End of the road for the prequel?
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Avandel
Half-elven

Apr 21 2014, 11:28pm

Post #51 of 57 (126 views)
Shortcut
Same here [In reply to] Can't Post

If it wasn't the snow (or sleet - or ice, or black ice) it was just unpleasant. Not that I didn't see DOS a lot in a theater, I did, but not as much as I would have. No matter *cackles madly* I have my BR now. Just haven't been able to free up time to do a back to back AUJ to DOS marathon yet!

"Richard Armitage’s performance has been one of the best things about the new trilogy, making you believe that a hairy dwarf, so often the comedy element of the LOTR films, can be a heroic, tortured, and dangerous badass." - Den of Geek, The Hobbit: There & Back Again, 7 Apr 2014 - 07:07

Glorfindela
Valinor

Apr 22 2014, 12:05am

Post #52 of 57 (131 views)
Shortcut
There is this… [In reply to] Can't Post

At least you can be reminded of Thorin every time you hit a pothole – and that is certainly no bad thing.

In Reply To
Yep, our roads are still trashed, and where I am doesn't even begin to compare to other areas. Unsure
Potholes that look like that mining pit Thorin jumped into in DOS - worse at night when you are driving along and *BLAM*

patrickk
Rohan

Apr 22 2014, 3:07am

Post #53 of 57 (110 views)
Shortcut
The value of the $US explains a lot: for example in Australia... [In reply to] Can't Post

...also had a ~10% depreciation which would account for most of the drop there. A bit of a tedious task but checking relative exchange rates across the year may also be instructive. Generally the US$ was srengthening over that year, but of course not against all currencies. Looking at the Euro over the year the depreciation agasinst the $US was 5%, so over all Europe was up when adjusted for rate fluctuations. The British Pound went down $0.15 or around 10% which explains the entire drop there. So overall outside of the US DOS was well up on AUJ. Not the final is not in from China so $960 is probably the final.

patrickk
Rohan

Apr 22 2014, 3:11am

Post #54 of 57 (110 views)
Shortcut
I think the reverse... [In reply to] Can't Post

...of 20% fall occurred only in he US. When an adjusted to US dollar appreciation over the year we are comparing, the figures are up everywhere and in the UK was much the same. The UK pound went down around 15% against the dollar. There is a veyr lomg bow being drawn here about a plan 'backfiring'. Seems a good result all-in-all!!!

Kim
Valinor

Apr 22 2014, 3:48am

Post #55 of 57 (111 views)
Shortcut
Well you know what that means [In reply to] Can't Post

time to move to the West Coast! It hardly ever snows here, or gets too much below freezing. Angelic

"Jagatud rõõm on topelt rõõm - a shared joy is a double joy". ~Estonian saying

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_collapsed

Noria
Gondor

Apr 22 2014, 1:46pm

Post #56 of 57 (84 views)
Shortcut
As long as movies make money. the studios don't care if they are prequels, sequels or reboots. [In reply to] Can't Post

AUJ and DoS have been very successful so, if anything, the studios should be encouraged to make more prequels.

I agree with Otaku-sempai that it's normal for a sequel like DoS to make a little less money, TTT and a few others being exceptions to that trend.

Hamfast Gamgee
Tol Eressea

Apr 22 2014, 10:58pm

Post #57 of 57 (62 views)
Shortcut
Well, if nothing else [In reply to] Can't Post

This thread does seem to have produced a lively discussion about how things might have been different had the Hobbit been made first!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.