Trailer Release Date!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

MTT Gandalf
Bree

Jul 2 2014, 1:46pm

Post #26 of 49 (1632 views)
Shortcut
Another source! [In reply to] Can't Post

"Eilmeldung: Laut International Business Times kommt der Trailer zum ‪#‎HOBBIT3‬ am 20. Juli... ‪#‎bofa‬ ‪#‎hobbit‬ ‪#‎gespannt‬"

https://www.facebook.com/hdrf.de/posts/10152520233517298

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 2 2014, 1:51pm

Post #27 of 49 (1561 views)
Shortcut
It is exactly what I mentioned before... [In reply to] Can't Post

... it is not another source. This report is based on the reports by TORN.

Look at this travesty of an attemnpt to summarize the "known" facts regarding Bot5A:

http://au.ibtimes.com/...ive.htm#.U7QOyfnueG5

This is neither confirmation nor a reliable source.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Jul 2 2014, 1:54pm)

Name
Rohan

Jul 2 2014, 1:51pm

Post #28 of 49 (1605 views)
Shortcut
Calm down folks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Watch the trailer appear online tomorrow morning Wink

But just because the tweet was deleted doesn't mean it was Warner and they're trying to hide the date. It could just be theonering taking it down because they figured out it was wrong. Either way, nothing is really confirmed yet.

How many Tolkien fans does it take to change a light bulb?

"Change? Oh my god, what do you mean change?! Never, never, never......"

adt100
Rohan

Jul 2 2014, 2:15pm

Post #29 of 49 (1560 views)
Shortcut
So if it does come on the 20th... [In reply to] Can't Post

That would be a lucky guess right? If it comes on the 20, it comes. If it doesn't, it doesn't No harm in a bit of speculation and chatter, it's what keep the forums alive!

adt100
Rohan

Jul 2 2014, 2:19pm

Post #30 of 49 (1559 views)
Shortcut
Very true, but.... [In reply to] Can't Post

It's unlikely they would put a specific date up (knowing it would be seen and lead to feverish excitement on such forums) without out at least a good reason to believe the date. Things are not usually quite so cavalier in attitude. It's also unlikely that having garnered this possible 'inside information' it would so quickly be the case that they 'realised it was wrong'.

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 2 2014, 2:19pm

Post #31 of 49 (1488 views)
Shortcut
This is not about the forums, however. [In reply to] Can't Post

But anyway, I do not want to fight over this... just wanted to state that I did not think it was too wise. No harm done nor taken, I hope.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Name
Rohan

Jul 2 2014, 2:49pm

Post #32 of 49 (1526 views)
Shortcut
Anything is possible [In reply to] Can't Post

Even if Warner did take it down, it could have been because it wasn't a confirmed date, or it wasn't the actual date at all. All I'm saying is when it comes to marketing big-shot movies like this, things change. It may after all come July 20. But since I don't even know TORN's source, I'm going to stay pretty skeptical.

PS TORN- tell us your source.........heck, tell us anything Wink

How many Tolkien fans does it take to change a light bulb?

"Change? Oh my god, what do you mean change?! Never, never, never......"

adt100
Rohan

Jul 2 2014, 3:18pm

Post #33 of 49 (1462 views)
Shortcut
Alas, the nature of social media and the internet these days! [In reply to] Can't Post

tsmith675
Gondor

Jul 2 2014, 3:46pm

Post #34 of 49 (1502 views)
Shortcut
I'm not holding my breath on that one. [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been hearing of TORn's "spies" for nearly two months. And they've all been wrong.

Our destiny lies above us.

Elessar
Valinor

Jul 2 2014, 3:47pm

Post #35 of 49 (1451 views)
Shortcut
Giving the news [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think having to take down a tweet is a sign of us being unprofessional. I would venture to guess WB wanted us to take it down. We were doing what we do in bringing folks news about the films and most likely felt this was a safe bit of news to report. No harm. No foul.

Glassary
Rivendell

Jul 2 2014, 4:19pm

Post #36 of 49 (1418 views)
Shortcut
Not unprofessional [In reply to] Can't Post

Always have seen TORn as a source of news and tidbits, as well as the forums etc.
So if they have information and pass it along, confirmed or unconfirmed, it's all good.
They try to get real deal but sometimes that's just not possible.
Seriously you can't hold TORn responsible if the studio isn't sharing information or
not releasing the trailer just yet.

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 2 2014, 4:26pm

Post #37 of 49 (1422 views)
Shortcut
That is not what I said or wanted to say with the original post. [In reply to] Can't Post

Of course they are not responsible for anything the studio does.

I am sorry if the word "professionality" offended some people. I just wanted to say that with the spreading of wrong information recently, I would have thought it to be "more" professional to wait until there is some source that can also be named.

Nothing more, nothing less. This was no general offence to anyone. At least not intended to be so.

Of course, I am happy that TORN shares news as soon as they get them. But there are some cases where I think it would not hurt to wait - for example, when there is no source that wants to or can be named.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Jul 2 2014, 4:27pm)

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Jul 2 2014, 5:01pm

Post #38 of 49 (1410 views)
Shortcut
Why would a source that is leaking information [In reply to] Can't Post

Want to be named?

