Elizabeth
Half-elven

May 27 2014, 6:52am

Post #1 of 25 (396 views)
Shortcut
An amazing gift! Can't Post

Today, I received this message from DanielLB:

Dearest Elizabeth,

I was so sad to hear of your recent news. As such a respected voice on the TORn forums and seeing the flood of messages for you, I wanted to do something small but special for you. With the assistance, suggestions and contributions of Rembrethil, Magpie, Ethel Duath and everyone on TORn, I have put together a "Get Well Elizabeth" video for you.

For your ease, I have split the video into 3 parts. Please watch and enjoy at your own pleasure.

Part 1
Part2
Part3

They videos were originally intended to be uploaded on to Youtube, but due to copyright reasons I thought it best to use Photobucket instead. Please let me know if you are unable to watch the videos. I would recommend downloading the videos, rather than streaming them. I will always keep them there for you to go back and view, I would love to send you a hard copy of the video, if possible. When you are well and ready, let me know if that would be ok.

I really hope the video helps in your recovery. And as you have seen from the thread, there are many more messages that I could ever had fitted into this video.

For you and your family's privacy the full video has only been shared between myself, Rembrethil and Magpie. If you would like to share it among a wider audience then I leave that decision up to you.

TORn is such a special place, and it is so nice to see familiar names every day; especially with your humor, intelligence and kindness. But it has been so sad not seeing you. I cannot speak for the group, only myself, but I know everyone sends their best wishes for your better health and healing. Take all the time you need to get well and know that when you return, there will be many happy faces that you will see.

All the very best. Take care.

Daniel

I confess, when I saw them I sobbed for about 5 minutes, and then called my husband and he wept, too. Truly "not all tears are an evil," and these were certainly tears of joy and love. Thanks to you and everyone who contributed, so much. You can't know how much TORn means to me, and that's because of every one of you.
Thank you! Heart

Starling
Half-elven

May 27 2014, 7:23am

Post #2 of 25 (248 views)
Shortcut
It's the arms of TORn again, [In reply to] Can't Post

stretching around the world to you, Elizabeth.
I'm so glad these messages are delivering all the love and healing thoughts that clearly went into the creation of them. And it's so lovely to see you posting here. You have given so much to so many of us, and now it's your turn to receive.

And to Daniel and the others involved in putting this together for you, my heartfelt thanks. It is such a helpless feeling when you are worrying about someone and can't do anything. It was a gift to have the opportunity to contribute a small part that created the whole.

Oh wow, I love this place so much. Heart

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

May 27 2014, 11:17am

Post #3 of 25 (217 views)
Shortcut
This was more than beautiful! Wow, in the first seconds I teared up! Hope you're feeling better Elizabeth :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

"So your own praise will forever keep your name green,
Both here on Earth and on the stage of the stars" - J.G.Kittel, writing about the composer Jan Dismas Zelenka (1740)
Zelenka music sample link

Join us over at Barliman's chat all day, any day!

sherlock
Gondor

May 27 2014, 11:20am

Post #4 of 25 (223 views)
Shortcut
Very nice [In reply to] Can't Post

Daniel! I'm glad to,hear you're on the mend, Elizabeth!

Elarie
Grey Havens

May 27 2014, 12:19pm

Post #5 of 25 (221 views)
Shortcut
That was just lovely [In reply to] Can't Post

Get well soon, Elizabeth. You are one of TORN's beautiful voices.

And once again the world has not arranged itself just for me. Tsk, tsk.

