BOTFA footage shown by Warners to CineEurope

Lissuin
Valinor

Jun 16 2014, 9:45pm

Post #1 of 8 (1942 views)
Shortcut
BOTFA footage shown by Warners to CineEurope Can't Post

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/...os-teases-mad-712132

Vandenberg brought a taped message from Peter Jackson and some never-seen footage from the third and final Hobbit movie, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, which will herald the end of the filmmaker’s 16 years of bringing the work of J.R.R. Tolkien to the big screen. Jackson thanked the exhibition community for being "supportive every step of the way" with his quest from the Lord of the Rings to the Hobbit franchise, describing his relationship with foreign theaters as a partnership. After screening the footage, Vandenberg noted that she and the team are sure the all-star franchise-ender will deliver an "exceptional performance" at the box office in December 2014.

Have I missed other announcements of footage being shown anywhere else?

(This post was edited by Lissuin on Jun 16 2014, 9:49pm)

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Jun 16 2014, 10:05pm

Post #2 of 8 (805 views)
Shortcut
Any twitter reports about what was shown? // [In reply to] Can't Post

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

The Hall of Fire

Arannir
Valinor

Jun 16 2014, 10:21pm

Post #3 of 8 (1058 views)
Shortcut
One Tweet [In reply to] Can't Post

That mentions both CineEurope and TH. But none by someone who was actually there .

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Demosthenes
Sr. Staff

Jun 17 2014, 1:31am

Post #4 of 8 (705 views)
Shortcut
Sounds like a re-roll of CinemaCon? // [In reply to] Can't Post

TheOneRing.net Senior Staff
IRC Admin and Hall of Fire moderator

Arannir
Valinor

Jun 18 2014, 11:02am

Post #5 of 8 (291 views)
Shortcut
Speaking of footage/trailer news... [In reply to] Can't Post

.... The internet has really it's own way in dealing with "news". The article on TORN re the trailer situation has been reused and rephrased and already we have tweets saying "Hobbit trailer to be released July 20th".

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Demosthenes
Sr. Staff

Jun 18 2014, 3:20pm

Post #6 of 8 (194 views)
Shortcut
Saw that. Appalling distortion and not true at all. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Arannir
Valinor

Jun 18 2014, 3:24pm

Post #7 of 8 (201 views)
Shortcut
Especially since... [In reply to] Can't Post

... you explicitly explained and outlined the situation and your prediction.

But I guess this is the logic 2.0 of the internet ;)

(This post was edited by Arannir on Jun 18 2014, 3:24pm)

Demosthenes
Sr. Staff

Jun 18 2014, 3:37pm

Post #8 of 8 (206 views)
Shortcut
Yeah. Purple monkey dishwasher and etc. [In reply to] Can't Post

I left a grumpy complaint in the thread. Hopefully they'll edit the article.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.