The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Darcy (Firth) versus Darcy (MacFadden)

Patty
Immortal

Mar 5 2007, 10:21pm

Post #1 of 7 (9461 views)
Shortcut
Darcy (Firth) versus Darcy (MacFadden) Can't Post

Colin rolls up the sleeves of his puffy shirt, and puts on his fencing mask. Matthew, having too little class to know about fencing, just stands there and looks stupid. Colin drives his sword home, straight through the heart. "I shall conquer this!" he says. And does.Heart

Oh, and LotR reference? Colin has the book back home on his shelf at Pemberly.

Welcome to Rivendell, Patty Baggins

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Mar 6 2007, 12:48am

Post #2 of 7 (3826 views)
Shortcut
Firth every time! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just because. So there. MacFadden can't hold a candle to that man.

OK maybe I should come up with something creative but for now I'll just say, Patty, I agree with you entirely! Wink

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

Patty
Immortal

Mar 6 2007, 1:00am

Post #3 of 7 (3875 views)
Shortcut
I expect I should have taken it to poll, but... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm beginning to think that might be the only place Matthew might actually do the beating.

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Mar 6 2007, 1:06am

Post #4 of 7 (3889 views)
Shortcut
*shocked gasp* [In reply to] Can't Post

How could ANYONE vote for anything from the dreadful, recent P&P version? Frown I'm appalled. OK now I should stop before I start ranting and alienating people...!! Laugh

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Mar 6 2007, 5:19pm

Post #5 of 7 (3994 views)
Shortcut
Firth is First! [In reply to] Can't Post

Colin mounts his favorite steed, looking ever so yummy in his riding breeches and top hat. As he gallops into a clearing, he notices a very disheveled young man, shirt shockingly unbuttoned down his chest, hair in disarray, stumbling along as if lost.

"What is your name?" he inquires, not recognizing him.

"M-M-Matthew," comes the broken reply. "I love- I love- I love-," he rambles.

Colin, in a moment of recognition, stops next to his young charge.

"In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My tutelage will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you to get yourself cleaned up! No young lady, no matter how destitute, will ever consent to marrying you in such a state as you now present. Go back to Pemberly and my butler will see to it."

Matthew looks up gratefully, realizing he never should have accepted the role as Darcy, for none can compare to the man now riding away toward Longbourn.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And suddenly the Ainur saw afar off a light, as it were a cloud with a living heart of flame.

(This post was edited by Alassëa Eruvande on Mar 6 2007, 5:21pm)

Patty
Immortal

Mar 6 2007, 6:25pm

Post #6 of 7 (8388 views)
Shortcut
Wonderful!/ [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by Patty on Mar 6 2007, 6:25pm)

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Jun 29 2013, 2:40pm

Post #7 of 7 (3182 views)
Shortcut
Firth [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.