Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Could Legolas get a scar similar to Thranduils?

Bernhardina
Rohan

Apr 22 2014, 10:19am

Post #1 of 13 (890 views)
Shortcut
Could Legolas get a scar similar to Thranduils? Can't Post

Since the elvenking can hide his scar whenever he likes, Legolas should be able to do this too, right? So it would not make any difference in the LOTR trilogy if he got a scar. I just think it would be interesting to see PJ really hurt Legolas in a life threatening way now that he has a cover up thing that makes it possible.

On the other hand, it would have to be Smaug and Legolas is clearly on his way away from Laketown. I guess he won't even be there at the attack... well, well Tongue what do you think? Would you hate it to see the most ninja of all ninja elves get torn apart like a piece of cloth? I myself think I would appreciate Legolas courage in LOTR even more if he had a near-death experience in TABA!

Beorn's Bees
Lorien

Apr 22 2014, 10:35am

Post #2 of 13 (528 views)
Shortcut
Yeah [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it would make Leggy seem a lot less invincible, in a good way.

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Apr 22 2014, 12:23pm

Post #3 of 13 (513 views)
Shortcut
A whole of hurt would be cool... but not like Daddy's [In reply to] Can't Post

It would be so been there done that. Plus Legolas has taken quite a bit of his father's screentime already. Let him get a lifer in another way. Smile

Fan of both books and movies. Oh, and it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Thranduil Appreciation: I, II, III

book Gandalf
Rohan

Apr 22 2014, 12:36pm

Post #4 of 13 (506 views)
Shortcut
no [In reply to] Can't Post

so what..chop a few limbs off? have them grow back?

this whole thing from pj is ridiculous, and makes no sense., the hobbit is just a book, when you start trying to get into the details of the world it will fall apart so just stick to the story.

so in answer to your question. no.

This is a serious journey, not a hobbit walking-party.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Apr 22 2014, 1:35pm

Post #5 of 13 (470 views)
Shortcut
Agree, book Gandalf [In reply to] Can't Post

Why on Earth should he have a scar? Who cares, anyway? There are far more important, canon things that need to be taken care of in the film than this sort of pointless trivia.

In Reply To
so what..chop a few limbs off? have them grow back?

this whole thing from pj is ridiculous, and makes no sense., the hobbit is just a book, when you start trying to get into the details of the world it will fall apart so just stick to the story.

so in answer to your question. no.

tsmith675
Gondor

Apr 22 2014, 1:48pm

Post #6 of 13 (441 views)
Shortcut
I don't think so. [In reply to] Can't Post

We already got to see Legolas bleed his own blood during the fight with Bolg. I really liked that because it showed that Legolas isn't invulnerable. And I thought that was great and worked really well. I don't think he has to get any scars like Thranduil.

Our destiny lies above us.

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Apr 22 2014, 2:01pm

Post #7 of 13 (431 views)
Shortcut
It is not necessary. [In reply to] Can't Post

Legola's bleeding was enough.Thranduil's scar was a nice moment.I am not sure if i remember right,but i think i had read that the whole scar idea was proposed by Lee Pace himself.Correct me if i am wrong.

"Obsession and narrow-mindness is the trend of the 2000's and synonyms to many Tolkien fanatics"

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Apr 22 2014, 2:25pm

Post #8 of 13 (421 views)
Shortcut
Meh. [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't see what the point of that would be since there would be no reference to it in LOTR. I think that nosebleed is the worst injury Leggy will ever get.

"But there’s empty cross, there’s an empty tomb
Fire and wind now sweeping in this tiny upper room
There’s a hungry world, there’s a risen King
Unlock the doors, what reason more could we ever need?
So sing with me, I dare you to
Because there’s an empty cross; there’s an empty tomb"
~Empty (Disciples)-sung by Dan Haseltine and Matt Hammitt

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Apr 22 2014, 11:39pm

Post #9 of 13 (307 views)
Shortcut
Lets be nice to the op [In reply to] Can't Post

Interesting thought but not really something I am expecting.

CathrineB
Rohan

Apr 23 2014, 10:41am

Post #10 of 13 (254 views)
Shortcut
Agree [In reply to] Can't Post

What would even be the point?

Loresilme
Valinor

Apr 23 2014, 12:44pm

Post #11 of 13 (251 views)
Shortcut
I expect Legolas' hurt will be emotional rather than physical [In reply to] Can't Post

Just my UUT ... I think Legolas will have some painful realizations and/or losses to deal with at the end of TABA, but I don't think they will be physical.

vanima ephel
Rivendell

Apr 23 2014, 11:18pm

Post #12 of 13 (211 views)
Shortcut
I agree with Loresilme [In reply to] Can't Post

But I also agree with you. However, I'm more of the opinion, lately, that Thranduil's scars are not physical, - they're scars on his soul. And Legolas may well have some of his own before this Hobbit trilogy is over, but I don't think he's ever going to be as flamboyantly dramatic as his dad and show them off in any future, heated confrontation. Wink

"I dissent, even at the risk of being held incorrect or not sober."

Rickster
Rohan

Apr 24 2014, 7:57pm

Post #13 of 13 (174 views)
Shortcut
no. we do not want it [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.