The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Customer Reviews, Tengwar Script Men's Lord Prayer Ring

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jun 10 2014, 3:08am

Post #1 of 17 (6363 views)
Shortcut
Customer Reviews, Tengwar Script Men's Lord Prayer Ring Can't Post

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews Tengwar Script Men's Lord Prayer Ring Comfort Fit Black IP Stainless Steel Size 9 10 11 12 13

vs

I'm only on the first review page, and already ROFLMAO. By Eru! I believe this precious trinket is what the Good Guy Sauron bought in bulk, to help the economy and band his friendships. Sly

(Apologies if this has been posted... I did a search before putting this up)

Fan of both books and movies. Oh, and it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Jun 10 2014, 3:09am)

Magpie
Immortal

Jun 10 2014, 3:16am

Post #2 of 17 (6198 views)
Shortcut
it's okay to repost [In reply to] Can't Post

but it has been posted before.

searching for >> Amazon Prayer Ring << brought up the old post. :-)

But even if it was posted last week, it's fine to repost. There's always lots of people it will be new for.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jun 10 2014, 3:24am

Post #3 of 17 (6198 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, Magpie. Got too clever with the search [In reply to] Can't Post

I searched for 'prayer ring' as a phrase since going with the individual words returned more posts to plough through than I have time for.

Fan of both books and movies. Oh, and it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Magpie
Immortal

Jun 10 2014, 1:37pm

Post #4 of 17 (6177 views)
Shortcut
finding just the right search words... [In reply to] Can't Post

is to me what hunting elusive wild species is to others. It's a great game. :-)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jun 10 2014, 1:55pm

Post #5 of 17 (6174 views)
Shortcut
LOL [In reply to] Can't Post

Though it's interesting a less restrictive search string returned nothing but adding "Amazon" got the results. I'd think it'd be the other way round. Crazy Curious.

Magpie
Immortal

Jun 10 2014, 2:01pm

Post #6 of 17 (6174 views)
Shortcut
the key is adding a more unique word [In reply to] Can't Post

that will narrow results down... but that you're fairly certain will be in a post along with the other words.

I did another search earlier in the day - can't remember what for (on the boards) and it took me considerably longer because I couldn't narrow the results down enough and I couldn't remember the words I'd used.

If you remember a post (and you didn't for this subject) and can 'kind of' remember how long ago it was, you can order the search results by date and then skip over - say - the most recent 6 months or year or whatever.

Anyhow, those Amazon reviews can get pretty hilarious, can't they?

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jun 10 2014, 2:08pm

Post #7 of 17 (6173 views)
Shortcut
i'm getting the idea... [In reply to] Can't Post

... though the way the search behaves doesn't fit in with my understanding of search, but what do I know Tongue

Those reviews are precious! Cool

Loresilme
Valinor

Jun 10 2014, 9:32pm

Post #8 of 17 (6168 views)
Shortcut
These are great! This one is my favorite: [In reply to] Can't Post

They're all great but I love this one because it's so low key Sly Be sure to read to the final sentence:

I bought this ring for my husband and they had it in just his size. I thought he'd love the writing on it, but the writing was very hard to see. When it arrived, on my birthday none-the-less, it looked a bit small, so I tried it on and discovered it fit me perfectly! Well, that meant it would never fit him, so I decided to return it... but because it was a Sunday, I had to wait a day. Well, I'm glad for the delay because I decided to try it on again the next day and I've been wearing it ever since! I love it, and it came to me after all, so why shouldn't I keep it? It's very precious to me.

Thanks for the laugh, Lurker Laugh.

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Jun 10 2014, 10:17pm

Post #9 of 17 (6152 views)
Shortcut
I actually saw this when looking on amazon one day! [In reply to] Can't Post

The second one really made me laugh! Are people really this dumb? Lol

Magpie
Immortal

Jun 11 2014, 12:45am

Post #10 of 17 (6143 views)
Shortcut
people are so clever! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Tol Eressea

Jun 11 2014, 1:59am

Post #11 of 17 (6142 views)
Shortcut
This was great! [In reply to] Can't Post

I can hardly believe it was originally listed as "Arabic" script! Laugh

And what's with the "...Men's Lord Prayer..." in the description? This baptised, Eucharist-eating, penanced, Catholic-confirmed, Sunday-school-plus 2-years-of-Catholic-junior-high-educated, once-played-piano-for-Easter-Mass-once-to-fill-in-for-the-sick-organist boy has never heard of a Lord's Prayer ring before. (disclaimer: lapsed Catholic. I might be technically excommunicated by automatic default at this point, need to check the manual....)

And now said boy finds himself suddenly wanting a certain Men's Lord's Prayer ring... and here he is putting it on his Amazon wish list... done.

The reviews gave said boy a good laugh, and at the same time, warmed the cockles of said boy's heart. Thanks for the post, Lurker!

Things overheard during games of chess in Middle-earth:

Galadriel (any and every time she advances her pawn to the last row): "In its place you would have a QUEEN!!!!" (thunder booms)

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_expanded;

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 11 2014, 9:24am

Post #12 of 17 (6132 views)
Shortcut
*snigger* Gotta love geeks ;) // [In reply to] Can't Post

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jun 11 2014, 2:21pm

Post #13 of 17 (6150 views)
Shortcut
Nice to spread the laughs. Liked this one. For you, R_T =O) [In reply to] Can't Post

A review I saw

44 of 46 people found the following review helpful 5.0 out of 5 stars Sauron's Prayer, February 17, 2014 By E. VanZwoll (Farmington, Michigan) - See all my reviews This review is from: Tengwar Script Men's Lord Prayer Ring Comfort Fit Black IP Stainless Steel Size 9 10 11 12 13 (Jewelry) Our Sauron who art in Mordor,
cursed be thy name.
Thy nazgul come.
Thy bloodshed done
on Khazad-Dûm as it is in Arnor.
Bring us this day our daily orcs,
and behead us our traitors,
as we bury deep those who trespass against us,
Lead us far into temptation,
And deliver us to evil,
No Men.

(NOTE: This was more amusing when the description of the item was still "Lord's Prayer Arabic Men's Ring")

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Tol Eressea

Jun 11 2014, 6:02pm

Post #14 of 17 (6122 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Lurker! [In reply to] Can't Post

I could see myself trying to post something like that.

Or maybe something like this:

One Ring to pray, O Lord! One Ring, strange writing.
One Ring, hey wait, which Lord...? I feel the darkness inviting....

Dun dun dun! EvilLaugh

Things overheard during games of chess in Middle-earth:

Galadriel (any and every time she advances her pawn to the last row): "In its place you would have a QUEEN!!!!" (thunder booms)

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_expanded;

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Jun 11 2014, 6:07pm

Post #15 of 17 (6118 views)
Shortcut
the key is adding a more unique word - such as "THE" // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." -Albert Einstein

Glassary
Rivendell

Jun 11 2014, 8:29pm

Post #16 of 17 (6115 views)
Shortcut
Who cares about ruling Arda, it's cats that are the real problem [In reply to] Can't Post

"I ordered this based on the engraved description, which clearly states "One Ring to Rule Them All." My attempts to summon the Nine to begin world domination were fruitless. Then I tried to get Shelob out of her cave, but she just hissed at me. At that point, I would have settled for commanding the cats to get off the counter, but Nooooooooooooo.

Am returning it ASAP. False advertising!"

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jun 12 2014, 3:11am

Post #17 of 17 (6151 views)
Shortcut
LOL, R_T! [In reply to] Can't Post

I feel the darkness inviting....

... feels like something stirring in the east. A sleepless malice, as black as the oncoming wall of night Tongue

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.