Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
What are we realistically likely to get in the DOS EE?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Cillendor
Lorien

Apr 16 2014, 4:14pm

Post #26 of 35 (361 views)
Shortcut
Either way, [In reply to] Can't Post

I highly doubt that Thranduil just spent his days sitting on his throne and bossing people around. Apart from ordering the removal of the Spiders, there wouldn't be much to do on a day-to-day basis. As haughty as the films portray him, he was probably much more personable and sociable with the Elves of his realm when not addressing the issue of Dwarf "intruders". (Though the comments of the Elves in the wine cellar might prove otherwise.)

Rickster
Rohan

Apr 16 2014, 9:41pm

Post #27 of 35 (330 views)
Shortcut
I want to see the serpents of the North [In reply to] Can't Post

I want to see how the Elf king got his wound

PredatoR
Bree

Apr 16 2014, 9:45pm

Post #28 of 35 (324 views)
Shortcut
. [In reply to] Can't Post

Just watched high fells sneak peak from 24 march. It is much more longer and better. Hope to see an extended high fells as well. Even a couple of seconds more middle earth is always pleasure to watch.

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Apr 17 2014, 2:07am

Post #29 of 35 (319 views)
Shortcut
Carrock won't make it [In reply to] Can't Post

because PJ would have to re-edit the whole structure of the beginning of the film, the flashback ends with Gandalf saying; "that's why we need a burglar", than it flashes forward to Bilbo. We better get a lot more Mirkwood, more Beorn and more high fells would be great but i'm not really sure what else there could be?? Their just empty tombs.

photo 1bf768b4-0b33-420d-9c59-41ea3cf03def_zps1d44c4cf.jpg

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Apr 17 2014, 2:09am

Post #30 of 35 (311 views)
Shortcut
what else have we seen from the high fells? [In reply to] Can't Post

i'm curious to know what else has been seen?

photo 1bf768b4-0b33-420d-9c59-41ea3cf03def_zps1d44c4cf.jpg

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Apr 17 2014, 2:37am

Post #31 of 35 (317 views)
Shortcut
"We need a burglar..." [In reply to] Can't Post

Re-editing the beginning wouldn't be completely out of the question considering how the beginning of FotR was changed for the EE. I guess it would just depend on the material they have. I could see them adding the scene in and just using a different shot of Bilbo. He probably wouldn't be "burgling" though, so it would be a weaker transition. But they've sacrificed similar things before like when they added the scene between Faramir and Denethor in RotK. The EE lost that great transition from Gandalf saying "Faramir tell me everything" to Frodo and Sam climbing the stairs.

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Apr 17 2014, 2:39am

Post #32 of 35 (308 views)
Shortcut
Radagast lines [In reply to] Can't Post

I think Radagast just had a few additional lines about the tombs looking like they were broken from the inside.

Fàfnir
Rohan

Apr 17 2014, 7:18am

Post #33 of 35 (302 views)
Shortcut
Philippa Boyens said something about a Smaug scene [In reply to] Can't Post

when loses his nerve when he finds out that Bilbo has stole a cup. She said she hoped it would make it into the EE, so it's a strong candidate

PredatoR
Bree

Apr 17 2014, 8:15am

Post #34 of 35 (279 views)
Shortcut
... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
i'm curious to know what else has been seen?

There are some extended climbing down on stairs when Gandalf is in the mountaim already. Then a small extended examination inside the tomb and Ragadast appears. Gandalf says " oo You! " instead of " it is you" like at current version and extended Radagast phrases come : " oh yes, it is me "
And last extended phrases from Gandalf " these tombs were broken from inside" additionally there are some camera angles are different.

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Apr 17 2014, 5:02pm

Post #35 of 35 (259 views)
Shortcut
interesting [In reply to] Can't Post

I assumed the cup bit was part of the original version of the scene before the Smaug chase was shot. But if she said she hopes it's in the EE, maybe there's actually a way for them to work it in anyway.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.