Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
How are you killing time until the Hobbit 3 trailer is released?

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 26 2014, 2:45am

Post #1 of 7 (235 views)
Shortcut
How are you killing time until the Hobbit 3 trailer is released? Can't Post

Have you made Dwarf and Orc finger-puppets to re-enact your version of the Battle of Five Armies?

Have you built a miniature Smaug to see how quickly his fire is extinguished in a bird-bath?

Are you keeping track of the 'waiting' memes on TORN's Facebook page?

Share with us what you're doing while you're not twiddling your fingers for news about the Hobbit trailer!

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

J Pierpont Flathead
Rivendell

Jun 26 2014, 3:36am

Post #2 of 7 (156 views)
Shortcut
Living [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow - such a loaded question: Is life worth nothing more than avoiding the span of life between Hobbit trailers and films? I know this is in humor, but sometimes I wonder why we'd want our lives to speed headlong towards its end. There's so much noise and begging made about production videos and trailers that maybe spoil the experience we're waiting for. Some people like the processes as an experience all its own, but it's not for me.

I once remarked to an office mate that I couldn't wait until my kids were out of diapers. She said with some sympathy, "Don't wish your life away." I took it to heart and made even those moments enjoyable.

I don't do anything Hobbit related in between films except visit this site from time to time, and that will stop when I begin to see spoilage. I'm not waiting or watching for trailers or production videos either, so it's usually a surprise when one is released.

Now his life is full of wonder
But his heart still knows some fear
Of a simple thing he cannot comprehend
Why they try to tear the mountains down
To bring in a couple more
More people, more scars upon the land

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Jun 26 2014, 4:33am

Post #3 of 7 (147 views)
Shortcut
Reading and watching other shows and films and exploring my other interests. [In reply to] Can't Post

I am excited though!

Arannir
Valinor

Jun 26 2014, 7:10am

Post #4 of 7 (135 views)
Shortcut
Very well said. [In reply to] Can't Post

I once remarked to an office mate that I couldn't wait until my kids were out of diapers. She said with some sympathy, "Don't wish your life away." I took it to heart and made even those moments enjoyable.

Especially for those excited for these movies, this will be the last time to wait for all this, to anticapte it and to speculate about it. Enjoy. It will be over so soon. :)

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 26 2014, 9:26am

Post #5 of 7 (135 views)
Shortcut
Keep breathing! That's the key :) BREATHE! [In reply to] Can't Post

AND work on my garage roof by adding a few more little items, AND start stocking up on tissues. I think it's going to be intense... and the film will break my heart with emotion and beauty.

omg... you've got me *twitching* all over again!

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Jun 26 2014, 11:48am

Post #6 of 7 (134 views)
Shortcut
Is there life between films? [In reply to] Can't Post

What? Me worry?
 photo Capture.jpg

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
-Albert Einstein

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 26 2014, 3:31pm

Post #7 of 7 (133 views)
Shortcut
Waiting for even more Hobbit-related news. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm still waiting for The Darkening of Mirkwood, latest suppliment for The One Ring Roleplaying Game, to ship. The last I saw, it has cleared U.S. Customs and is on the way to the warehouse.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.