What should be done with Radagast and Tauriel
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Imladris18
Lorien

Apr 15 2014, 11:54pm

Post #26 of 47 (599 views)
Shortcut
Also, a couple lines up: [In reply to] Can't Post

"It was that very night of summer, yet moonless and starless, that Orcs came on us at unawares."

Whelp, that's it. Pack it up, we figured it out.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 16 2014, 12:35am

Post #27 of 47 (583 views)
Shortcut
Awww.... / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Apr 16 2014, 2:06am

Post #28 of 47 (591 views)
Shortcut
*lightbulb goes on* I think EL may have indirectly confirmed this [In reply to] Can't Post

I think you're right. We have figured it out. Way back on March 6th when EL had her Facebook chat about TH, someone asked her if she was satisfied with the way Tauriel's storyline wraps up and she said something like (I'm operating on nothing but memory here) "Yes. I was very happy with how her story ends. It really helps to set up the Fellowship."

With her saying that and the quotes y'all have from the books, I can't think of anything else that could happen. The reason Legolas goes to the council of Elrond was to report that Gollum had escaped after the orcs came and killed his guards....Awww, Tauriel's gonna get killed while guarding Gollum! I'm going to go cry now.Frown

"So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine"
--Hillsong United

Elskidor
Rohan

Apr 16 2014, 4:44am

Post #29 of 47 (554 views)
Shortcut
. [In reply to] Can't Post

Tauriel should be merged with Sauron. Have a big one on one fight where she nearly kills him, but merges as one with him instead. That way in LoTRs we still have Tauriel in the form of Sauron. Then they can go back to rework a scene in RoTK where Tauriel is free when Sauron dies and she lives happily ever after with Legolas. Or she is about to until she falls in love with Gimli, and ruins Gimli and Legolas' friendship. This begins a follow up elf vs dwarf war set of films 10 years up the road.

Also make Raddy live to be the main enemy in the final trilogy. His mind continues to decay, and he turns insane. Stumbles upon a lost power that makes him stronger, and yeah..stuff happens. He finds a frozen donkey wheel too. Maybe toss in some time travel, and merge the LOST storyline where we find out Kate Austin was always Tauriel, and and Merry was always Charlie Pace. Raddy turned the frozen donkey wheel and they ended up in Middle Earth, which was also always the island in its earliest history. That statue was one of Gondor's old statues.

There...now we have a terrible idea to get more Middle Earth and LOST stories all rolled into one. I'd watch it.

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Apr 16 2014, 8:57am

Post #30 of 47 (543 views)
Shortcut
Quite agree, Dormouse... [In reply to] Can't Post

No need for Tauriel to steal the limelight with a death in the Bo5A...I think her demise during Gollum's escape would be a far more effective, and Tolkienesque ending.

It seems my rumour is beginning to gain traction - let's hope PJ picks up on it! Wink

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Apr 16 2014, 10:04am

Post #31 of 47 (533 views)
Shortcut
Agree. [In reply to] Can't Post

That is exactly my prediction too.

"Obsession is the trend of the 2000's"

DanielLB
Immortal

Apr 16 2014, 10:17am

Post #32 of 47 (524 views)
Shortcut
It would also make ... [In reply to] Can't Post

A brilliant bridge-film ... Angelic

How do we get this idea to PJ and co.?

DwellerInDale
Rohan

Apr 16 2014, 12:44pm

Post #33 of 47 (526 views)
Shortcut
Perhaps one ray of hope... [In reply to] Can't Post

...is that they will only imply her fate (via a scene where she is sent on a mission to take charge of Gollum) but not actually show such a bridge scene (after all, Andy Serkis said that he was pretty much done with Gollum).

If they do show such a scene with the elves guarding Gollum getting killed by orcs, and Tauriel being one of them, then I'm afraid that you and I will have to give each other a lot of moral support, Eruvandi. Frown

In Reply To
The reason Legolas goes to the council of Elrond was to report that Gollum had escaped after the orcs came and killed his guards....Awww, Tauriel's gonna get killed while guarding Gollum! I'm going to go cry now.Frown

Don't mess with my favorite female elf.

Name
Rohan

Apr 16 2014, 1:35pm

Post #34 of 47 (513 views)
Shortcut
Interesting discussion [In reply to] Can't Post

I would really love to see the moth connected with Radagast, even if it means he has to "die". I'm not saying he has to turn into the moth literally, I would just like a strong connection drawn between the two. I think having that connection really enriches LotR and helps explain the whole "moth and eagles" idea.

