The new "Into the Storm" trailer is online
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Annael
Immortal

Jun 28 2014, 2:58pm

Post #26 of 32 (71 views)
Shortcut
did I mention [In reply to] Can't Post

that my sister & her husband lived in a yurt for a while? They moved into a house when she woke up one morning and there was a slug on her pillow next to her face.

To be sane we must recognize our beliefs as fictions.

- James Hillman, Healing Fiction

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

ShireHorse
Rohan

Jun 29 2014, 10:21am

Post #27 of 32 (57 views)
Shortcut
People are getting excited about this [In reply to] Can't Post

which they weren't at first. However, for some months, articles have been saying that it might be the unexpected hit of the summer. It comes out on the same day as the new Mutant Turtles film - is that competition? It will be different to see RA playing an ordinary father and teacher with an American accent (although I wish he had kept his own.) The 'dad suit' looks awful but at least it's wet a lot of the time, LOL!

There aren't half as many snide remarks about this second trailer on YT either but some of those are critical of the excessive CGI. However, comments from the set and RA imply that much of it was 'real'. Certainly the wind and rain wasn't faked and it was very much an endurance test for all the cast. And RA mentions how a truck was dropped right in front of him from a great height (see bit towards the end of the trailer?)

Anyway, it looks like a lot of fun to me - and to a lot of other people who are sick to death of all these fantasy heroes and want something scary and exciting that might just happen in the real world.

Arannir
Valinor

Jun 29 2014, 10:35am

Post #28 of 32 (59 views)
Shortcut
Agreed. [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks like a good old fashioned catastrophe movie with some nice performances and okay CGI.

When it comes to entertainment and event cinema this is indeed a nice distraction among the superheroes and (tech)monsters plaguing the screen.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Jun 29 2014, 2:08pm

Post #29 of 32 (52 views)
Shortcut
I admit to only knowing about this film because of RA [In reply to] Can't Post

and I usually don't seek out disaster films but I like branching out. It does look exciting. I'm also looking forward to seeing him stretch his acting muscles and take on the American accent. As far as the "dad suit" I think it's great that they aren't marketing him as a heart throb as it seems it would be out-of-character for this particular character, as would his native accent. Given the amount of work he puts into his characters, I'm glad he isn't being used in that "Hollywood" marketing way.

I can understand how this is a change of pace for those who haven't had this kind of option lately. I myself can't wait for the next Avengers and I'm definitely looking forward to the Black Widow movie.

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 1 2014, 7:44pm

Post #30 of 32 (32 views)
Shortcut
and yet LOL [In reply to] Can't Post

it would seem as serious a performer as RA is, there are some things that his audience cannot simply pretend do not exist, no matter how much he chooses to vanish into a character.....Wink

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Jul 1 2014, 8:13pm

Post #31 of 32 (27 views)
Shortcut
Don't you just love that poster? [In reply to] Can't Post

I think I posted that a few months ago here. I was laughing so hard when I read the fine print at the bottom I had to share it.

Yes, no matter what he wears, how he sounds... it's still gonna be him. I mean look at the long odes to Thorin's hair on this site! Laugh

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 1 2014, 10:39pm

Post #32 of 32 (33 views)
Shortcut
That was you? It's hilarious! [In reply to] Can't Post

I knew I had gotten that from a link here, but went searching as thought it truly deserved a re-post. The line: Written By: Who Cares, It's A Dripping Wet Richard Armitage You Guys in this image cracked me up as did the title.

And anyway from the new Associated Press article which happily is in the Washington Post, NY Times, etc.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/...pm_entertainment_pop
:

Far as I can tell, RA has been blessed w. some great genes and could be bald, and purple, and still be stunning - wonderful eyes.Smile

Plus, I usually pay little attention to actors, but something about him is so appealing in person - from the Collidor article:

Was it hard working with effects?
Armitage: Listen, I’ve just come off a movie where there is green everywhere and there’s like a licorice allsort hanging from a piece of string and someone is saying it’s the biggest most ferocious dragon you’ve ever seen, action! So I’m imagining anything. Read more at http://collider.com/richard-armitage-into-the-storm-interview/#J5kbs83gEQyVxz54.99

RA makes me smile, when he talks about - well, most things, really. LOL I'm beginning to wonder if he is the "most interesting man in the world".Wink

PS. OK LOL, I'm one of the Thorin "Hair Freaks"Tongue. Possibly the worst of them, tho that's kind of hard to tell. And I don't know who Thorin's hair really belongs to, but the funny thing is, when RA is costumed up, it's like it IS his hair. Thorin's hair just wouldn't work for anyone else, or on anyone else I wouldn't even notice. And I remember RA saying in some article, that people didn't seem to understand, that it was a wig.

Well, no, because, it's as tho he WAS Thorin, glorious sumptuous espresso mane and all (I'm starting alreadyShocked). In any case, I read some article that said pulling Thorin together cost like 1.2 million dollars, between the hair, costume, prosthetic, sword, etc. Far as I am concerned, worth every penny. EVERY PENNYTongueTongueTongue

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.