I'm all for these rumours, they make things more interesting - especially when there hasn't been much news for a while.

Elessar
Valinor

Jul 2 2014, 5:51pm

Post #39 of 49 (1379 views)
Shortcut
Do you [In reply to] Can't Post

Post on the S&F under the same name?

MTT Gandalf
Bree

Jul 2 2014, 6:29pm

Post #40 of 49 (1421 views)
Shortcut
Dated: June 18, 2014 7:22 PM EST [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, it's old.

Bumblingidiot
Rohan

Jul 3 2014, 12:43am

Post #41 of 49 (1278 views)
Shortcut
I suppose there's no point in me pointing out [In reply to] Can't Post

that it's only a trailer.

"Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear."

silvereyed
The Shire

Jul 3 2014, 1:35am

Post #42 of 49 (1266 views)
Shortcut
*shakes the hobbit marketing team until the trailer falls out* [In reply to] Can't Post

I was the first person to announce the release date for the DOS trailer after I found out just by asking the guide on the Weta Workshop tour. I suspect if I tried the same tactic again it wouldn't work - everyone involved is being so secretive about this trailer and it's beginning to be a bit odd. I'm not sure if it would go to the extent that WB would ask theonering to delete one little tweet that doesn't even mention the trailer, though? It is just a trailer, not a special/secret/limited thing as far as I know haha

I'm not sure who runs theonering twitter but they can feel free to say why the tweet was taken down

Moahunter
Rohan

Jul 3 2014, 4:48am

Post #43 of 49 (1242 views)
Shortcut
"I'm not sure who runs theonering twitter but they can feel free to say why the tweet was taken down".... [In reply to] Can't Post

Might also ask why was it only posted on Twitter but not on this forum, exactly like the previous trailer release date rumour.
Interestingly the tweets are anonymous.

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 3 2014, 5:13am

Post #44 of 49 (1330 views)
Shortcut
Well, the answer to that [In reply to] Can't Post

is fairly simple: whoever does the tweeting doesn't spend much time on the message boards. We have a large staff, and only a small number of them visit the boards regularly. This all-volunteer site is made up of teams of people who work on largely separate areas. Just as I hardly ever visit the chat room or the replies to the front page news stories or the TORN FB page, people who oversee those areas rarely drop in here. We set up "News from Bree" to try to cover some of that gap, so that major news items from the front page post here as well, but most news on the boards usually comes from the members - and as you may have noticed, 9 times out of 10, our members beat NfB in posting here.

So tweeting isn't going to have an automatic overlap with other areas of the site. My guess is that our tweeter heard a rumor which had enough likelihood to repeat, but is not official. If we get official confirmation of the date, we'll probably get a front page article, and therefore a NfB post (after someone else has already posted it, of course! Tongue)

Silverlode

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dűm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

Silmaril
Rohan

Jul 3 2014, 6:38am

Post #45 of 49 (1198 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for your answer! [In reply to] Can't Post

I wondered about this "Twitter Only" thing too.

Silmaril
Rohan

Jul 3 2014, 7:31am

Post #46 of 49 (1182 views)
Shortcut
OK, but why was it deleted later? [In reply to] Can't Post

"My guess is that our tweeter heard a rumor which had enough likelihood to repeat, but is not official."

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 3 2014, 8:15am

Post #47 of 49 (1174 views)
Shortcut
Well, that would be [In reply to] Can't Post

mere guesswork on my part, as was the sentence you quoted.

The obvious reasons would be: if the information was wrong or still subject to change, if the source asked that it be removed, or PJ or WB legal asked that it be removed. Those are usually the reasons that things get taken down. Which of those it was, if any, I don't know. There's also a chance that it's not a trailer, but something else they would have preferred to keep wraps on. It could be a post-Pick-Ups/pre-ComiCon vlog for all we know.

*sits back and waits to see if anyone reacts to that idea*

Angelic

The fact that other sites quote us for every little rumor-mill tidbit as if it were fact is the reason, back in the day, certain people on the boards (not the staff) made a hobby out of trying to start a rumor which would get picked up as fact by other sites or news agencies. TORn reports news and rumors, and always has. No need to get all tied up in knots because a vague non-announcement vanished.

Anyone else remember the "Something is coming" announcement in 2009, when they announced that something big was coming and they were going to announce it on a certain date, then announced that the announcement had been postponed, and even then missed the date? And everyone got all worked up into a tizzy and were then furious when it was "only" the Blu-ray announcement (and, so that you can see my track record at guessing, I'm on record in that thread as thinking it had to be something more than what it turned out to be). That was all WB's bad marketing, by the way, not TORN's fault, but some people reacted as if we did it to them on purpose.

Silverlode

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dűm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

Silmaril
Rohan

Jul 3 2014, 8:51am

Post #48 of 49 (1155 views)
Shortcut
Thanks a lot for your guesswork... [In reply to] Can't Post

TORN does a great job!

cats16
Half-elven

Jul 4 2014, 8:22am

Post #49 of 49 (1097 views)
Shortcut
Yay! [In reply to] Can't Post

Popping in very quickly here- glad to.hear the date! I'm so out of the loop already!!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.