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

May 27 2014, 1:05pm

Post #6 of 25 (211 views)
Shortcut
So beautiful and uplifting [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for sharing this, Elizabeth, and we hope you take each good wish to heart to help make you stronger every day. TORn does have such a great community of wonderful people of which you are very much a part. So pop in when you can to let us know how you're doing. It brightens our day to hear from you and see you back where you belong. Smile

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

May 27 2014, 1:13pm

Post #7 of 25 (225 views)
Shortcut
To Daniel, Rem, Magpie, Ethel Duath and any one else I may have missed [In reply to] Can't Post

Truly this video is not just a touching collaboration of TORn solidarity as obvious thought and taste went into its design. Thank you to each of you for the care and talent you invested in this and for framing everyone's best wishes for Elizabeth in such a beautiful way. This is way better than any Hallmark card! Smile

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

May 27 2014, 2:10pm

Post #8 of 25 (202 views)
Shortcut
We are so glad you're healing! [In reply to] Can't Post

May your recovery go swiftly and smoothly and may you never suffer the least shadow from this horrible event.

HeartElizabethHeart

PS: Very well done video, Daniel. Thank you!

Where now the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing?
Where is the helm and the hauberk, and the bright hair flowing?
Where is the hand on the harpstring, and the red fire glowing?
Where is the spring and the harvest and the tall corn growing?
They have passed like rain on the mountain, like a wind in the meadow;
The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow....

(This post was edited by Lily Fairbairn on May 27 2014, 2:17pm)

cats16
Half-elven

May 27 2014, 4:34pm

Post #9 of 25 (189 views)
Shortcut
Wonderful! [In reply to] Can't Post

Beautiful work done by all involved. A very touching tribute, indeed! Not hard to get teary-eyed with the incredible Fellowship we have here. Heart

I hope all is going well thus far, Elizabeth. Smile

(This post was edited by cats16 on May 27 2014, 4:36pm)

NecromancerRising
Gondor

May 27 2014, 4:51pm

Post #10 of 25 (187 views)
Shortcut
Excellent work by everyone [In reply to] Can't Post

involved in this nice gesture.Heart

Elizabeth,i hope your recovery proceeds smoothly and you will be back as soon as possible.Smile

"Obsession and narrow-mindness is the trend of the 2000's and synonyms to many Tolkien fanatics"

(This post was edited by NecromancerRising on May 27 2014, 4:51pm)

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

May 27 2014, 7:00pm

Post #11 of 25 (173 views)
Shortcut
Wow, great job Daniel et al! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks so much for giving us all a chance to be part of that.

Elizabeth, there's a quote from my favorite movie that I don't always agree with, but in this case, it seems to fit:

"Remember, my sentimental friend, that a heart is judged not by how much you love, but how much you are loved by others."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Tintallė
Gondor

May 27 2014, 7:18pm

Post #12 of 25 (171 views)
Shortcut
Well, I'm late to the party, as usual [In reply to] Can't Post

Best and most heartfelt wishes for your complete recovery, Elizabeth!

Glassary
Rivendell

May 27 2014, 8:18pm

Post #13 of 25 (162 views)
Shortcut
What a lovely gift [In reply to] Can't Post

Elizabeth it is lovely to see you back if in such a tuny way. TORn is not he same without your voice. The video cards were wonderful .

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

May 27 2014, 9:45pm

Post #14 of 25 (161 views)
Shortcut
Rem and Dan and Magpie and many others really deserve [In reply to] Can't Post

the credit. I just hunted down the Bach and a couple of pictures. But most of all, I am so glad it hit the spot.
And we want to be here for you long-term in whatever way is possible. I can imagine things may never quite feel the same.
But hopefully, things will be the same here--and a spot of refuge if you need it.

Smile

(This post was edited by Ethel Duath on May 27 2014, 9:47pm)

Magpie
Immortal

May 27 2014, 10:49pm

Post #15 of 25 (158 views)
Shortcut
and I kind of want to point the main focus toward Daniel & Co. [In reply to] Can't Post

I contributed some work I already had created for other similar situations and provided some small feedback during the creation process.

