The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Issue with TORn notification emails?

Kim
Valinor

Jul 1 2014, 4:02am

Post #1 of 18 (376 views)
Shortcut
Issue with TORn notification emails? Can't Post

Has anyone been having problems receiving the notification emails when someone responds to your post? I haven't received any emails since yesterday, and I've had several replies to posts since then. I checked my Spam folder just in case they were somehow being directed there and don't see any. Or are the admins aware of any issues with the site?

"Jagatud rõõm on topelt rõõm - a shared joy is a double joy". ~Estonian saying

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_collapsed

Maciliel
Valinor

Jul 1 2014, 4:07am

Post #2 of 18 (318 views)
Shortcut
i am [In reply to] Can't Post

i am experiencing this as well.

cheers ---

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 1 2014, 4:28am

Post #3 of 18 (319 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the heads-up. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll email one of the PTB and see if they can look into it.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Jul 1 2014, 4:28am)

Kim
Valinor

Jul 1 2014, 4:35am

Post #4 of 18 (319 views)
Shortcut
Awesome, thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

It would be tragic if I were to miss an important post about Thorin's hair.

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

Maciliel
Valinor

Jul 1 2014, 11:43am

Post #5 of 18 (295 views)
Shortcut
true!! [In reply to] Can't Post

missing news of even one follicle would be a tragedy!

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Jul 1 2014, 2:21pm

Post #6 of 18 (287 views)
Shortcut
I missed a post about Thorin's hair? [In reply to] Can't Post

Shocked

When? Where? Must go look! WinkBlushLaugh

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Kim
Valinor

Jul 1 2014, 8:06pm

Post #7 of 18 (274 views)
Shortcut
Well, the key thing is [In reply to] Can't Post

you could have, and that would be tragic. As a pre-caution, I recommend checking all of Avandel's posts, she usually delivers the goods, especially on the Hobbit board, and Fan Art. Laugh

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 1 2014, 8:10pm

Post #8 of 18 (285 views)
Shortcut
"Time! Time!" [In reply to] Can't Post

That is the answer to your problem - direct from Corvar: "One of the servers related to email for TORn had a spam issue over the weekend, and I am guessing it is temporarily on some blacklist. It will likely clear up with time."

Smile

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Jul 1 2014, 8:14pm

Post #9 of 18 (269 views)
Shortcut
oooh.. fan art.... [In reply to] Can't Post

haven't checked that for awhile...

Blush

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Kim
Valinor

Jul 1 2014, 8:15pm

Post #10 of 18 (258 views)
Shortcut
OK, thank you for checking. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Kim
Valinor

Jul 1 2014, 8:17pm

Post #11 of 18 (290 views)
Shortcut
Prepare to settle in [In reply to] Can't Post

she's got some doozies (with assistance from Lurker in the Mirk, so when it starts getting too elfy, that's why). Wink

Kim
Valinor

Jul 2 2014, 10:48pm

Post #12 of 18 (254 views)
Shortcut
Update: mails are working again [In reply to] Can't Post

and just in time too, Avandel's been busy on posts re Thorin's hair. Tongue

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 3 2014, 1:48am

Post #13 of 18 (249 views)
Shortcut
*snort* [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for letting me know.

About the emails. Not Thorin's hair. Just to clarify.

Ataahua's stories

Maciliel
Valinor

Jul 3 2014, 2:25am

Post #14 of 18 (254 views)
Shortcut
just to "clarify".... [In reply to] Can't Post

just to "clarify".... is that some sort of conditioning pun, ataahua?

do +not+ take the mane in vain.

cheers : )

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 3 2014, 2:58am

Post #15 of 18 (253 views)
Shortcut
Now you're just splitting hairs. [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't be cuticle.

Evil

Ataahua's stories

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 5 2014, 10:16pm

Post #16 of 18 (214 views)
Shortcut
Notification [In reply to] Can't Post

While I got the emails again yesterday they seem to have disappeared again today :/

Just to let the mods know ;)

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Kim
Valinor

Jul 5 2014, 10:30pm

Post #17 of 18 (208 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm, weird, I got this one ok [In reply to] Can't Post

The notification for this post showed up right away, although I did see someone else's post above that they're not getting some mails, so maybe there is still an issue, at least for some users?

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 5 2014, 10:38pm

Post #18 of 18 (229 views)
Shortcut
It seems to be different for users..... [In reply to] Can't Post

... as I was still getting emails when you originally opened this thread.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.