The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Oh Commitments get in the way... Guillermo del Toro

Arannir
Valinor

Jun 13 2014, 12:14pm

Post #1 of 4 (171 views)
Shortcut
Oh Commitments get in the way... Guillermo del Toro Can't Post

Given the history of his involvement in TH I thought I might give this its own thread... hope that is okay.

http://www.deadline.com/...-watson-at-warner%2F

GDT leaves another project due to other commitments.

Quite sad, after Pan's Labyrinth I really was looking forward to following his career... however, I wasn't that convinced by what I have seen since then.

As a fan of the classic Disney movie I was looking forward to see his take on such material.

Pacific Rim 2 might take a lot of his time...

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Jun 13 2014, 4:59pm

Post #2 of 4 (103 views)
Shortcut
This breaks my heart... [In reply to] Can't Post

I was heavily anticipating this. Unsure

I worry without someone with his vision pushing this, it won't even come to pass (especially with the recently announced live action version of the Disney musical).

I always have fun with GDT's movies, but I'm still waiting with baited breath for his spiritual follow-up to Pan's Labyrinth - which is one of my favorite films of all time.

Poor Guillermo, it just seems like he keeps having bad luck with his film projects. Frown

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
- C.S. Lewis

(This post was edited by Aragorn the Elfstone on Jun 13 2014, 5:00pm)

mutelock
Bree

Jun 13 2014, 6:29pm

Post #3 of 4 (91 views)
Shortcut
I'm still waiting... [In reply to] Can't Post

... for his Hulk TV series.

I wonder if that will ever happen.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 13 2014, 7:29pm

Post #4 of 4 (68 views)
Shortcut
I think that ABC may have passed on 'The Hulk' // [In reply to] Can't Post

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.