Peter Jackson Update on Trailer...
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Jul 4 2014, 9:52am

Post #26 of 47 (858 views)
Shortcut
Ooopps [In reply to] Can't Post

You've got to admit, that sentence is easily misinterpreted.

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 4 2014, 11:09am

Post #27 of 47 (910 views)
Shortcut
I wonder what teaser... [In reply to] Can't Post

... was dubbed earlier this week when the "four phrases" were reported if PJ finished working on it just yesterday and did not hand it over to WB before that. Any other distributor would certainly get it from the studio.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 4 2014, 11:15am

Post #28 of 47 (859 views)
Shortcut
We are IN? for the Ride of OUR Lifetime... [In reply to] Can't Post

Do any of you
Feel he intendzz
to disappoint
Any of us...

Worldwide?

After all these YEARS
bomby doesn't think
SOooo

SOooo think
about this?

"No!" said Thorin.
"There is more of good in you than you know,
Some courage and some wisdom,
blended in measure.

If more of us
valued food & song
above hoarded gold,

it would be a merrier world.

BUT sad or merry, I must leave it
now.
Farewell.."

May it be?.. the
MOST Iconic or EPIC?
line of
Dialogue
Delivered
by our very own RA!

in... Cinema History..

Littl' old bomby
Thinks
SOooo...

Heart

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 4 2014, 11:23am

Post #29 of 47 (841 views)
Shortcut
Though after all we know... [In reply to] Can't Post

... that line was changed for the movie to "home" instead of food and song Wink

Still, I really think that end dynamic will play out great on the screen with all these actors assembled...

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Name
Rohan

Jul 4 2014, 12:54pm

Post #30 of 47 (823 views)
Shortcut
That is a question for me too [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe when Jackson said "he" was finished with the trailer he meant his people as a whole. But still, I never thought dubbing was something Jackson's people were involved with.

It could be that the "4 phrase" spy got it wrong. Really wrong. But that seems unlikely to me.

How many Tolkien fans does it take to change a light bulb?

"Change? Oh my god, what do you mean change?! Never, never, never......"

aifeme
Rivendell

Jul 4 2014, 3:23pm

Post #31 of 47 (773 views)
Shortcut
I'm okay with that, as long as we'll get to see at least some shots of battle or just marching armies [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm a fan of movie battles so please...just a glimpse...

TORn lurker since 2002:]

TheHutt
Gondor

Jul 4 2014, 6:49pm

Post #32 of 47 (729 views)
Shortcut
Nah... [In reply to] Can't Post

...well, they usually start with the foreign language dubbing once they know what lines are used. If anything gets changed in the last minute, then it changes in the dubbing as well.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Booklet Project

nobofthepony
Lorien

Jul 4 2014, 10:08pm

Post #33 of 47 (671 views)
Shortcut
Doesn't he mean UNLIKE the previous two years? We got a real trailer both summers. // [In reply to] Can't Post

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Jul 4 2014, 11:25pm

Post #34 of 47 (672 views)
Shortcut
No he doesn't [In reply to] Can't Post

In the last two summers we got teaser trailers just like we will get one this year.

nobofthepony
Lorien

Jul 4 2014, 11:29pm

Post #35 of 47 (680 views)
Shortcut
If those trailers were "teasers" then everything sounds good...we should be seeing quite a bit // [In reply to] Can't Post

patrickk
Rohan

Jul 7 2014, 7:41am

Post #36 of 47 (479 views)
Shortcut
I think you mean... [In reply to] Can't Post

teaser in winter, main trailer in Spring and (movie in Summer); as that is how I see it at least.

patrickk
Rohan

Jul 7 2014, 7:43am

Post #37 of 47 (493 views)
Shortcut
...actually WE got the movies in summer (trailers in Winter/Spring)!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Silmaril
Rohan

Jul 7 2014, 8:42am

Post #38 of 47 (478 views)
Shortcut
I would call them Trailers too, but obviously they are called Teaser... [In reply to] Can't Post

I just watched the Teaser and the Trailer for DOS...What's the difference?

Silmaril
Rohan

Jul 7 2014, 8:43am

Post #39 of 47 (478 views)
Shortcut
Movies in summer? What are you talking about? [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by Silmaril on Jul 7 2014, 8:44am)

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jul 7 2014, 8:56am

Post #40 of 47 (465 views)
Shortcut
He means summer in the Southern Hemisphere. // [In reply to] Can't Post

“Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” - Henry David Thoreau

Silmaril
Rohan

Jul 7 2014, 9:04am

Post #41 of 47 (476 views)
Shortcut
Ah...ok. Thank you :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jul 7 2014, 5:13pm

Post #42 of 47 (465 views)
Shortcut
Teasers [In reply to] Can't Post

Teaser trailers tend to be exceptionally short and, because they are made and released so early, might not have any scenes from the actual film at all.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

patrickk
Rohan

Jul 7 2014, 9:21pm

Post #43 of 47 (444 views)
Shortcut
December happens to be summer... [In reply to] Can't Post

....in the bottom half of the world, which is why referring to months rather than seasons is preferable. Note ony 25% of the Hobbit audience is in the US which uses seasons terminology.

Silmaril
Rohan

Jul 8 2014, 6:26am

Post #44 of 47 (440 views)
Shortcut
But when i look at the DOS Teaser... [In reply to] Can't Post

It's about 2 minutes long and nearly all scenes are in the movie...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idp6wjqG674

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 8 2014, 8:25am

Post #45 of 47 (444 views)
Shortcut
When you read PJ's message again... [In reply to] Can't Post

... you will see that he says "...but like the previous two years..." when it comes to releasing a full trailer.

For him, there does not seem to be a big difference between last and this year, so I doubt we will suddenly just get one of those really short and ambigious teasers.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jul 8 2014, 11:34am

Post #46 of 47 (414 views)
Shortcut
Yes. Jackson's teasers have been longer. [In reply to] Can't Post

They still have a lot of unfinished footage. At least they do have footage.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 8 2014, 11:39am

Post #47 of 47 (435 views)
Shortcut
Yeah. [In reply to] Can't Post

As I wrote before, I think he will have also learnt from the backlash the first look at Smaug and the Barrel-sequences caused.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.