a DIFFERENT "what character in the silmarillion are you?" quiz

Maciliel
Valinor

Jun 4 2014, 4:36pm

Post #1 of 20 (618 views)
Shortcut
a DIFFERENT "what character in the silmarillion are you?" quiz Can't Post

http://helloquizzy.okcupid.com/...silmarillion-are-you

for those who were unhappy with or confused by their results from the sil character quiz that was posted earlier.....

this is a sil character quiz i put together (as part of a chapter reading for the sil in the reading room) that is based on a real psychological test.

enjoy! (or not!) : )

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

CuriousG
Half-elven

Jun 4 2014, 7:10pm

Post #2 of 20 (499 views)
Shortcut
Hmm, only 2 questions? [In reply to] Can't Post

Or did I miss something?

Maciliel
Valinor

Jun 4 2014, 7:13pm

Post #3 of 20 (497 views)
Shortcut
yep [In reply to] Can't Post

yep, only two questions.

but you took this quiz already, don't you remember? you came out as one of the would-be thorin assassins, stalking him at the prancing pony.

cheers- -

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

Meneldor
Valinor

Jun 4 2014, 7:18pm

Post #4 of 20 (497 views)
Shortcut
I'm a Turgon/Idril. [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought that was a decent assessment of me.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.

Maciliel
Valinor

Jun 4 2014, 7:23pm

Post #5 of 20 (494 views)
Shortcut
yay! : ) [In reply to] Can't Post

the Quiz does not lie.

cheers : )

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++

cats16
Half-elven

Jun 4 2014, 7:58pm

Post #6 of 20 (486 views)
Shortcut
Aha! Beren and Luthien. [In reply to] Can't Post

Consistent across the board.

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jun 4 2014, 8:45pm

Post #7 of 20 (492 views)
Shortcut
Turin/Miriel [In reply to] Can't Post

Interesting.

“Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” - Henry David Thoreau

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Tol Eressea

Jun 4 2014, 10:24pm

Post #8 of 20 (476 views)
Shortcut
Did it [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for sharing this Maciliel, well done. i liked how this one gave me an answer that included an either/or answer for either gender.

It was informative for me privately, but on the flip side to that, I'm inclined to keep the result private for that reason.

Things overheard during games of chess in Middle-earth:

Galadriel (any and every time she advances her pawn to the last row): "In its place you would have a QUEEN!!!!" (thunder booms)

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_expanded;

Maciliel
Valinor

Jun 4 2014, 10:29pm

Post #9 of 20 (476 views)
Shortcut
you're most welcome : ) [In reply to] Can't Post

you're most welcome, rux. : )

i definitely wanted to have binary gender options, and i also wanted it to be based in some sort of legit psychology.

a lot of people have given feedback that the result was pretty accurate.

i must say, it was quite the endeavor to do psychological profiles on the sil characters. that was a +lot+ of work. and made a bit harder because there was a dearth, comparatively, of fleshed-out female characters.

cheers : )

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++

Escapist
Gondor

Jun 4 2014, 10:49pm

Post #10 of 20 (475 views)
Shortcut
feanor / haleth [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmm ... some things to consider there ...

Na Vedui
Rohan

Jun 5 2014, 7:00pm

Post #11 of 20 (455 views)
Shortcut
Another Turgon/Idril here. [In reply to] Can't Post

well, I can live with that! I love Idril's Elvish heraldry emblem.

ltnjmy
Rivendell

Jun 5 2014, 7:30pm

Post #12 of 20 (451 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the fun quiz dear friend [In reply to] Can't Post

With this quiz I turned out to be Turin again (and Miriel)...

Curious, when I was younger, I always thought I was cursed. . . Shocked

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jun 6 2014, 1:02am

Post #13 of 20 (445 views)
Shortcut
I was Beleg/Melian (don't know who they are either!) [In reply to] Can't Post

It was actually a very good description of me, plus or minus a couple of things.

