Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*looks around, unlocks doors* Welcome to Friday Fiesta!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 18 2014, 6:32pm

Post #26 of 47 (482 views)
Shortcut
Just the usual. [In reply to] Can't Post

I've mailed a box of goodies to my daughter (even though the kid could buy them herself, it's still nice to receive a package from home). With the kids all older, Easter tends to be quiet here nowadays after the church service!

Oh, yes, the egg that goes missing! Tongue Back in the '60s when my parents were building a house, it was near completion at the time of my birthday, and near Easter, so they put lots of small wrapped chocolate eggs around the house and let my friends and I go hunting for them.

Decades later, they were still finding chocolate eggs. Yes, very important to count how many you put out! Laugh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Escapist
Gondor

Apr 18 2014, 6:41pm

Post #27 of 47 (481 views)
Shortcut
cofee with caramel ice cream or rum and coke ... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll take one of each!

I have been lamenting the "maturation" and "natural progression" of my nuclear family and old high school clique as us latebloomers finally start the "pairing off" thing. That being said, I am lucky these things have lingered so long at the age of 35 and fear this Sunday may be one of the last (if not the last) that we celebrate together. There are 5 of us left here with 1 being a very recent addition and an additional possibility of one more. I "commented" about it quite a bit - otherwise "the last" may have already been behind us. I will miss it when it passes so I had better enjoy it while I still can!

I decorated some plastic eggs by beading them (to be filled with discount candy after the holiday) and decorated a basket to a point of questionable detail and finery (found some LED glowing flowers at the garden store). I haven't really made it to church since my dad passed 5 years ago and when I do, I usually cry - so not this year. Getting over that will hopefully be a big part of my future with this holiday!

Otherwise my grandpa and I have our usual Friday gathering. That's another thing to enjoy while I can! But since it is Good Friday, it might be a little fancier than usual (but not much different). This usually involves quite a bit of talk about politics and TV (my weekly dose of both - typically avoided otherwise).

If all the world's a stage then who's writing the script?

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 18 2014, 7:01pm

Post #28 of 47 (478 views)
Shortcut
Both it is! [In reply to] Can't Post

...Oh dear; I'm really sorry about your father. *hugs*

I hope you have a very nice weekend with your family and friends, Escapist!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 18 2014, 7:02pm

Post #29 of 47 (473 views)
Shortcut
*Sets out Self-Serve sign* Thanks for having me as a sub today, everyone; and I hope you all have a great Easter weekend! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Escapist
Gondor

Apr 18 2014, 7:07pm

Post #30 of 47 (480 views)
Shortcut
Thank you ... for both [In reply to] Can't Post

I need to be more in the "here and now" I think and less upset about things that haven't happened yet!

But maybe I am a bit more ... sentimental ... I just remembered (it must be "eating at me") ... today we also release my kitty's ashes (the one in the picture)! He was always so happy in mom's backyard :)
Normally I am pretty quiet on the internet these days but I think that detail is pushing me over the edge lately ...

Bombadil
Half-elven

Apr 18 2014, 7:37pm

Post #31 of 47 (481 views)
Shortcut
Bombyzz Baby, "Aragorn" looks so much like your Baby.. [In reply to] Can't Post

he and his sister "Arwen"
are about seven years old NOW

He is a Grey Tabby
She is a Tuxedo Feline "FemeFatal"

Inseparble..
don't know what Bomby would do without them...

Bombyzz Drink?

Killian's Irish Red Beer
w/ 100% Spicy Vegetable Juice.
Mixed 50/50...

So GOOD for your digestion...

You won't see
Bomby ordering ANY Hard Liquor NEVER and Forever
& so I'd make the worst
Bartender.

With the Broncos setting a Season Record for
TouchDowns
That izz Alot of Free Shots that Bomby
TURNED down?

Colorado is Cool Now, 78 degrees & Yet
Technically our LAST Freeze Date
is May 6th in Downtown Denver!!

So, getting my Vines goin'
Mostly Morning Glories & MoonFlower
With Nasturtiums, and Comos, too

By August Bombyzz
Balcony will
Be a Jungle.

Also, This year some
Russell Lupines in
Memory of Goldberry!

Hopefully Attach some pix
to a Friday Fiesta Thread in August

HeartHeartHeartHeart

Meneldor
Valinor

Apr 18 2014, 8:18pm

Post #32 of 47 (471 views)
Shortcut
You'll be starring in my nightmares tonight! ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

Woohoo! BlackFox says I'm a star! Sly

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.

Starling
Half-elven

Apr 18 2014, 8:44pm

Post #33 of 47 (463 views)
Shortcut
It's lucky you weren't planning to be [In reply to] Can't Post

in this play. There is one very red-faced council official walking around. Apparently she didn't quite understand what the word 'passion' meant in the context of a Passion play. Blush

And yes, your Judas is ever so slightly creepy.

