17+ 3 / 100%
3 total votes

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

May 2 2014, 2:20pm

Post #1 of 4 (254 views)
Shortcut
A question about tumblr Can't Post

I have lately been curious about getting one for creative and recreational purposes only. However, i have heard some of the bad rep it has gotten and have become a bit hesitant. I am aware that they now have an improved filtering system in place that supposedly blocks inappropiate content but still. I really do not want to encounter any of this and I also need to reassure my parents as well as myself that it is safe. Have any of you had any bad experiences with tumblr? Do you know of any younger people having had bad experiences? Just hoping for some advice here.

Additional information. I am seventeen if that's important.

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

May 3 2014, 8:11pm

Post #2 of 4 (171 views)
Shortcut
So it seems that the age range is higher than I thought. [In reply to] Can't Post

Still apprehensive.

CathrineB
Rohan

May 4 2014, 10:00am

Post #3 of 4 (152 views)
Shortcut
Hi [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm on tumblr and yes there can be quite a few inappropriate content, but there are ways to keep them from showing up.
Many use Tumblr savior:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tumblr-savior/oefddkjnflmjbclpnnoegglmmdfkidip

Download it and you can put in tags you like to block. Like Nsfw (not safe for work), bunnies, cookies etc. Basically what you find inappropriate.
Also there's that to be careful about who you follow.

I didn't like tumblr in the start because of various reasons, but it grew on me and I'm used to it now. I know I can block things or unfollow people posting things I don't like and such so that helps.

But if you are 100% unsure about it don't feel pressured to make a blog you don't want.

(This post was edited by CathrineB on May 4 2014, 10:03am)

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

May 4 2014, 12:29pm

Post #4 of 4 (150 views)
Shortcut
Thank you for replying! [In reply to] Can't Post

I really would love one but was hesitant because I was afraid that the filters I set up wouldn't be enough. But I think if I am careful I can make it work should I decide to have one. Thank you!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.