Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Elves and dragons or cabbages and potatoes?

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Jun 23 2014, 11:42pm

Post #1 of 3 (104 views)
Shortcut
Elves and dragons or cabbages and potatoes? Can't Post

What exactly is this the point of this question? I am really curious.SmileTongue

Magpie
Immortal

Jun 23 2014, 11:44pm

Post #2 of 3 (90 views)
Shortcut
I was stumped for awhile too. [In reply to] Can't Post

but then was reminded when I listened to my LOTR audio books the next time.

But my lad Sam will know more about (stories of Bilbo's treasure). He’s in and out of Bag End. Crazy about stories of the old days he is, and he listens to all Mr. Bilbo’s tales. Mr. Bilbo has learned him his letters—meaning no harm, mark you, and I hope no harm will come of it.

'Elves and Dragons! I says to him. Cabbages and potatoes are better for me and you. Don't go getting mixed up in the business of your betters, or you'll land in trouble too big for you, I says to him. And I might say it to others,' he added with a look at the stranger and the miller.
~Hamfast Gamgee (the Gaffer)

LOTR, Book 1, Chapter 1, A Long Expected Party

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

(This post was edited by Magpie on Jun 23 2014, 11:51pm)

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Jun 24 2014, 1:03am

Post #3 of 3 (87 views)
Shortcut
Thank you [In reply to] Can't Post

I get it now! Makes sense!Smile

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.