Present situation (meaning job, home location, etc.) 6 / 19%
32 total votes

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

Apr 16 2014, 2:33pm

Post #1 of 8 (409 views)
Shortcut
Navel-gazing time! If you could instantly change Can't Post

just one defining thing about yourself, what would it be?

I would seriously consider the first -- goodbye goofy nose! But I've reached an age where I'm really trying to embrace my own unique surface. Past decision? Plenty of choices I'd have to pick from but I think every wrong way I've ever gone has still helped shape who I am today and gotten me to my present very fortunate situation so ....

Definitely it would have to be a personality trait. Though deciding which one to adjust still leaves me with rather a gnarly dilemma. I may have an embarrassment of riches there! Laugh

Anybody else feeling philosophical today?

Annael
Immortal

Apr 16 2014, 2:46pm

Post #2 of 8 (301 views)
Shortcut
past decision [In reply to] Can't Post

there was a time that I did not honor my intuition about a person. My life would be the same now if I had, but I would have spared myself 10 years of marriage to the wrong person and the subsequent fallout.

However, I've learned to live with the fact that we make the only decision we CAN make at the time we make it. I was not the person I am now, then, and probably that experience is why I now trust my gut instincts so much.

If I could go back and tell my 20-somthing self anything, it would be "never stop doing yoga - at least, until Pilates comes in and then do that"; "take singing lessons!"; and "never diet. Just don't eat bread or sugary things."

RangerLady23
Lorien

Apr 16 2014, 5:08pm

Post #3 of 8 (285 views)
Shortcut
Well, I don't care for my nose either! [In reply to] Can't Post

But I would probably just go back and try to do my life better knowing what I know now.

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Apr 17 2014, 8:46pm

Post #4 of 8 (231 views)
Shortcut
Present situation: getting paid to do the stuff I'm good at would be nice// [In reply to] Can't Post

ryouko
Lorien

Apr 19 2014, 12:08am

Post #5 of 8 (217 views)
Shortcut
kinda a hard one [In reply to] Can't Post

I would have voted past decision, but I've come to live with the choices I've made. But one thing I would love to get rid of is the double chin I have. Even though it wouldn't change my looks any, I'd feel less ugly. And losing weight isn't going to do anything about it, as it comes down to genetics. All the women in my mom's family have it, no matter what weight they are. I'm usually fine about it, unless I happen to catch my reflection just right and am reminded how hideous it looks.

Oh well...

Darkstone
Immortal

Apr 21 2014, 6:19pm

Post #6 of 8 (231 views)
Shortcut
More discipline. [In reply to] Can't Post

Distraction and procrastination are big problems for me, though admittedly they often lead to serendipitous delights

So...better eyes so I could read the directions on my eye medicine. (Of course if I could read the directions I wouldn't need it.)

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

Apr 23 2014, 2:34pm

Post #7 of 8 (188 views)
Shortcut
The votes in the various ballots [In reply to] Can't Post

Are running a lot closer than I thought they would. Interesting! Part of me thinks the divisions might be age - related. Too late to add age options for voters. Unimpressed

Cirashala
Valinor

Apr 24 2014, 7:16am

Post #8 of 8 (184 views)
Shortcut
smaller boobs [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, I said it. I have 38D's, and they are constantly killing my back and neck (had 34B before having kids). Also would love to get rid of my "baby tummy"- my girls were tall babies, and I'm only 5 foot 1/2 inch tall (1.5m, for those who aren't in the US Smile- or, for comparison, about the same height as Kili, according to WETA, and shorter than both Thorin and Dwalin Tongue) with narrow hips, so I got stretch marks like crazy, and they don't shrink back after the babies are born Pirate Come to think of it, both issues were caused by my girls with the pregnancies. Love them dearly, but they gave me two things that cause constant back, neck and shoulder pain Frown

Also my hair. It's honey colored blonde that turns a good red if the sun catches it, and it's super curly. Downside is that it's also very fine, and super curly, blondish/red, fine hair are ALL types that break easily Frown I want to grow it to my waist, if not the top of my butt, but keep getting setbacks where I have to cut it to above my shoulders because of this issue- I would LOVE stronger hair! By the time It got to the bottom of my shoulder blades and almost to my waist (recently) nearly half of it was only 3 inches long! And it was under the long part, but still....of course, a dyeing job gone bad resulting in 4 dyes to the same batch of hair before it was finally corrected properly scorched it Pirate No more dyeing for me!

(This post was edited by Cirashala on Apr 24 2014, 7:18am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.