After further review, it just doesn't make sense
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Apr 22 2014, 4:03am

Post #51 of 53 (122 views)
Shortcut
Thorin's last stand [In reply to] Can't Post

it was more like a last stand, he knew he was doomed so he took the going out fighting approach hints; "If this is to end in fire than we shall all burn together."

The flames of war are upon you.

Bernhardina
Rohan

Apr 22 2014, 10:55am

Post #52 of 53 (118 views)
Shortcut
Your last point [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree the action scenes in the Hobbit tend to get a bit silly. BUT this is a childrens story. It is not a gritty GoT type of film. Why on earth would you even wan't a GoT kind of adaption for the Hobbit? That's an awful idea, with all due respect.

I disagree completely with your last statement: "Game of Thrones is for a more mature audience". You mean close ups of naked women and old men drinking wine and laughing while torturing hookers, that's more mature than an actual epic adventure story about love and friendship? Unimpressed I am sorry, GoT is not bad but if you love it so much, then go watch some episodes and enjoy the tension of the dialouge. I am going to turn on DoS now and enjoy the tension of Thranduil vs Thorin, Balin vs. Thorin, Gandalf vs. Bilbo, Bilbo vs. Thorin, Bilbo vs. Smaug, Bard vs. Alfrid... (I could go on forever)

TnuaccayM
Bree

Apr 22 2014, 12:22pm

Post #53 of 53 (106 views)
Shortcut
To read it and to see it are different things. [In reply to] Can't Post

As I said, that may work in the book, but to put that into a movie would have being confusing and boring. You need to put something in the film that everybody is able to understand and at the same time entertain the audience. Seeing a dragon get angry after talking to an invisible hobbit because he perceived a conspiracy between dwarves and men just simply wouldn't have worked on film.

And yes, Smaug could have eaten Bilbo, but is the fact that he doesn't that is most important. It shows that the dragon is trying to know why Bilbo is there and play mindgames with him. As he says when he is just about to throw fire on him, ''I think our little GAME ends here''. That shows that he was just playing with him. And as for the dragon being able to destroy an entire civilization and not 13 dwarves and a hobbit, well, he didn't destroy any civilization. He just attacked Dale and Erebor and stayed there. He killed some of them and the rest just fled.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.