But if good will counts, I had very much toward wishing Elizabeth well. I am so relieved and grateful that you've recovered as quickly as you have, Elizabeth. And you were very much on all of our minds. Don't ever doubt how much we value your place in our community one second.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

(This post was edited by Magpie on May 27 2014, 10:49pm)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 28 2014, 1:20am

Post #16 of 25 (129 views)
Shortcut
*tears well here too* You are so special *warm hug* // [In reply to] Can't Post

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 28 2014, 2:14am

Post #17 of 25 (129 views)
Shortcut
That was beautiful. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you, Daniel & company! And thank you for sharing that wonderful video-card, Elizabeth, I do think it's had a marvelous effect on us all. Smile

I hope your healing is progressing well! Heart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Brethil
Half-elven

May 28 2014, 2:16am

Post #18 of 25 (130 views)
Shortcut
Glad you enjoyed it Elizabeth! [In reply to] Can't Post

Daniel (and everyone) did a lovely job of expressing all our collective wishes and thoughts. Angelic

The next TORn Amateur Symposium is a special edition: the Jubilee TAS to celebrate 60 years of FOTR! If you have an LOTR idea you would like to write about, we'd love to see your writing featured there!

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

May 28 2014, 3:28am

Post #19 of 25 (127 views)
Shortcut
So happy you enjoyed it! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Tol Eressea

May 28 2014, 4:25am

Post #20 of 25 (118 views)
Shortcut
Glad you and your husband enjoyed it. [In reply to] Can't Post

I was grateful to see it posted, to have a chance to see the end result, and everyone's expressions of well-wishes. Thanks go to Daniel, Rem, Ethel and Magpie, and anyone and everyone else who contributed, for your fine, heartfelt work and for making it turn out so well.

And I was particularly glad, and touched, to hear of your reaction, Elizabeth. Thank you for posting it and letting us know how you felt upon viewing it. May abundance of good feeling give speed to your recovery.

BTW, in case you didn't know, "Mike/R.T." is me (video part 3, starting at 3:16).

Things overheard during games of chess in Middle-earth:

Galadriel (any and every time she advances her pawn to the last row): "In its place you would have a QUEEN!!!!" (thunder booms)

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_expanded;

DanielLB
Immortal

May 28 2014, 7:20am

Post #21 of 25 (122 views)
Shortcut
This makes me happy: [In reply to] Can't Post

Truly "not all tears are an evil," and these were certainly tears of joy and love.

Whether you're First Ager or recently joined, old or young, post regularly or not, we all do come together to form a very special community. All the very best to you Elizabeth. Smile

Elizabeth
Half-elven

May 28 2014, 6:50pm

Post #22 of 25 (108 views)
Shortcut
Ethel, are you the one... [In reply to] Can't Post

...who heard me say once how much I loved the Bach cello suites and recommended the book on the Bach suites and Casals? Anyway, yes, they are to me the best music ever, and I was so moved that they were used. And the book was outstanding!

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

May 28 2014, 7:02pm

Post #23 of 25 (102 views)
Shortcut
Ok, I'm definitely crying now [In reply to] Can't Post

That was so beautiful and sweet! Elizabeth, I'm so glad to hear that you're doing better and are able to be with us again! I have and will continue to pray for your and your family's healing, both emotional and physical. May you all have the greatest peace and happiness possible.HeartEvil

"When life won't play along
And right keeps going wrong
And I can't seem to find my way
I know where I am found
So I won't let it drag me down
Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway"
~Move by MercyMe

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

May 28 2014, 11:27pm

Post #24 of 25 (87 views)
Shortcut
Yes, guilty as charged! And I was just thinking about that book. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm so glad you liked it. I was thinking about reading it again soon.

Do you have a favorite recording of the Bach? And have you ever read Casals' autobiography, "Joys and Sorrows"? It's quite a read.

I hope things are progressing well for you, and that the process isn't too difficult.

So glad you're back here!

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

May 29 2014, 2:55am

Post #25 of 25 (88 views)
Shortcut
And I will point towards Daniel! [In reply to] Can't Post

He really did most of the work and organisation. I truly wish I could have been more active in the creation, but I am unfortunately hobbled by a loaner PC. I tried to make up for my relative inaction in my final message contribution, but it still falls far short of the efforts Daniel had to make a vague notion of mine into a reality.

Call me Rem, and remember, not all who ramble are lost...Uh...where was I?

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.