Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Sylvester McCoy set for pickups in July, so I guess it will be another videoblog any day "soon"

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jun 18 2014, 7:06pm

Post #1 of 10 (1189 views)
Shortcut
Sylvester McCoy set for pickups in July, so I guess it will be another videoblog any day "soon" Can't Post

Frown

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 18 2014, 7:23pm

Post #2 of 10 (700 views)
Shortcut
Source? / [In reply to] Can't Post

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Jun 18 2014, 7:24pm

Post #3 of 10 (753 views)
Shortcut
theonering.net [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.theonering.net/...et-for-july-pickups/

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

The Hall of Fire

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 18 2014, 7:26pm

Post #4 of 10 (713 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Voronwë. [In reply to] Can't Post

I found it just as I'd sent my last message. Wink

Last minute Radagast pick ups eh. This could be the scene where he turns into the moth ...

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Jun 18 2014, 7:30pm

Post #5 of 10 (720 views)
Shortcut
In London [In reply to] Can't Post

That was the part that I found most interesting. I wonder if perhaps Sir Christopher Lee will also be involved.

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

The Hall of Fire

Imladris18
Lorien

Jun 18 2014, 7:39pm

Post #6 of 10 (717 views)
Shortcut
Is this scene actually a possibility? [In reply to] Can't Post

That has been something I've been hoping for from the start!

Dcole4
Rohan

Jun 18 2014, 8:09pm

Post #7 of 10 (736 views)
Shortcut
Very misleading [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like he's just doing ADR. Which isn't technically pick-ups. Same for Manu Bennett. For a mo-cap actor it makes sense to wait until the film is locked before doing all the mo-cap scenes for his character. I don't think it means there are any major changes/alterations.

Arannir
Valinor

Jun 18 2014, 9:12pm

Post #8 of 10 (619 views)
Shortcut
Yeah. [In reply to] Can't Post

It also does not really indicate a vlog anytime soon.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

painjoiker
Grey Havens

Jun 19 2014, 6:18am

Post #9 of 10 (463 views)
Shortcut
I also read this as ADR [In reply to] Can't Post

All actors have to do ADR sometime this spring/summer which means that by July most actors have done their part Smile
I don't think there will be any actual filming this time, just mo-cap and digital shots

Vocalist in the melodic metal band Betomast
and the progressive doom rock band Mater Thallium

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jun 19 2014, 1:28pm

Post #10 of 10 (425 views)
Shortcut
Many of the actors are back in the UK [In reply to] Can't Post

So this makes sense as it really is ADR as people have indicated above. Freeman has the lead role in RIII on stage from July through September so if he has any at all they need to be in London as he can't get away.

Armitage also is back in the UK as are many of the others. This makes sense to me.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.