Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
April 2014 TORn Amateur Symposium Feedback Thread (+ news on TAS4)!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

May 7 2014, 11:14pm

Post #26 of 34 (152 views)
Shortcut
Okie dokie [In reply to] Can't Post

Methinks I'll use the time between now and then to touch up the paper I wrote for my Theology and Cinema course on the spiritual theme of self-sacrifice in the ROTK movie and it's connection to Christian theology and try submitting that!Smile

"But there’s empty cross, there’s an empty tomb
Fire and wind now sweeping in this tiny upper room
There’s a hungry world, there’s a risen King
Unlock the doors, what reason more could we ever need?
So sing with me, I dare you to
Because there’s an empty cross; there’s an empty tomb"
~Empty (Disciples)-sung by Dan Haseltine and Matt Hammitt

Brethil
Half-elven

May 7 2014, 11:54pm

Post #27 of 34 (149 views)
Shortcut
Good cautionary point there Cats...! [In reply to] Can't Post

I shall try not to grab at anything shiny.

The next TORn Amateur Symposium is a special edition: the Jubilee TAS to celebrate 60 years of FOTR! If you have an LOTR idea you would like to write about, we'd love to see your writing featured there!

Brethil
Half-elven

May 7 2014, 11:56pm

Post #28 of 34 (151 views)
Shortcut
So glad to hear from you BlackFox! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thrilled you read along...and indeed, we would love to feature a paper from you. Cool Sadly lack of time seems to afflict us all! That's why we went to every-other-day posting. Still, that pesky Real Life does interfere with important things all too often.

The next TORn Amateur Symposium is a special edition: the Jubilee TAS to celebrate 60 years of FOTR! If you have an LOTR idea you would like to write about, we'd love to see your writing featured there!

Brethil
Half-elven

May 7 2014, 11:59pm

Post #29 of 34 (147 views)
Shortcut
Watch that tricksy Google Jinx, AJ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks to you for participating! It was a pleasure to feature your ideas.

As I posted upthread, we may indeed rework some scheduling ideas to lighten the weekend postings, if more folks find it easier to read and comment during weekdays (especially in a given hemisphere's summer, as Sir D. points out.)

Thanks so much for writing! And for the feedback; and keep us in mind if you get the writing bug again! Cool

Brethil
Half-elven

May 7 2014, 11:59pm

Post #30 of 34 (145 views)
Shortcut
Lovely idea! // [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Methinks I'll use the time between now and then to touch up the paper I wrote for my Theology and Cinema course on the spiritual theme of self-sacrifice in the ROTK movie and it's connection to Christian theology and try submitting that!Smile

BlackFox
Half-elven

May 8 2014, 7:54am

Post #31 of 34 (150 views)
Shortcut
Tell me about it... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Still, that pesky Real Life does interfere with important things all too often.

"Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." - Henry David Thoreau

Brethil
Half-elven

May 16 2014, 12:13pm

Post #32 of 34 (114 views)
Shortcut
Just a THANK YOU! [In reply to] Can't Post

Broadcasted to all who read along, participated in discussions and of course, especially to our authors. Thanks for making up our little community and sharing ideas. We are all anticipating another great TAS experience in July!
Cool

cats16
Half-elven

May 17 2014, 4:56am

Post #33 of 34 (123 views)
Shortcut
*Very* late response here [In reply to] Can't Post

As always, a fantastic lineup of pieces by all involved. I only wish I had had the time to read through them all and engage in the discussions. I will say that Google Drive worked nicely for me, as I use it quite often.

Job well done TAS team, once again! Hoping to have some time when TAS4 (sounds like we're abbreviating movie sequels, here!) comes around. Smile

*applause*

Brethil
Half-elven

May 25 2014, 10:31am

Post #34 of 34 (117 views)
Shortcut
A Cat is never late... [In reply to] Can't Post

...ah well you know the rest of that phrase!!Wink
Thanks for the input Cats! The serial names are becoming quite fun and each TAS seems to have its own 'vibe' too. I wonder what's in store for TAS4 (a rhyme, but sorry, not a very good one).
Very glad Google behaved for you.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.