The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Sherlock Season 4!

Old Toby
Grey Havens

Jul 3 2014, 3:51am

Post #1 of 8 (281 views)
Shortcut
Sherlock Season 4! Can't Post

At last! Confirmation of BBC's Sherlock Season Four getting off the ground next year! They will be filming a 'Special" of some sort early in 2015, then segue into filming the next three episodes for Season 4.

Can hardly wait!

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Eruwestial37
Rohan

Jul 3 2014, 7:05am

Post #2 of 8 (197 views)
Shortcut
YIPPEEEE!// [In reply to] Can't Post

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 3 2014, 12:45pm

Post #3 of 8 (183 views)
Shortcut
*swooooon, kerplunk* // [In reply to] Can't Post

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jul 3 2014, 3:15pm

Post #4 of 8 (188 views)
Shortcut
Looking forward to it! [In reply to] Can't Post

I imagine we may not see season 4 though till 2016 at the earliest with them filming later next year for season 4 and filming the special first. Still, that's about on par for this series with it being 2 years between.

Ben and Martin not to mention Amanda are very busy right now. I'm just thrilled they could fit it all in and get it on the schedule.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Jul 4 2014, 3:19am

Post #5 of 8 (168 views)
Shortcut
I bet you [In reply to] Can't Post

could hear my *squeeeeeing* all the way across the ocean...pond, ditch...thing...

Such good news, except for the fact that we have to wait til late 2015. I guess that gives (some of) us something to look forward to after all the excitement of The Hobbit has worn off. It would be sad having a December rolling around with nothing to look forward to!

I really am hopelessly Sherlocked now...I think I'm wearing out my DVDs.

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Jul 4 2014, 7:35pm

Post #6 of 8 (158 views)
Shortcut
That rocks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sedimentary, my dear Watson... Tongue
Definitely looking forward to that! How much madder can it get?!*

Old Toby
Grey Havens

Jul 5 2014, 3:02am

Post #7 of 8 (168 views)
Shortcut
A few tidbits from Moffat and Gatiss....as if they need to make the wait even more excruciating! [In reply to] Can't Post

Speaking about the return of the series, co-creator, writer and executive producer Steven Moffat said: "A special, plus a new series of three episodes - it's a record-breaking run!! Of course, it's far too early to say what's coming, but we're reasonably confident that the very next thing to happen to Sherlock and John, is the very last thing you'd expect …."

Co-creator, writer and executive producer Mark Gatiss adds: "Series Four! At last ! It's always special to return to 'Sherlock' but this time it's even more special as we're doing…a Special! Not only THAT, we'll then be shooting three more episodes which will take Sherlock and John Watson into deeper and darker water than ever before…The whole 'Sherlock' team are terrifically excited to return for four new adventures. The Game is on - again!"

I expect they will have to finish filming Season 4 within the first half of 2015, since Benedict will be playing Hamlet from August through October. From Martin Freeman's interview, he suggested....suggested, mind you...that the special show might air during Christmas 2015. Which means Sherlock Season 4 wouldn't air until the beginning of 2016. sigh. I guess it's painful to wait so long between seasons, but I'd rather they take the time to do the exemplary job they always do rather than churn the series out like so many mediocre productions. They're so worth the wait! Meanwhile I'm saving every penny I have in hopes of going to London to see Benedict do Hamlet in person!! It's my dream of a lifetime. I don't know at this point if I'll be able to afford to go, but I can hope! Totally Sherlocked!

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

phij2
Rivendell

Jul 26 2014, 4:42pm

Post #8 of 8 (117 views)
Shortcut
yyyyeeeeeessssss [In reply to] Can't Post

i now have something to look forward to after BOFAHeartHeart

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.