As for Tauriel, I want to see her die as one of Gollum's guards (now that it's been mentioned I really like the concept). It could be intercut with scenes at the end. It could even be retold to Bilbo by Balin when he visits. Yes this breaks the lore, but it would definitely work. Balin could then mention his expedition to Moria, and the movie could end at that little dinner scene, just like in the book.

My name is Name, which, name-wise, is a much better name than your first name, last name, or name's name could ever plan on naming themselves.

Imladris18
Lorien

Apr 16 2014, 2:42pm

Post #35 of 47 (508 views)
Shortcut
Hold on, hold on... [In reply to] Can't Post

Dead OR taken!

Sauron captures Tauriel, that's why Legolas joins the Fellowship. It's a quick ticket straight to the Black Gates for a rescue mission Sly

Edit: In all seriousness, I think if anything, we may see her become one of Gollum's guards as an epilogue kinda thing, but I don't think they'd go as far as to show him escaping or Tauriel being captured or killed. This is pretty deep into "bridge" territory, past the conclusion of the Hobbit. I don't see this kind of scene fitting into TaBA (or ITTF? lol) with all the events already going on that actually involves The Hobbit.

(This post was edited by Imladris18 on Apr 16 2014, 2:46pm)

FrogmortonJustice65
Lorien

Apr 16 2014, 3:35pm

Post #36 of 47 (486 views)
Shortcut
IDK how likely it is. [In reply to] Can't Post

Book Legolas definitely was at the Council to report on Gollum, but the film makes no mention of that. It is probably just Lily's way of confirming that Tauriel's death will lead to Legolas' realization that he must actively fight for what he believes in, rather than subscribing to a selfish/isolationist worldview. I don't think Gollum will have anything to do with it. I don't think the FOTR movie makes any mention of Gollum's imprisonment in Mirkwood, so it wouldn't really be setting up anything.

Showing that scene would make a lot of sense for a bridge film -- but it would be kind of a downer to have Tauriel's death-by-Gollum at the end of the Hobbit. I doubt it will happen. Cool theory, though.

photo cbccab4e-f61e-4be5-aaa1-20e302430c7c.jpg

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Apr 16 2014, 3:49pm

Post #37 of 47 (480 views)
Shortcut
LOTR and LOST [In reply to] Can't Post

Tauriel should be merged with Sauron. Have a big one on one fight where she nearly kills him, but merges as one with him instead. That way in LoTRs we still have Tauriel in the form of Sauron. Then they can go back to rework a scene in RoTK where Tauriel is free when Sauron dies and she lives happily ever after with Legolas. Or she is about to until she falls in love with Gimli, and ruins Gimli and Legolas' friendship. This begins a follow up elf vs dwarf war set of films 10 years up the road.

Also make Raddy live to be the main enemy in the final trilogy. His mind continues to decay, and he turns insane. Stumbles upon a lost power that makes him stronger, and yeah..stuff happens. He finds a frozen donkey wheel too. Maybe toss in some time travel, and merge the LOST storyline where we find out Kate Austin was always Tauriel, and and Merry was always Charlie Pace. Raddy turned the frozen donkey wheel and they ended up in Middle Earth, which was also always the island in its earliest history. That statue was one of Gondor's old statues.

There...now we have a terrible idea to get more Middle Earth and LOST stories all rolled into one. I'd watch it.

Oooook.Tongue

Actually, when EL had that Facebook discussion that I mentioned in my post above, someone asked her what Tauriel would do if faced with the smoke monster from LOST. She jokingly said "Tauriel would breathe it into herself, take herself to Mount Doom and throw herself into the lava." Lol.

When oceans rise
--Hillsong United

Cillendor
Lorien

Apr 16 2014, 4:28pm

Post #38 of 47 (478 views)
Shortcut
I doubt Legolas would go for any reason other than because Thranduil told him to. [In reply to] Can't Post

If they did show Gollum in captivity, they'd have to show Aragorn bring him there, or otherwise drastically change the way that he was captured (which would surely piss off fans like nothing else). But where would that fit into the story? Legolas never mentions Gollum in the movie's Council of Elrond, so it's not as if viewers would see Gollum in captivity and suddenly connect the dots. Astute viewers might remember that Gollum was captured by Sauron and tortured, but there is no mention of him first being in captivity in Mirkwood.

