The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The lost scene between Fili and Thorin

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Apr 13 2014, 8:37pm

Post #1 of 4 (830 views)
Shortcut
The lost scene between Fili and Thorin Can't Post

Iīm sorry Iīm putting a lot o new posts in a short perios of time, but I have a lot of free time right now and itīs difficult to me not thinking about some things my fandomness spring in my mind.

Well, the scene that all we have seen photos of Thorin talking to Fili, could it happen on the way to Beornīs and appear in the EE of Dos

I know they shoot a lot of scenes that doesnīt make even the EE cut but it has appeared so many times on magazines and all that, I dont know...

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

tsmith675
Gondor

Apr 13 2014, 8:47pm

Post #2 of 4 (447 views)
Shortcut
I always assumed that shot was from the warg chase scene. [In reply to] Can't Post

And that it just never made it in for whatever reason.

Our destiny lies above us.

Dcole4
Rohan

Apr 14 2014, 5:02pm

Post #3 of 4 (188 views)
Shortcut
This was part of the Warg scene [In reply to] Can't Post

Part of me was sad it was cut but some of the BTS sheds light on why it was removed from the EE.

When they originally shot the Hobbit in a 2 film structure, the Warg chase was the company's first encounter with orcs, and at this point, the audience would not know who Azog is (the flashback was originally meant for Beorn's house). This leads me to believe that the Fili-Thorin moment would have been part of the original cut where they wonder where these orcs came from. Obviously the audience of the final retooled version have already linked them with Azog with the repositioned Moria flashback, thus make the Fili-Thorin piece repetitive and unnecessary.

Hope to see it as a deleted scene though! There was also the moment where Bilbo looks out his window at the Shire, that was cut (and mentioned on the commentary)

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Apr 14 2014, 11:50pm

Post #4 of 4 (131 views)
Shortcut
I was disappointed it wasn't included in the EE, too. [In reply to] Can't Post

For over a year now I've been campaigning for more Fili. *sighs and looks at DOS marketing* No one listens to me.

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.