Sooo...Who are Beleg/Melian? (Must...read...Sil!)

"When life won't play along
And right keeps going wrong
And I can't seem to find my way
I know where I am found
So I won't let it drag me down
Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway"
~Move by MercyMe

Cirashala
Valinor

Jun 6 2014, 5:02am

Post #14 of 20 (440 views)
Shortcut
You don't have to worry :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Beleg Strongbow was Turin's BFF, an elf, and the best archer to ever grace ME (and a very noble elf too). He died because Turin woke from sleep while captured and tied to a tree and Turin accidentally stabbed him with a sword thinking he was one of his captors (he had a knife, but he was going to use it to cut the ropes not kill Turin). He was very noble, very honorable, very loyal, very wise, and a formidable and renown warrior/bowman (he would put both Legolas and Bard to shame in a heartbeat- they would look like children playing with toy bows compared to his skill). You can find his story in the Children of Hurin, which you can buy separately from the Silmarillion as a whole (though the story is in there too).

Melian was a Maia and a queen who married Thingol (he's the king) and was the mother of Luthien, and she had such strong power that she was able to all but hide Doriath in an invisible "girdle" where people would wander in it and get lost unless they had the king's permission to enter (Beren is the only mortal I believe who was able to get through it without Thingol's permission, IIRC). She was also very, very wise. Thingol first met her (he was one of the leaders of the three types of elves during the great march westward- so he was born in Cuvienen and became leader of the Teleri/Sindarin elves) when he espied her in the woods, and was struck by her beauty and after a very, very long time of just being frozen in place, he finally approached her and they wed. Their story rather mirrors how Beren first met Luthien :) And they were the first "interracial" marriage in ME Smile They are found quite often in the Sil, but mainly in the Lay of Lethian part (Luthien and Beren's story). Thingol was also the king who was slain over the Nauglamir incident by dwarves.

So yeah- I wouldn't worry at ALL about that character being you- they are both very, very good characters to end up being Smile

Maciliel
Valinor

Jun 6 2014, 11:39am

Post #15 of 20 (426 views)
Shortcut
ltnjmy, mae govannen! : ) [In reply to] Can't Post

mae govannen, ltnjmy : )

i wouldn't worry about being cursed. : ) think of this particular profile as turin, sans-curse.

at the core of the turin / miriel profile is sensitivity, and a sincere love of beauty. those are good things! : )

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jun 6 2014, 2:12pm

Post #16 of 20 (430 views)
Shortcut
Cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok, now that I know who the characters are (You did an awesome job describing them!Smile) I'm definitely happy with that result and it was way more accurate than the first Sil character quiz.Cool Thanks!

"When life won't play along
And right keeps going wrong
And I can't seem to find my way
I know where I am found
So I won't let it drag me down
Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway"
~Move by MercyMe

Cursive Dragon

Jun 9 2014, 3:50am

Post #17 of 20 (402 views)
Shortcut
Luthien [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, I'm Luthien (Beren/Luthien) Interesting, seeing as how those two are my all time favourite characters in the Silmarillion :)

VeArkenstone
Lorien

Jun 12 2014, 5:28pm

Post #18 of 20 (386 views)
Shortcut
Turin / Muriel [In reply to] Can't Post

This is actually a pretty good description of my personality. Interesting ...

Na Vedui
Rohan

Jun 13 2014, 12:31am

Post #19 of 20 (379 views)
Shortcut
Beleg [In reply to] Can't Post

When you posted this, I remembered seeing a rather nice Beleg pic on the web somewhere... just found it again, here he is with Turin:
http://ekukanova.deviantart.com/...oung-Turin-312129936

Laineth
Lorien

Jun 21 2014, 11:17pm

Post #20 of 20 (373 views)
Shortcut
Very Accurate! [In reply to] Can't Post

Very accurate! Although I'm not sure I'm liking being a Feanor. Haleth is cool, though. Wink

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.