(This post was edited by Starling on Apr 18 2014, 8:46pm)

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 18 2014, 8:50pm

Post #34 of 47 (459 views)
Shortcut
And I expect an autograph in return! ;) // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." - Henry David Thoreau

Kim
Valinor

Apr 18 2014, 8:51pm

Post #35 of 47 (456 views)
Shortcut
Friday at last! [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, the last 2 weeks have been rather crazy/busy work-wise, I had to work most of last weekend, which I haven't had to do in about 5 years. I'm looking forward to a (hopefully) quiet weekend. Will probably curl up with DOS again as it appears winter isn't quite done, but it's not snowing, so I'm not complaining (much).

I'll just help myself to a Diet Coke to power through the rest of the day.

Happy Easter everyone! Smile

"Jagatud rõõm on topelt rõõm - a shared joy is a double joy". ~Estonian saying

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_collapsed

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Apr 18 2014, 8:52pm

Post #36 of 47 (456 views)
Shortcut
Bummer! [In reply to] Can't Post

If it is any consolation I was sick over my birthday two years in a row. Being sick stinks.

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Apr 18 2014, 8:53pm

Post #37 of 47 (453 views)
Shortcut
By the way can I have a lemonade? I am underage so no alcohol lol [In reply to] Can't Post

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 18 2014, 8:57pm

Post #38 of 47 (449 views)
Shortcut
Have a great weekend, everybody! [In reply to] Can't Post

And...

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 18 2014, 9:03pm

Post #39 of 47 (441 views)
Shortcut
It does, doesn't it? [In reply to] Can't Post

But at least I don't have to feel bad about spending awfully lot of time on TORn instead of studying. Laugh

weaver
Half-elven

Apr 18 2014, 9:16pm

Post #40 of 47 (438 views)
Shortcut
Not too sure about those cooks! [In reply to] Can't Post

But the larder looks lucious, and it looks like there will be plenty of drinks and entertaining guests around! Thanks for the sneak preview of the fun to come!

Weaver

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Apr 19 2014, 1:48am

Post #41 of 47 (442 views)
Shortcut
The good news is that I'm less stressed. The bad news is that I had to say goodbye to a horse. [In reply to] Can't Post

And not the the horse we've all been expecting to go sometime in the near future, either. :/

I actually managed to get a lot accomplished this week, somehow. Yard/garden work that should have been done loooong before this, but had to be put off again last year because of surgery and recovery, was only delayed by weather this year. And I didn't kill any kids to get it done. They survived the time-outs and went home. ;) I was only half-alive afterwards, though. We met this fellow, and I think he understood my situation...perfectly!

The rain, snow, and cold temps this week damaged some flowers and blooming trees.
Poor magnolias! So pretty before the frost!

The 'orchid' daffodils and early tulips fared better, but don't look quite this good now.

But there *are* flowers for Easter this year, and that's good enough for me!

I'll have a rootbeer float...and a red dreamboat sundae back in the kitchen...I know my way around here ;)

NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd
NARF: NWtS Chapter Member since June 17,2011

Escapist
Gondor

Apr 19 2014, 2:03am

Post #42 of 47 (423 views)
Shortcut
pics would be cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

My herbs are going ... kinda sad that last year it was a "cat garden" ... kinda sad ...

I am missing the kitty - heard some batties squeaking in the fireplace ...

Escapist
Gondor

Apr 19 2014, 2:06am

Post #43 of 47 (428 views)
Shortcut
sorry about the horse [In reply to] Can't Post

It can sometimes be quite surprising! But it is something that always must be faced with having animal friends around Unimpressed

Meneldor
Valinor

Apr 19 2014, 5:13am

Post #44 of 47 (417 views)
Shortcut
Closing night is done! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it went even better than opening night. And we had a good videocamera setup, so we'll put it on youtube soon. How do these announcements go? "Principle photography has wrapped, there will be some pickup shots on Sunday, and then the film will go into post-production for release in the near future." Ooh, I sound so Hollywood! Laugh

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.

Kim
Valinor

Apr 19 2014, 5:19am

Post #45 of 47 (413 views)
Shortcut
When are you doing your ADR? [In reply to] Can't Post

Will there be a prologue? Will you be posting a vlog soon? We need to see the behind the scenes making of stuff!

Congrats on a successful run. And yes, you did look creepy. Smile

"Jagatud rõõm on topelt rõõm - a shared joy is a double joy". ~Estonian saying

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_collapsed

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Apr 19 2014, 2:27pm

Post #46 of 47 (413 views)
Shortcut
Wow [In reply to] Can't Post

You have beautiful photographs! Thank you for sharing.

Annael
Immortal

Apr 20 2014, 3:06pm

Post #47 of 47 (397 views)
Shortcut
sorry about both your horses [In reply to] Can't Post

the horse-human bond is a special one, I think; more a meeting of equals than a master-pet one. As Le Guin says, a horse agrees to the relationship, but on its own terms.

The way we imagine our lives is the way we are going to go on living our lives.

- James Hillman, Healing Fiction

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.