Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
RA re TABA - nice moments w. Aidan Turner?

Avandel
Half-elven

Apr 18 2014, 7:36pm

Post #1 of 5 (1063 views)
Shortcut
RA re TABA - nice moments w. Aidan Turner? Can't Post

http://www.joe.ie/joe-meets/joe-meets-richard-armitage-star-of-the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug/

"JOE: Yeah, it was brilliant news for the film and for Aidan as well. You obviously spotted his incredible talent up close when you were working on The Hobbit films with him…
Richard: Yeah, he was such a great guy to work with. He was playing my nephew which was a little bit disconcerting considering that we’re not that far away in age, but he’s a great guy and he’s made something really exciting with that character. We’ve got some nice moments coming up in the third movie together."
Now I'm really curious - am sure one of these moments will be the reunion, and possibly something tragic - but hmm, what else? Thorin feeling bad when he finds out Kili nearly died - or proudly showing off Erebor, finally? Or fighting side by side? *sniff/tears* Or is there some irony here, in that there will be some "nice" arguments between the two? And please let it be that Fili is coming into his own - more Fili is needed!

Most of this article is stuff probably a lot of us know already, but:
"It’s kind of mind-blowing what happens on that set in terms of the props and costumes. They have book binders and glass blowers that create things that you can’t go out and buy. If you look at the detail on the Lake Town set (in The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug) some of the glasses have specific carvings into the glass and the cutlery – it’s astonishing and the camera sees it all."
Now I will be looking for those details on my BR.

"Richard Armitage’s performance has been one of the best things about the new trilogy, making you believe that a hairy dwarf, so often the comedy element of the LOTR films, can be a heroic, tortured, and dangerous badass." - Den of Geek, The Hobbit: There & Back Again, 7 Apr 2014 - 07:07

(This post was edited by Avandel on Apr 18 2014, 7:37pm)

LPUAdit
The Shire

Apr 18 2014, 9:28pm

Post #2 of 5 (720 views)
Shortcut
I like this... [In reply to] Can't Post

..a lot! I am very excited to see scenes with Thorin and Kili or even Fili.

I really hope the third movie is very powerful when it comes to emotions!

marillaraina
Rohan

Apr 18 2014, 10:30pm

Post #3 of 5 (697 views)
Shortcut
That's my boy [In reply to] Can't Post

They are only about 11 years apart in age I think so it must be a little strange, he's supposed to be the wizened uncle but I guess sometimes people have uncles and aunts who are around their own ages(in fact every once in a while you come across someone who has a niece or nephew who is a little OLDER than them lol) so it's not too bad. He's even closer in age to Dean.

But I'm really looking forward their scenes together in TABA, because I thought that scene when Thorin was telling Kili to stay behind was a stand out, but I wonder what they will be? Hopefully some sort of scene when he's showing them Erebor. We know from an old interview during the first film that they have some sort of dramatic scene together in TABA because Richard mentioned it. So maybe a nice moment or two between them before the drama really sets in.

Avandel
Half-elven

Apr 18 2014, 11:25pm

Post #4 of 5 (702 views)
Shortcut
Standout performances all around [In reply to] Can't Post

"because I thought that scene when Thorin was telling Kili to stay behind was a stand out"

Definitely - was SO impressed with RA, AT and DO in that scene. Aidan Turner IMO may have been termed the "hot dwarf" but I've always thought through AUJ and DOS - he's GOOD, as is Dean O'Gorman who I hope really comes to the front. Richard Armitage - just extraordinary. I think the company finally reuniting will be very moving (as it's not just the Heirs of Durin, Oin is in Laketown as well, and Bofur).

So I just watched an LOTR clip of the battles at Helm's Deep and at Minas Tirith - re TABA I think I finally understand why PJ was uneasy about "competing" with himself. I forget how incredible those scenes are. So if there's going to be a tragedy with my favorites in TABA, I was thinking (those these aren't the right words) that Peter Jackson needs to make it worth it ("worthy of a song" so to speak). Now I'm feeling a little sorry for PJ - trying to top himself! But at least he has actors that are completely epic.

"Richard Armitage’s performance has been one of the best things about the new trilogy, making you believe that a hairy dwarf, so often the comedy element of the LOTR films, can be a heroic, tortured, and dangerous badass." - Den of Geek, The Hobbit: There & Back Again, 7 Apr 2014 - 07:07

Elanor of Rohan
Lorien

Apr 19 2014, 9:58am

Post #5 of 5 (595 views)
Shortcut
Impossible to compete [In reply to] Can't Post

with the charge of the Rohirrim cavalry (have you noticed Dernhelm turning his/her face away when King Theoden gets near?) Bernard Hill was perfect with his marvellous speech: Ride for ruin and the world's ending. Forth Eorlingas..." My God, it's breathtaking, with the reprise of the Rohan theme with the Norwegian fiddle during the charge...

And later on, the fight between Eowyn and Witch King (not to mention Merry) and Eomer finding his beloved sister unconscious on the battlefield and crying all his despair...
So you see, epic scenes and intimate moments... very difficult to recreate... but there's plenty of opportunities...

I only hope less Tauriel and more Fili, please, together with Thorin and Kili

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.