Who would win?

"Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." - Henry David Thoreau

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Tol Eressea

Apr 20 2014, 6:04pm

Post #2 of 8 (3587 views)
Shortcut
Brienne [In reply to] Can't Post

She's a brute, with fearsome raw strength and ferocity and tons of successful fighting experience, against fighter after fighter after fighter. I haven't read the entire ASOIAF or watched GoT series up to date yet but that's my impression so far. I don't see those things in Eowyn as much.

Eowyn was brave and had skills, but I think Brienne would have killed the Witchking even faster than Eowyn did (assuming all other things being equal, i.e. Merry helping with his barrow blade). As for head to head match, sorry Eowyn, you're just not ready, IMO. BTW I'm more of a LOTR fan than a ASOIAF / GoT fan

Things overheard during games of chess in Middle-earth:

Galadriel (any and every time she advances her pawn to the last row): "In its place you would have a QUEEN!!!!" (thunder booms)

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_expanded;

Darkstone
Immortal

Apr 21 2014, 6:58pm

Post #3 of 8 (3575 views)
Shortcut
Eowyn [In reply to] Can't Post

Eowyn squares off with courtesy and respect towards a fellow female warrior.

Overcome with emotion Brienne yields and swears loyalty to her.

https://www.facebook.com/slatesforsarah

(This post was edited by Darkstone on Apr 21 2014, 7:00pm)

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 21 2014, 7:04pm

Post #4 of 8 (3554 views)
Shortcut
Yup, I believe this is the likeliest of scenarios // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." - Henry David Thoreau

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 22 2014, 2:58am

Post #5 of 8 (3549 views)
Shortcut
*win* / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Elanor of Rohan
Lorien

Apr 22 2014, 3:23pm

Post #6 of 8 (3561 views)
Shortcut
Brienne is no brute [In reply to] Can't Post

She is fearless, stubborn, blindly devoted to the causes she believes in: she would have died defending Renly and her greatest regret is that she could nothing against the shadow that killed her King.
Her only reason to go on is finding the two Stark girls alive and save them.
Her first killing leaves her deeply shocked (and it happens in the 4th book, not as soon as we meet her, but we all know that TV series prefer badass fighters, don't we?).

So she would have never fought against Eowyn lightly: anyway, she is physically stronger but Eowyn is equally skilled with a blade and almost as fearless (or desperate). A chance victory for the one or the other.
Wink (What would you expect from me, look at my Avatar..)

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Tol Eressea

Apr 22 2014, 5:26pm

Post #7 of 8 (3556 views)
Shortcut
wrong word, my bad [In reply to] Can't Post

I was thinking of her brute size and strength, not her character. I should have said it differently.

Things overheard during games of chess in Middle-earth:

Galadriel (any and every time she advances her pawn to the last row): "In its place you would have a QUEEN!!!!" (thunder booms)

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_expanded;

phij2
Rivendell

Apr 28 2014, 7:05pm

Post #8 of 8 (3574 views)
Shortcut
Brienne.. [In reply to] Can't Post

would probably beat Eowyn as far as strength in actual battle went

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.