Bomby
Before Passing into West?

A LOTR Denium Jacket
http://www.lotrfanshop.com/

Well it so
Wellworn itzz
gettin' Frayed
@ the Sleve ends...

Amazin' Thingies HAPPEN while wearin' it.

A littl' ol' lady with a walker @ a Grocery Store
Saw it..& looked me in the Eyes-
"Is that Jewish?"

"No, it's Elvish!"

Her Eyes LIGHT up @ a smile across her
Face from ear to ear. Walked away gigglin'
Bomby made her DAY!

Another time in the same store
a Homeless Guy & his Cronie
were walkin behind me..
one said.. "AUH, Know what that izzz..
Soooo.mRingThing?"

Also, some "TattoedGothTwentyrSomething"
& Girlfriend?
came running & wanted to take pictures
"OH! and there is Elvin Brooch on the Front!'

They needed one each,
so Told them to Google it...

It's amazzing'
What a
WIDE Sectrunm of
People are
Pleased to see thizz.

Goldberryzz
Gift jus keeps on
Giving!

HeartAngelic

(This post was edited by Bombadil on Apr 16 2014, 1:37am)

silneldor
Half-elven

Apr 16 2014, 4:34am

Post #2 of 7 (292 views)
Shortcut
That is a fine question Bomby. [In reply to] Can't Post

That was a nice story you told too

Hmm. Well, it looks i may be first here. I have two Tolkien tattoos. I have a green jacket with Tolkien embroidered on the back in gold.

But i think the most important thing is, to take fellowship to heart and to be a deeply caring person in turn. The fellowship of the nine is deeply felt thing to me. So i feel that if i am to respect Tolkien, i should take his lesson on fellowship.

But i revere trees and nature as well as he was known to do. He got it right and i aim to too.

" 'Fair lady Goldberry!' said Frodo at last, feeling his heart move with a joy that he did not understand. He stood as he had at times stood enchanted by fair elven-voices; but the spell that was now laid upon him was different: less keen and lofty was the delight, but deeper and nearer to mortal heart; marvellous and yet not strange."

Chapter VII: In the House of Tom Bombadil; FOTR's

Faerie contains many things besides elves and fays and besides dwarfs, witches, trolls, giants or dragons; it holds the seas, the sun, the moon, the sky; and the earth, and all things that are one in it: tree and bird, water and stone, wine and bread, and ourselves, mortal men, when we are enchanted."
— J.R.R. Tolkien

demnation
Rohan

Apr 16 2014, 5:14am

Post #3 of 7 (289 views)
Shortcut
By taking the positive things [In reply to] Can't Post

I've learned from his work and try to live by them. Also, by buying everything with his name on it or anything associated with his work! I plan to get a Tolkien tatoo (probably the JRRT symbol) some day, too.

"It is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succour of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule." Gandalf, "The Last Debate."

Darkstone
Immortal

Apr 16 2014, 5:16am

Post #4 of 7 (313 views)
Shortcut
Try to show respect and tolerance towards my fellow Tolkien fans. [In reply to] Can't Post

Frankly, the one and only thing I think that truly would have Tolkien spinning in his grave is people being mean and hateful to each other in his name.

Just IMHO.

https://www.facebook.com/slatesforsarah

Lissuin
Valinor

Apr 16 2014, 10:59am

Post #5 of 7 (303 views)
Shortcut
Now, that's an eye-opener, and no mistake. [In reply to] Can't Post

We should all have this as a tattoo, maybe in elvish Smile.

Try to show respect and tolerance towards my fellow Tolkien fans

I will endeavour to always keep that in mind, Darkstone, sir, for the Professor.

Bomby, my answer to your question:
I've tried to apply the qualities of perseverance and steadfastness so important in Tolkien's stories. Many times, Frodo, Sam, Bilbo, Aragorn, Eowyn and others have been on some difficult journey with me. His books have helped me often with life lessons where those qualities were needed, as I tend to prefer the easy and the fun. In things that really matter, I hope I've lived up to his examples.

RangerLady23
Lorien

Apr 16 2014, 4:50pm

Post #6 of 7 (267 views)
Shortcut
Well I have [In reply to] Can't Post

an Aragorn tee shirt that I wear a lot. I wear a gold One Ring around my neck all the time, it never comes off. Not in 9 years!
I have a silver ring on my finger engraved with "Lord of the Rings Forever". I plan on getting a tattoo. I have a mini license plate on my dash that says, "Aragorn."
And other than that, I just try to live it. I log on to TORn, I try to connect with other fans, my Facebook page is filled with Tolkien stuff.
I just love it and generally spread it any way I can!
Cool question, Bomby!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 18 2014, 10:53pm

Post #7 of 7 (231 views)
Shortcut
ooooo That's so cool, Bomby-one! [In reply to] Can't Post

My garage roof gives the weekend-warriors flying overhead in the choppers something to look at other than cows.

My cubicle at work has: Smeagol holding a fish (Sideshow), Cloth map of Middle-earth, Tolkien calendar, Minas Tirith dvd statue, pictures of LotR movie/books on cabinet, TORn mug & Hobbit mug; map from magazine of Hobbit movie; pictures & sayings/comments from TORn on the wall; floating-rings monitor screensaver; Frodo w/book lego; little ceramic fox and a bear; dragon plush doll; set of LotR, Hobbit, Sil, Tolkien Companion, Hobbit/Lotr Sparknotes; and *whispers* a Yahtzee game Tardis ;) People come and just sit to visit and look at everything.

I wear a TORn baseball hat and often my Obey t-shirt or a sweater given to cast/crew at the 1/2-way mark of LotR principle photography I got on eBay years ago.

Oh... and my license plate on my Ford Escape (escape in the Ford?) is hobbity. I was pulled over once by a State Trooper who warned me my tail-light was out and then asked me what the license plate meant. "Have you ever read The Lord of the Rings or read the book?" "No." "Oh. Well, they're little people who live in Middle-earth. You should watch the movies. They're really good!" "Uh-huh. Thank you, and drive carefully."

:)

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
3rd draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - January 2, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.