Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
Collecting The Precious - Weta Workshop New Hobbit Art Book and Art of Film Books

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

May 12 2014, 10:15pm

Post #1 of 5 (410 views)
Shortcut
Collecting The Precious - Weta Workshop New Hobbit Art Book and Art of Film Books Can't Post

hobbit-chroniclesDoSCloaksDaggersa2Our friends at Weta Workshop have a couple of new books for fans to add to their collections. The first book is the next in the Chronicles series, which gives you a great inside look at the task of bringing the many costumes, armour, and weapons that were needed to bring The Hobbit Trilogy to life. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Chronicles – Cloaks and Daggers does just that, but it doesn't just cover the second film, it also covers the many designs needed in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. If you pre-order the book right now you can get it signed by some of the folks who helped bring these films to the big screen!

The second release Weta has for fans is an amazing looking two book set covering the 20 years they have been helping to bring films to life. This inside look is brimming with never-before-seen content covering films such as; The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, The Hobbit Trilogy, Avatar, King Kong, District 9, and much more. You can get The Hobbit Art Book for $39 and Weta: The Art of Film Magic - 20 Years of of Weta for $99.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

May 13 2014, 1:46pm

Post #2 of 5 (283 views)
Shortcut
Looking forward to the 'Chronicles' volume! // [In reply to] Can't Post

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 14 2014, 1:23am

Post #3 of 5 (273 views)
Shortcut
Me too :) [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't imagine I'll be able to afford the other book, but the Chronicles series are really great. I have none but I've browsed through books 1 and 2, and they are stunning. Woohoo!

The Hobbit Soundtracks - Being an online archive of information concerning Howard Shore's score for The Hobbit films.

Defiant
Bree

May 14 2014, 3:52am

Post #4 of 5 (276 views)
Shortcut
The sample pages look good. [In reply to] Can't Post

Love the little bit of what I assume is Dale stuff. I hope there's more of that.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 18 2014, 10:51pm

Post #5 of 5 (300 views)
Shortcut
Me too! :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.