Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part VII
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 16 2014, 12:08pm

Post #201 of 210 (3678 views)
Shortcut
     Can't wait to compare notes post-viewing [In reply to]  

It premieres here on 31 Jul, so that means it sneaks next week. When does it premiere for you?

Thread's nearly ready to tip again. Heart Seems like only a week since I last said that.

I just realised it seems like you and I are almost always the ones here at the end of things for the thread Smile threadenders/threadtippers are we?

Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII
(Tis true! More appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies)

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), Two, Three, Four new

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Kerewyn
Rohan

Jul 16 2014, 2:14pm

Post #202 of 210 (3668 views)
Shortcut
     August 7 [In reply to]  

..which is fine by me.

Nowhere near the way-too-many days of torture I'm gonna go through with Australia's Dec 26 release date for BotFA. I'm going to be very grumpily off TORn for that two weeks prior! Mad
When is BotFA released in Singapore? Will you be joining me in miserable late-to-the-party suspense?

Australia always holds back its big summer blockbusters for the 26th. It's part of a Boxing Day tradition here - the first day of the long hot summer. People go the beach, the movies, the massive Boxing Day department store sales, or the Boxing Day test cricket. As we say in ad copy speak, "there's something for everyone."

Ah, past my midnight. Evil so no more thread-tipping antics from me! Off to bed before I turn into a pumpkin. Already my fingers are looking a little orange....

'People don't know where I begin and latex ends, which has always been an ambition for me.' (Martin Freeman)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 16 2014, 3:07pm

Post #203 of 210 (3670 views)
Shortcut
     Dec 18 [In reply to]  

... last i looked at the local listings.

Actually it's pretty good here, with regards to premieres, especially for big films. We tend to get it about the same time, or even in tandem with the global premiere or early, like GotG.

Ah, past my midnight. Evil so no more thread-tipping antics from me! Off to bed before I turn into a pumpkin. Already my fingers are looking a little orange....

LOL. Same here. 1 more hour to the witching one, and I've done my thread-tipping for the day. *Wonders who's the next threadstarter* Smile

Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), Two, Three, Four new

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 16 2014, 11:09pm

Post #204 of 210 (3654 views)
Shortcut
     OMG Kim thanks for this!!! It's a masterpiece!!! [In reply to]  

This one (and others) are why the Peckish Owl is a GAWDESS to meHeartHeartHeartTongueWinkCool

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 16 2014, 11:31pm

Post #205 of 210 (3659 views)
Shortcut
     Fangirl pride Kerewyn! [In reply to]  

*Sniff* how oft has the term fanboy/fangirl been used by someone with their nose up. But I say, plz. Especially for movie characters, which to me to be a fan of, if anyone were to ask, even a child, most often has a lot of emotional and intellectual depth connected with it (outside of the crude-type fan-boying often directed at an actress *cough*.)

I've read some really eloquent posts on TORn as to why a person is a fan of a given character, and I could write pages on Thorin, Thranduil, Balin, Dwalin, Bilbo. Far more interesting and life-long, than being a fan of say, a football star in this country, who is only fan-boyed for as long as they can throw a ball a certain distance, and then, unless they are truly outstanding, simply discarded for the next ball-thrower.

It's a great memory for me and always will be, the fun I had at the midnight show with all the other Hobbit fans, about to bounce off the ceiling, because we had waited for DOS for SO long. It felt unreal.HeartHeartHeart

PS. Oh yeah - Giant IMAX with the seat-rumbling sound system - and PJ's Hobbit movies are worthy of that kind of a luscious viewing experience. Oh gawds. Now no matter what, I'm gonna hafta see BOFTA like that...Shocked

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jul 17 2014, 1:21am

Post #206 of 210 (3633 views)
Shortcut
     He-he (comic and art) [In reply to]  

Our dear friend, Peckish Owl is at it again! This time with focus on our favorite "Master of the Realm".Wink

On the prettier side of things, Kinko-White has done another lovely piece of Thranduil artwork. (I HeartHeartHeartHeart her art!Angelic)

*clicks send hoping the thread doesn't get locked*

*trudges off to continue late-night schoolwork*

"Love woke me up this morning
With a memory
Love came and whispered a story
That awakened a dream,

I am a dreamer, take me higher
Open the sky up, start a fire
I believe even if it's just a dream"
~"Dreamer" by Bethany Dillon

(This post was edited by Eruvandi on Jul 17 2014, 1:22am)

vanima ephel
Rivendell

Jul 17 2014, 2:29am

Post #207 of 210 (3632 views)
Shortcut
     Fannishness: The Agony and the Ecstacy [In reply to]  

I know it well.

Witness me attending ‘Thor: the Dark World’ last year, being such a massive Loki fan (a dubious pleasure I have to share with a squillion fangirls who are half my age). I was kind of rabbit-in-the-headlights stunned whenever he was on screen.

They're not all half your age. Wink (Only one more month before I can own Only Lovers Left Alive and then forever before Crimson Peak and High Rise are out!)

```

I'm surprised my own attempt at posting a pic here worked. (I only saw a little blue box. Crazy ) Of Course, at that size, the relevance feels weak as water...

For comic effect, maybe?:

"I dissent, even at the risk of being held incorrect or not sober."

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 17 2014, 2:43am

Post #208 of 210 (3624 views)
Shortcut
     *amazed we're still rollin'!* Here's another piece to cheer you up Eruvandi (Leggy + Thranddy) [In reply to]  

aka "you know those photo shoots where kids swap clothes with their parents"

Just ROF absolute LoL at the expression on Thranduil's face. Hope this cheers your late night schoolwork shift!

PS: Kim shared the Master of the Realm piece, but no harm getting it more notice, it is GOOD!

*copy post for safe measure, crosses fingers and click post reply*

ETA: Yay! Success Laugh

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Jul 17 2014, 2:45am)

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 17 2014, 3:00am

Post #209 of 210 (3613 views)
Shortcut
     Love Kinko-White [In reply to]  

Tho as far as I know, perhaps wisely, she only puts up images of her book? I guess you would have to commission a piece if you wanted to be able to frame?

Thanks for posting!Heart

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 17 2014, 3:31am

Post #210 of 210 (3640 views)
Shortcut
     Oh, dear dear dear! Look at that post count! [In reply to]  

Wink

Looks like it's time to start Thranduil Appreciation Thread VIII, luvs! Laugh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.