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Apr 16 2014, 4:54pm

Post #39 of 47 (452 views)
Shortcut
Oh, I'm not advocating that PJ should include any "bridge" material... [In reply to] Can't Post

regarding Gollum. Just that there is no need for Tauriel to killed off, just because she doesn't appear in LotR! For those that need a reason for her non-appearance, I'm simply saying that she could have been one of Gollum's guards in our "head canon..." Smile

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

Salmacis81
Tol Eressea

Apr 16 2014, 5:23pm

Post #40 of 47 (446 views)
Shortcut
Well, technically... [In reply to] Can't Post

...Tauriel is not a fleshed-out Captain of the Guards, because the only purpose of the Captain of the Guards in the book is to get drunk and pass out so Bilbo can lift his keys. The role of "Captain of the Guard" from the book was filled out by "the keeper of the keys" in the film. Tauriel's role is 100% different to that of the Captain of the Guard from the book, so much so that we cannot really call her the same character.

Imladris18
Lorien

Apr 16 2014, 5:34pm

Post #41 of 47 (444 views)
Shortcut
At the same time: [In reply to] Can't Post

Legolas' views are already changed. He, even more so than Tauriel even, is actively pursuing orcs well outside Mirkwood. I'm sure daddy is not too fond of this.

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Apr 16 2014, 5:39pm

Post #42 of 47 (441 views)
Shortcut
This is true [In reply to] Can't Post

But EL has confirmed time and time again that there is tragedy in Tauriel's future. Whether that tragedy is her death, or Kili's, or both...I guess there's no way to know for sure until December. *looks longingly at calendar* Personally I'd rather she not die at all.

When oceans rise
--Hillsong United

Imladris18
Lorien

Apr 16 2014, 5:45pm

Post #43 of 47 (442 views)
Shortcut
I'm probably being too optimistic here, but [In reply to] Can't Post

the tragedy could very well just be the death of Kili. It seems rather odd of EL to basically confirm her character's death so candidly when it's one of the things about TaBA that NO fan is certain of.

(This post was edited by Imladris18 on Apr 16 2014, 5:45pm)

glor
Rohan

Apr 16 2014, 7:06pm

Post #44 of 47 (440 views)
Shortcut
Perhaps that's why Thranduil [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sure daddy is not too fond of this

..sent his son to the Council of Elrond to keep him out of trouble Laugh

Thranduil: So son, you must go to Imladris and deliver the message that the ring bearer known as Gollum has managed to escape from his bonds in our Kingdom. There will be no, adventures, Orc chasing or engaging in quests, do you understand me Legolas, for I am your father and your King.

Legolas: Of course father...(fingers crossed behind back)..I will do this task as ordered..

WinkWink

(This post was edited by glor on Apr 16 2014, 7:07pm)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Apr 16 2014, 8:13pm

Post #45 of 47 (404 views)
Shortcut
That's true. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
...Tauriel is not a fleshed-out Captain of the Guards, because the only purpose of the Captain of the Guards in the book is to get drunk and pass out so Bilbo can lift his keys. The role of "Captain of the Guard" from the book was filled out by "the keeper of the keys" in the film. Tauriel's role is 100% different to that of the Captain of the Guard from the book, so much so that we cannot really call her the same character.

For the longest time, many of us were convinced that Tauriel was a gender-bent version of the Wood-elf guard from the book. That idea stuck so firmly in the heads of some fans that they cannot quite grasp that the key-master is still in the film under the name of Elros.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

EomundDaughter
Lorien

Apr 16 2014, 8:33pm

Post #46 of 47 (393 views)
Shortcut
WOW....mind spinning! [In reply to] Can't Post

Glassary
Rivendell

Apr 17 2014, 2:17am

Post #47 of 47 (383 views)
Shortcut
Both live I believe [In reply to] Can't Post

First think Radagast will simply fade out in the 3rd Hobbit film. He's played his part and he probably
has gone back to Mirkwood till he's need in FOTR to relay the message from Saruman.
Again after which he fades back into the forest, this seems to be his role as herald of news and then
exit stage left.

Now as to Tauriel, as an invented character she's wide open to anything. I don't believe PJ will kill her off.
What I do believe as others have stated is that she will survive the battle, maybe with Kili at the end and let
him know she will talk to his mother about him. Believe she may even keep the stone (what does it say?) and
end up back at her post as guard captain.

Think it's a good idea if she is one of the guards killed in the Orc/Gollum escape. This could explain why
Legolas appears at first in FOTR very quiet and deep. He may still be thinking of his friend who died and
who believed in the woodland realm being part of the greater world.
But don't believe Legolas would go to the ring council because of her death, rather because he father would
ask him to relay this news.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.