immortal

Jul 8 2014, 6:53pm

Post #14 of 19 (934 views)
Shortcut
Wheatfield with Stormcrow / [In reply to] Can't Post

"We’ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true."
-Robert Wilensky

Lossefalme
Gondor

Jul 9 2014, 12:34am

Post #15 of 19 (918 views)
Shortcut
*snert* My thoughts EXACTLY! // [In reply to] Can't Post

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Aragorn threw back his cloak. The elven-sheath glittered as he grasped it, and the bright blade of Andúril shone like a sudden flame as he swept it out. “Elendil!” he cried. “I am Aragorn son of Arathorn, and am called Elessar, the Elfstone, Dúnadan, the heir of Isildur Elendil’s son of Gondor. Here is the Sword that was Broken and is forged again! Will you aid me or thwart me? Choose swiftly!” TTT, Book III, Chapter 2
And Éomer answered: “Since the day when you rose before me out of the green grass of the downs I have loved you, and that love shall not fail.” RotK, Book VI, Chapter 5

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Jul 9 2014, 2:38am

Post #16 of 19 (916 views)
Shortcut
Let's go-- NO!! Not that way Samwise!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Call me Rem, and remember, not all who ramble are lost...Uh...where was I?

Oscarilbo
Lorien

Jul 10 2014, 8:38pm

Post #17 of 19 (896 views)
Shortcut
"LOL!.. oh... wait... OH I JUST THOUGHT GANDALF HAD TURNED SAM INTO A HORSE" [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember hearing that when I saw the movie in theater back in 2001

"The World is Changed, I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air"

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jul 11 2014, 10:35am

Post #18 of 19 (938 views)
Shortcut
And the winner of the first Title Contest is... [In reply to] Can't Post

*drumroll*

... Arannir! It was "Home Left Behind" that brought him the victory. Congratulations!

Many thanks to all the participants!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 20 2014, 11:52am

Post #19 of 19 (887 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit becomes spare when Wizard's horse suffers flat. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Frodo become the spare right leg when Gandalf's horse suffers a flat.

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.