The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The third movie is growng like a really serious, serious thing

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jul 4 2014, 8:43pm

Post #1 of 6 (2035 views)
Shortcut
The third movie is growng like a really serious, serious thing Can't Post

PJ´s last message gave me the sense that he prefers to focus in doing somehitng relly special for the las one (for the moment) it is as Gandalf preparing a very powerfull spell theat requires secrecy, time, and focusing on his craft,,,in fact I have the feeling that for this last one PJ is trying really really seriously to put his craft a step or two further to make the best movie he can

I wish him all the luck he can muster;-)

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

FiliSonOfDis
Rivendell

Jul 4 2014, 9:08pm

Post #2 of 6 (1270 views)
Shortcut
agreed [In reply to] Can't Post

Thats the tone I got from what PJ said, and it makes perfect sense... this is probably the last time we will see PJ's middle earth and so I assume he's going to go all out and do his absolute best.

There's also the fact that initially these were 2 movies and I feel like the stuff many people were not too happy about with how things were handled with AUJ and DOS were things that came about trying to turn those into two separate movies in stead of one. adding filler and "exciting" endings and plot points in the movie that felt somewhat off. This sort of thing was added to make the films feel complete... the dwarves confronting smaug for instance in DOS was certainly to make the "ending" of the movie action packed and intense...films need these "beats" or they can feel unsatisfying...at least thats the theory for the average movie goer.

Anyway I feel like with this next movie all that is behind us and this third film will be what the original movie #2 was meant to be; A more serious tone that will transition into LOTR and will be exactly how PJ wanted it to begin with and he won't have to "create" plots and drama and action to make it feel like a complete film on it's own. this is probably why he needed to separate all the beginning build up into two films so he has the room to make this third one the way he wants to. this last film has the material to feel much more like an epic fantasy war movie in lines with LOTR so I feel like that's what we will get and it will be very very good.

(This post was edited by FiliSonOfDis on Jul 4 2014, 9:10pm)

J Pierpont Flathead
Rivendell

Jul 4 2014, 9:38pm

Post #3 of 6 (1173 views)
Shortcut
Last Message [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't understand. Which last message? The most recent I am aware of was where Jackson posted about a completely unrelated book on his Facebook page. And only when begged by wildly off-topic replies to that post did he actually post something about the trailer. He otherwise would have left no message about The Hobbit. His message about The Hobbit trailer releases was generally no different than usual. So where does this sense of imperative come from within his words, specifically? Anything "a step or two further" might just mean more bathroom humor along with more CGI. At this point, "the movie he wants to see" is not the movie at least some of us want to see, though I hope for the best of course.

Now his life is full of wonder
But his heart still knows some fear
Of a simple thing he cannot comprehend
Why they try to tear the mountains down
To bring in a couple more
More people, more scars upon the land

(This post was edited by J Pierpont Flathead on Jul 4 2014, 9:39pm)

Intergalactic Lawman
Rohan

Jul 4 2014, 10:21pm

Post #4 of 6 (1072 views)
Shortcut
This! [In reply to] Can't Post

These films have been a big waste of time...

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 5 2014, 12:33am

Post #5 of 6 (1014 views)
Shortcut
What in the last message made you think thaz way? [In reply to] Can't Post

Just curious as I cannot really find anything in there that refers to the content (other than the VFX work but that was clear from the start).

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

KeenObserver
Lorien

Jul 6 2014, 7:12am

Post #6 of 6 (661 views)
Shortcut
*Nods* // [In reply to] Can't Post

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.